Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

From Secession To Xenophobia. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From Secession To Xenophobia. (346 Views)

Xenophobia: S’African Envoy Meets Buhari, Apologizes To Nigeria (Photos) / Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? / Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

From Secession To Xenophobia. by amjoseph19: 11:05am On Jun 10, 2017
Few days after the treat from the Arewa youths asking one of the largest ethnic group in Nigeria to vacate the North. I have been following up the issue both in Nairaland and other social media hubs.

First of all let me define the 2 terms according to dictionary.com

Xenophobia: is fear or hatred of foreigners, people from different cultures, or strangers.

Secession: is to withdraw formally from an alliance, federation, or association, as from a political union, a religious organization, etc.

One thing that have struck me in this whole saga, is not the treat. but the reason of majority of those justifying such a despicable act. They said "since the igbos want to breakaway from Nigeria, then they should go to their home town".

How can someone justify such an act from the Northern youths. This is actually coming from the same group that criticized Nmadi kanu.

Now, i present this question to you, WHERE IS IT WRITTEN THAT BEFORE A REGION GAIN INDEPENDENCE, ALL THE MEMBERS FROM THAT REGION MUST GO BACK TO THEIR HOME TOWN?
BEFORE NIGERIA GAIN INDEPENDENCE, WHERE THERE EVER A TIME THOSE IN UK, USA OR OTHER NATIONS WERE FORCED TO RETURN HOME?

Nigerians have actively criticized South Africans for their xenophobic behaviour. Then, what is this one called? is this not the mother of them all? The FG nor the UN is yet to give or grant them independence nor approve of a referendum. As far as a nation us concern, They are still Nigeria.

Am yet to see those in Madrid asking those Catalonias staying in Madrid to leave Madrid. Am yet to read Parisian nor other France province asking those from monaco to leave.
Are they no kosovians staying is Serbia?

With the dawn of event, This has gone further to prove that One Nigeria is a scam. A very big Scam. There is no oneness.
Can those justifying such an act please come forward? Bunch of xenophobias.

(1) (Reply)

Help! Help!! Help!!! / Latest Information Needed For Perfect House Design,constrution & Approval In Nig / FHC Abuja Dismisses Stay Of Proceedings Application Filed By Olisa Metuh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.