Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? (1678 Views)

Lockdown: The Rice Given To Alimosho LGA Residents To Stay At Home (Video) / Why Can't Igbo,yoruba,hausa,etc Share Presidency / Instead Of Noise Making Why Can't Igbo Formally Ask For Secession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by princdebola201(m): 11:35am On Jun 10, 2017
Majority of Hausa's investment re on their soil

90% of Yoruba's investment re on their soil

Why can't Igbo do the same??

Is their home soil not good for investment,maybe the witchcrafts in their villages will never allow them to progress I don't understand sef

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by donkossy(m): 11:43am On Jun 10, 2017
Because of the evil people in the land....

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by xynerise: 11:49am On Jun 10, 2017
Because they have been living with the deception called One Nigeria.

If truly, we are one, you shouldn't be asking this question

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by GrandGarcon: 11:56am On Jun 10, 2017
There are much more igbo investments in IGBO land than there are in anywhere else, I wonder where you people get this idea from, is it because you see IGBO owned 2x2 shops in Alaba? Go to Onitsha main market, the biggest market in west Africa if not the whole of Africa. 99% Igbo, 99% of the cottage industries in IGBO land is owned by Igbos, Ekeonunwa of Owerri 99% of the traders there are Igbos, are Innoson, Chikason, Ibeto, Obguawa, and other manufacturers in Igboland Yoruba people? Go to Aba, 99% of the people doing business in Aba are Igbos.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by 9icest: 11:59am On Jun 10, 2017
With over one million Ibo gala and lacasera hawkers alone in Lagos, and all their rich brothers settling down in Lagos, we just learn the Ibos are an extremely wicked, terrible set of people who can't even stay in their own land. It shows you the little faith they have in their leaders, land, and in themselves as a people.
Proudly an Ebira, as poor we are, we think home, and build and invest in our region first.

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 10, 2017
princdebola201:
[s]Majority of Hausa's investment re on their soil

Is their home soil not good for investment,maybe the witchcrafts in their villages will never allow them to progress I don't understand sef[/s]

Superior people don't stay at home to invest. They know that it would be diffcult to compete amongst themselves. Rather, they move to other places where they have advantage over the people. For example, Jewish people are scattered around the world and doing great but hardly ever invest at home because they will face highly competitive jewish people. Same as Chinese. Go and listen to Dr. Thomas Sowell. He explained this in great detail mentioning Jews, Chinese, Germans and Igbos in his book.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by Agumbankembu: 12:05pm On Jun 10, 2017
We have Tonimas, Star line, Geometric, we have Karisto, Cutix cables, we have Gregory University, we have Master Energy industrial hub at Isiukwuato.

What we are saying is, we want more, let them bring even if half of their outside investments home, then let's see who go talk rubbish again.
Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by Agumbankembu: 12:11pm On Jun 10, 2017
9icest:
With over one million Ibo gala and lacasera hawkers alone in Lagos, and all their rich brothers settling down in Lagos, we just learn the Ibos are an extremely wicked, terrible set of people who can't even stay in their own land. It shows you the little faith they have in their leaders, land, and in themselves as a people.
Proudly an Ebira, as poor we are, we think home, and build and invest in our region first.

The investment in ur Ebira land cannot even match the one along Osisioma Expressway in Aba alone, where we have Tonimas and Karisto electrical switches and have many soap producing companies.

Don't delude yourself guy, Aba only have 5 clusters of shoe makers with each numbering 10000.
The fabrication people are over 11000 in Aba, I am only telling you about Aba, I don't even want to talk about the adjoining areas.

There are lots of businesses and companies running here, don't think we don't know what we are doing, we want our people to remember home first.

It is in our nature to explore into unfamiliar territories for business, doesn't mean the ones at home are failing.
Ordinary traders in Ahia Ohuru Aba are riding big cars and building high tall buildings yearly.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by princdebola201(m): 12:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
new2020:

Superior people don't stay at home to invest. They know that it would be diffcult to compete amongst themselves. Rather, they move to other places where they have advantage over the people. For example, Jewish people are scattered around the world and doing great but hardly ever invest at home. Same as Chinese. Go and listen to Dr. Thomas Sowell. He explained this in great detail mentioning Jews, Chinese, Germans and Igbos in his book.
you mean superior traders grin

Cos there is a big difference between a trader and enterprenuer grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by kanayoNickel: 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2017
Seriously Igbo's should just come back and invest more @ home...

One Nigeria x A crime against Humanity.
Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by ojun50(m): 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2017
I dey read, op i dey sure say u never cross ekiti befor
Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by APCsupporter: 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2017
princdebola201:
you mean superior traders grin
Cos there is a big difference between a trader and enterprenuer grin
true. they only know how to import products everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 10, 2017
Open a sea port nearer to the south east, lots of people wouldn't be going to Lagos.

If BA, Lufthansa and the likes of virgin Atlantic could depart from Heathrow and land at Akanu Ibiam airport in Enugu, I wouldn't spend more than five days in Lagos or Abuja.

Coal city forever. 042 for life.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
APCsupporter:

true. they only know how to import products everywhere.

That's because there are people who only know how to buy things imported from everywhere.

Stop buying and they won't be importing.
Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by Kingspin(m): 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2017
princdebola201:

Is their home soil not good for investment,maybe the witchcrafts in their villages will never allow them to progress I don't understand sef
Why can't every Nigerian., Ibo, Hausa or Yoruba stay in Nigeria?
Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by APCsupporter: 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2017
gbosaa:

That's because there are people who only know how to buy things imported from everywhere.

Stop buying and they won't be importing.

did I condemn the fact that they are importers? consumption of imported goods is not restricted to any region in Nigeria. my point is that being an importer is not something to brag about. there are people that can easily replace them. I was once into Mini importation. it requires nothing special

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 10, 2017
APCsupporter:

did I condemn the fact that they are importers? consumption of imported goods is not restricted to any region in Nigeria. my point is that being an importer is not something to brag about. there are people that can easily replace them. I was once into Mini importation. it requires nothing special

Why did you stop your mini importation?
Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by APCsupporter: 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2017
gbosaa:

Why did you stop your mini importation?

the competition was hot and agriculture was proving to be more profitable to me.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by EzeUche(m): 1:41pm On Jun 10, 2017
Why stay at home when the world is a large place and there is money to be made?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by Omofunaab2: 2:05pm On Jun 10, 2017
gbosaa:
Open a sea port nearer to the south east, lots of people wouldn't be going to Lagos.

If BA, Lufthansa and the likes of virgin Atlantic could depart from Heathrow and land at Akanu Ibiam airport in Enugu, I wouldn't spend more than five days in Lagos or Abuja.

Coal city forever. 042 for life.

Ogun and Ondo state in collaboration with private investors are both building a deep seaport in olokola

Lagos state government in collaboration with private investors is building a seaport at lekki

Also, we are building another seaport at badagry

Lagos state wants to build another airport

Ogun state has started the construction of a airport

Why can't your Governors do same? . why must you wait for the federal government?

5 Likes

Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 10, 2017
APCsupporter:

the competition was hot and agriculture was proving to be more profitable to me.

And you said there was nothing too special about it. Lots of people depend on that for their daily bread.
Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by APCsupporter: 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2017
gbosaa:

And you said there was nothing too special about it. Lots of people depend on that for their daily bread.

that's why I said when they leave, there will be much less competition and the demand for imported goods will rise. there will be more demand than supply and somebody like me who knows how to import will go back and make cool cash. new people will invest in it and in a short time, the biafrans will be replaced. that's why I said there is nothing special about it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 10, 2017
APCsupporter:

that's why I said when they leave, there will be much less competition and the demand for imported goods will rise. there will be more demand than supply and somebody like me who knows how to import will go back and make cool cash. new people will invest in it and in a short time, the biafrans will be replaced. that's why I said there is nothing special about it

I get it now. The Biafrans have been stifling brother from making money. Goodluck in your quest. I think you should be preparing to import now so that by end of September, your containers would've arrived, cleared and by first week of October, it will be massive sales for you. I bet you'll also occupy one of the houses left by the Biafrans.

Bro you don hammer. 2017 is a good year for you. By end of October 2017. You would've become a wealthy importer and a landlord.
Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by jieta: 2:27pm On Jun 10, 2017
princdebola201:

how many plot of land did you carry along when you were coming to this world.
Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by APCsupporter: 2:30pm On Jun 10, 2017
gbosaa:

I get it now. The Biafrans have been stifling brother from making money. Goodluck in your quest. I think you should be preparing to import now so that by end of September, your containers would've arrived, cleared and by first week of October, it will be massive sales for you. I bet you'll also occupy one of the houses left by the Biafrans.

Bro you don hammer. 2017 is a good year for you. By end of October 2017. You would've become a wealthy importer and a landlord.

nobody is eyeing their properties. it seems like you still don't even understand my point. you said their departure will affect our economy so I'm telling you how they can easily be replaced. yes the igbos are competing with us and they would also be happy if others would stop competing with them. it's business bro. the less the supply, the higher the demand and the higher the demand, the higher the salescheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 10, 2017
APCsupporter:

nobody is eyeing their properties. it seems like you still don't even understand my point. you said their departure will affect our economy so I'm telling you how they can easily be replaced. yes the igbos are competing with us and they would also be happy if others would stop competing with them. it's business bro. the less the supply, the higher the demand and the higher the demand, the higher the salescheesy

Where did I say that their departure would affect the economy? Kindly go through my posts and point it out.

If there's one thing I can extract from your post. It's the fact that these people are actually helping to keep the prices down cos there are lots of option for people to choose from and that includes choice of items and competitive prices.

By the way, did I tell you that I'm a proud Nwafor. 042 is the code.
Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 10, 2017
APCsupporter:

nobody is eyeing their properties. it seems like you still don't even understand my point. you said their departure will affect our economy so I'm telling you how they can easily be replaced. [b] yes the igbos are competing with us [/b]and they would also be happy if others would stop competing with them. it's business bro. the less the supply, the higher the demand and the higher the demand, the higher the salescheesy

Who are the 'us' that the Igbos are competing with?
Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by tdbankplc: 2:45pm On Jun 10, 2017
A business man must always go out to see where there is no market and put his market there. Dangote even have investments outside of nigeria so it's not a crime to invest outside if it will fetch u quick money.
Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by princdebola201(m): 2:52pm On Jun 10, 2017
tdbankplc:
A business man must always go out to see where there is no market and put his market there. Dangote even have investments outside of nigeria so it's not a crime to invest outside if it will fetch u quick money.
invest outside at the detriment of your home makes sense right

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by deomelo: 2:58pm On Jun 10, 2017
princdebola201:

Because they hate and don't like their home.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by APCsupporter: 3:01pm On Jun 10, 2017
gbosaa:

Who are the 'us' that the Igbos are competing with?
there are northerners that are into importation too

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Igbo Stay At Home And Invest?? by APCsupporter: 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2017
gbosaa:

Where did I say that their departure would affect the economy? Kindly go through my posts and point it out.

If there's one thing I can extract from your post. It's the fact that these people are actually helping to keep the prices down cos there are lots of option for people to choose from and that includes choice of items and competitive prices.

By the way, did I tell you that I'm a proud Nwafor. 042 is the code.

maybe it wasn't you that said such. my bad. for now, they are keeping the prices down but even if they go, we will still bring it down again.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Name Change: ADN To DAN / Close Of Picture Of Buhari And Osinbajo / IPOB Not A Terror Group –EU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.