Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

New Vistas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Vistas (209 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Vistas by lalaponcus(m): 1:53pm On Jun 10, 2017
NEW VISTAS

On a certain day, I packed my bags.
Like Abraham upon hearing the call to "Get thee out..."
Like Lot upon being told to quickly seek out a new place,
I moved out.

Out of my favorite neighborhood, I moved.

Bidding goodbyes to worldliness, Drunkenness and vain pleasures
Three drinking buddies who found it perplexing that I was leaving the 'high life'.

Literally wrenching myself away from the arms of sin who was my wife given to me by her father Death.
For I had used the precious currency of the blood to pay back her bride price and loose myself.

The journey began in earnest.

With joy, I marched on and removed my eyes from the popular playgrounds which I played as a toddler.
Lord knows that I did not want to trigger any memories that may want me to turn back.

With a loud voice, I sang to block out the song playing from the nearby CD store.
Lord knows I did not wish to dance to the tune of what previously got me intoxicated with wrecklessness.

Like Captain Jack Sparrow on the high seas, my eyes remained on the compass.

The compass that points the path to treasures in untold quantity.
That compass that reveals the contents of one's heart and tells the way to change it.
That compass that leads the sick and weary to the place of healing and strength.

Aye!
Like a captain sailing the rough and tumbling seas, I kept my eyes on the compass (bible).

Then, the wolves attacked.
Coming out of the nearby bushes with the stern mission of driving back.

Back to the land of the dead where nothing holds for the living.
Back to the land of vanity where no true joy exists.
Back to the land of drought, where the well of life dried up at the moment the first inhabitants (Adam and Eve) ate the forbidden fruit.

With my veins flowing with prayers, I garnered strength.

With my mind firmly affixed on the home ahead, I stood firm.

Then I drew out my sword.
From my scabbard of constant study, the sword of truth came forth.

One, which I used to decimate the wolves.
One which gave a blazing light to my path for it was night.
One which gave might and overshadowed all my fright.

Aye!
That sword and compass given to me by my Jesus opened up new Vistas for me at all turns of the journey.
#BASHORUN

Okontas.com

(1) (Reply)

Website Development For Churches At A Affordable Price. / Upcoming Evangelism And Missions Summit / Pray Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.