Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating (12081 Views)

2019 Rolls-Royce Cullinan SUV Recalled Due To Dim Brake Lights / 1.3 Million Ford F-150 Recalled Due To Doors That May Open On Motion / 52,000 Porsche Macan Recalled Due To Fuel Odour In The Cabin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by autojosh: 5:38pm On Jun 10, 2017
Due to a new safety campaign that could include their rides, Toyota announced that approximately 32,000 units, from the 2016-2017 model Tacoma, which are powered by a V6 engine have been recalled.

According to Toyota, the engine crankshaft timing rotor in some of these pickup trucks could have been produced with excessive anti-corrosion coating, and as a result, the crank position sensor may malfunction.

If this happens, then the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light) will light up and the vehicles might misfire, or even stall, in some cases, thus increasing the risk of a crash. In light of this, Toyota’s technicians seek to replace the crank position sensors with new ones, of an improved design.

https://autojosh.com/toyota-tacoma-recalls-pick-up-trucks/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
Yes.. you are right... I have returned my own too.....

14 Likes

Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:45pm On Jun 10, 2017
waiting for the day innoson will press the recall button grin

6 Likes

Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 10, 2017
MykOnyxo:
easy tiger

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 10, 2017
PaperLace:
easy tiger
so I can't lie in Peace again

28 Likes

Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 11, 2017
MykOnyxo:

so I can't lie in Peace again
There is already a man for the job (Lie Mohammed), he is so good at it _no plans to replace him in this present administration.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by SalamRushdie: 8:12am On Jun 11, 2017
MykOnyxo:

Easy rambo

1 Like

Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 11, 2017
just returned mine last week..

1 Like

Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by gabaoil: 8:15am On Jun 11, 2017
some greedy nigerians wont return theirs, claiming nothin dey happn. shocked
Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by Drversatile: 8:17am On Jun 11, 2017
Good thinking good product
Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by teamsynergy: 8:17am On Jun 11, 2017
all these manufacturing companies need to chill.... they are not really troubleshooting again before pushing products in to the market...

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by teamsynergy: 8:19am On Jun 11, 2017
gabaoil:
some greedy nigerians wont return theirs, claiming nothin dey happn. shocked
greedy?
Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by edidiongmichael(m): 8:19am On Jun 11, 2017
You get sense? Digest this

Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by rozayx5(m): 8:20am On Jun 11, 2017
grayht:
just returned mine last week..

to the village?
Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by helphelp: 8:22am On Jun 11, 2017
And person go dey reason buy new model of motor.

No be to buy trusted and tested year Verizon jeje
Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by frankmoney(m): 8:22am On Jun 11, 2017
How do they return the cars ? Like for someone living in naija who covers the shipping expenses
Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by apesinola001: 8:22am On Jun 11, 2017
nice one Toyota
Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by TwerkingSquirrel(m): 8:22am On Jun 11, 2017
Returned mine last week sef
. . In one of those numerous malaria dreams shaa.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by seunny4lif(m): 8:28am On Jun 11, 2017
MykOnyxo:
Great
My own no dey start self
Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by fashrola(m): 8:29am On Jun 11, 2017
frankmoney:
How do they return the cars ? Like for someone living in naija who covers the shipping expenses

If you bought it from an authorized dealer like elizade ..... You can definitely return it
Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by jaytime(m): 8:33am On Jun 11, 2017
Wow, this is a very valuable information. It was actually on the list of trucks I considered to get for my business.
Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by samtee37(m): 8:40am On Jun 11, 2017
Ca they replace my leggedes Benz with the Tacoma grin

Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by MrIcredible: 8:46am On Jun 11, 2017
I won't return mine angry

Lai lai
Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by evy1(m): 8:52am On Jun 11, 2017
Person like me wey buy 3rd hand na
How I go do?
Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by MaconAwire(m): 9:25am On Jun 11, 2017
So I will now become carless abi...
my wife will not greet me welcome nau...
she will say I go out with car n come back carless...
Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by ekwerendi(m): 11:44am On Jun 11, 2017
its a gud one...safety first
Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by Nicepoker(m): 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2017
rozayx5:

to the village?
to where he stole it
Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by Originalsly: 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2017
jaytime:
Wow, this is a very valuable information. It was actually on the list of trucks I considered to get for my business.
So why not get it? They would change the sensors in the unsold trucks before selling. Auto companies have recalls all the time for various reasons..... this recall is not because of what had happened.... but what can happen.
Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by Exponental(m): 1:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
What's the faith of newer models of tundra and hilux?
Re: Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating by donqx: 1:56pm On Jun 11, 2017
toyota again

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda / Tesla Now More Valuable Than GM At $51 Billion! / BMW Is Already Recalling New M760li Over Oil Leak – Quite Fast!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.