Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,145 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala (2771 Views)

Femi Aribisala: Tinubu, Oshiomhole Now Internally Displaced Politicians / Oshiomhole And Obaseki’s Credentials By Femi Aribisala / This Is Why Nigeria Was Handed Over To The North By Britain In 1960 - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala by HiddenShadow: 6:13am On Jun 11, 2017
Biafrans can do without the North
Re: Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala by Riduane: 6:20am On Jun 11, 2017
fineboynl:
Nigeria is in the table of among the poorest nation in the world because of the north..

Nigeria is among the poorest nations as a result of our bad and terrible leaders And not any north.

Or maybe you should tell us it is because of the north

the marriage is not working, it has never worked and cannot work. south will see reasons to take farming serious after the breakup. we can divert from cow to goat meat

I really don't know how you guys think. So in your warped mind, you think it would be easier for kids of this generation just like that when they had no experience like their fathers? Or is it the old men that will go back to farming ?

Have you also forgotten the fact that the north have a more fertile soil for farming compared to us down here?
Re: Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala by binsanni(m): 6:20am On Jun 11, 2017
hmm leg cross•• lemme wait till this poste get to the promise land
Re: Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala by Riduane: 6:21am On Jun 11, 2017
HiddenShadow:
Biafrans can do without the North

How ?
Re: Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala by Riduane: 6:23am On Jun 11, 2017
toocoded:
We've not been lucky with good leaders. If dividing this country will make it better, i so much support the whole ish. Tired of seeing poverty, peepz living in penury plus corporate beggars.

Dividing the country won't make it any better. Most of the bad leadership come from the senate and the state government. Both the 2 rascals get money from FG, isn't it? Then how are they using it for the betterment of their respective states ?
Re: Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala by HiddenShadow: 6:24am On Jun 11, 2017
Riduane:

How ?
What do we need the North for
What do the North has that we don't have or can't get somewhere else.?
Just tell me
Re: Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala by seunmsg(m): 6:31am On Jun 11, 2017
Smoothie01:
I'm yet to understand how the north "feeds" the country...a large percent of my native food is grown on our family land

The beans, yam, onions, tomatoes, pepper, cow meat etc that you eat are all from your family land?

Lalasticlala, this is an old article that is very relevant to the ongoing agitation to breakup the country. It deserves to be on the front-page.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala by fineboynl(m): 7:41am On Jun 11, 2017
Riduane:

Nigeria is among the poorest nations as a result of our bad and terrible leaders And not any north.

Or maybe you should tell us it is because of the north

I really don't know how you guys think. So in your warped mind, you think it would be easier for kids of this generation just like that when they had no experience like their fathers? Or is it the old men that will go back to farming ?

Have you also forgotten the fact that the north have a more fertile soil for farming compared to us down here?

every country import food they cannot produced. you can't have them all. by the time oil will dried up. then you will know that we are not one. the north will abandon you guys
Re: Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala by maiunguwar: 7:47am On Jun 11, 2017
The so called corn, beans, meat, tomatoes, etc that the north produce, do they give it to Igbos for free? If they stop bringing there farm products down south, It could be imported elsewhere. Besides it will mean a tremendous loss of income for millions of subsistence farmers in the north. Because the Eastern region constitute a significant market for there farm surpluses.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala by Levinelsonbob(m): 7:48am On Jun 11, 2017
That is for Nigeria now. Biafra doesn't need the North Mr Arigbisola
Re: Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala by maiunguwar: 7:58am On Jun 11, 2017
By the way, most of the the food requirement of the east can be met by the local farmers. Tomato and a host of vegetables for example can be produced more efficiently using green house technology utilising very minimal space.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala by otokx(m): 8:30am On Jun 11, 2017
Aribisala is wrong.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala by Sanchez01: 8:54am On Jun 11, 2017
Smoothie01:
I'm yet to understand how the north "feeds" the country...a large percent of my native food is grown on our family land
I believe you're naive. Would you badly say that your family has not been to the market to buy either peppers, tomatoes, onions, yams, beans or some other edible foods apart from rice?

The North is a huge problem to the country, yes, but true, their agricultural products feed almost the entire country if not all. We just have to come to terms with this.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala by Moreoffaith(m): 10:03am On Jun 11, 2017
Riduane:

What makes you think that his brain is paining him?

Because when you believe in yourself you will become unstoppable..

if you feel we can't stand alone, we can call back the British to re-colonize us.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala by bornaking(m): 10:07am On Jun 11, 2017
All I can say is divide this country in two. North and South.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala by Levinelsonbob(m): 10:52am On Jun 11, 2017
Arigbisala, there is no natural law which states that a humanly manipulated geographical contraption must always exist together. If u have other hiding a genders and fears for ur tribe not surviving alone, pls sir, be straight to the point. And who cares if Nigeria needs the North. We are talking of Biafra. Biafra doesn't need the North.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala by Smoothie01(f): 11:31am On Jun 11, 2017
seunmsg:

The beans, yam, onions, tomatoes, pepper, cow meat etc that you eat are all from your family land?

Lalasticlala, this is an old article that is very relevant to the ongoing agitation to breakup the country. It deserves to be on the front-page.

I'm sure you read "native food" in my comment.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Do Without The North By Femi Aribisala by Smoothie01(f): 11:55am On Jun 11, 2017
Sanchez01:

I believe you're naive. Would you badly say that your family has not been to the market to buy either peppers, tomatoes, onions, yams, beans or some other edible foods apart from rice?

The North is a huge problem to the country, yes, but true, their agricultural products feed almost the entire country if not all. We just have to come to terms with this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Nigerians Apologize To Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB / Punch Cartoon: Buhari's Treatment Of Boko Haram And Herdsmen In Contrast To IMN / Oyedepo Approves N650 Million For Road Repair In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.