Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,208 members, 7,836,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Enough Of This Igbo And Yoruba War On Nairaland - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enough Of This Igbo And Yoruba War On Nairaland (1773 Views)

See How This Igbo Man Is Making Nigerians Proud In The US / Herdsmen Killings: OPC, Agbekoya Mobilize Fighters, Declare War On Killer Fulani / FFK And Wife, Precious Arrive Enugu For Igbo And Yoruba Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enough Of This Igbo And Yoruba War On Nairaland by bros1234(m): 11:34pm On Jun 10, 2017
This is my observation too. When I check this site, the kind of war and hatred i read between Igbos and Yorubas make me shiver. But in real life is not that.

In real life I see hustlers all trying to survive. Yes. There are peculiar negatives with each of the tribes but it's not as you read it here.

May God help us

1 Like

Re: Enough Of This Igbo And Yoruba War On Nairaland by farouk0403(m): 11:48pm On Jun 10, 2017
omoharry:
Hé said the north is the common enemy of thé south becos all southerners are easy prey to their religions violence...to the Hausa /fulani you are an infidel and a sacrificial lamb at the alter of their religion.if you are not one of them.. however the middle belt and the northern Christians are exempted...

Really? where are you guys getting that idea about north ? is it thesame north that I am in or different?

I have never noticed any violence in my area since i was born up to now, but is left to you to believe what you want.
I have many christians friends and southerners as friends.

you people need to stop all this
hallucinations about north. My problem is with igbos they are full of hatred and i dont like some of them either, they always have this myopic assumption that we owe them.
Re: Enough Of This Igbo And Yoruba War On Nairaland by EzeUche(m): 11:50pm On Jun 10, 2017
bros1234:
This is my observation too. When I check this site, the kind of war and hatred i read between Igbos and Yorubas make me shiver. But in real life is not that.

In real life I see hustlers all trying to survive. Yes. There are peculiar negatives with each of the tribes but it's not as you read it here.

May God help us

The hate is onesided.

Igbos do not hate anyone. We just want to be left alone. People may see that as hate, but we just want peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Enough Of This Igbo And Yoruba War On Nairaland by freshest4live: 11:53pm On Jun 10, 2017
Yeah l think this hate is just on nairaland, looking at other blogs in Nigeria, it's different even when there is a disagreement. Probably the nairaland forum is also full of teenagers or jambites as the largest forum of its kind here and this may be the major cause. This is why you shouldn't take some seriously and just pass your message across.
Re: Enough Of This Igbo And Yoruba War On Nairaland by kings09(m): 11:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
Very well said
seunmsg:
OP, you made lots of sense and I agree that we should stop the unhealthy tribalism on Nairaland. It is really unnecessary and unproductive. However, I disagree that the North is a common enemy because in reality, there is no much difference between the political elites from the North and South.

Our political elites are the common enemy of the masses. Unfortunately, they use us to fight their battle when they lose out in political battles. They use tribe and religion to divide us when they are seeking for political power and office and when they eventually get what they want, they benefit only themselves and their cronies and do nothing for the masses.

Buhari is the president today but trust me, an average northerner has not really benefited anything from his presidency. I am a Yoruba man from Ekiti and I have not benefited anything personally from Osinbajo's vice/acting presidency. So, we should try to put the blame squarely where it belongs. Our political elites are our problem and common enemy and not the North.
Re: Enough Of This Igbo And Yoruba War On Nairaland by blazingstar: 1:31am On Jun 11, 2017
MoodysMood:
This is the best post I've read here today. Worthy of fp in my opinion.

seconded

This forum seems to be promoting more division under the guise of freedom of speech..

the mods need to do more
Re: Enough Of This Igbo And Yoruba War On Nairaland by baby124: 1:52am On Jun 11, 2017
You won't grow until your stop seeing everyone as your enemy OP. Stop trying to tell Yoruba's what to do, who to hate, and who to fight. Leave us out of this please and focus on Nnamdi Kanu and the northerners that are making you so angry. No Yoruba person has come out to say a word. At least none with any worth in the tribe. So just leave us out of it. Igbo's have been advocating for Biafra, they have been given the opportunity. If you are sincere you will grab it. Why do you need Yoruba's to hide under? Are you a coward? Do you even know what the Yoruba political agenda is? It certainly has nothing to do with a scenario like Biafra. So till the world ends, they won't get involved. Advocate for regionalism which has always been our stand and we may support you.
Re: Enough Of This Igbo And Yoruba War On Nairaland by greymiles: 2:15am On Jun 11, 2017
MoodysMood:
This is the best post I've read here today. Worthy of fp in my opinion.
Fp for were.
Na munu mods full here
Re: Enough Of This Igbo And Yoruba War On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:23am On Jun 11, 2017
Ibos and Yorubas that actually has a job don't go around fighting online. The ones you see fighting each are under 18 and the few that are above 18 has no jobs.
Re: Enough Of This Igbo And Yoruba War On Nairaland by chiagozien(m): 2:25am On Jun 11, 2017
if you are not with us you are against us.enjoy your one nigeria with yoruba and hausa.
Re: Enough Of This Igbo And Yoruba War On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:33am On Jun 11, 2017
Another Eboe unity beggar. I beg get Biafuro right now!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Yet To Attend Any Public Function Since Return / 102.1 FM : Radio Biafra Pirate Station Takes Over Anambra / Nnamdi Kanu Is Dead, Kiss The Truth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.