Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,147 members, 7,835,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Iphone 5 Front Glass Panel Separating/lifting Away From Body? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 5 Front Glass Panel Separating/lifting Away From Body? (1206 Views)

My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked / How Much Does It Cost To Change My Samsung S7 Edge Front Glass / Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 5 Front Glass Panel Separating/lifting Away From Body? by edwardadex23(m): 10:02pm On Jun 10, 2017
Very oddly, on my iPhone 5, I noticed the entire front panel/glass/LCD/digitizer assembly is separating or detaching from the body at the top.

It appears to be otherwise intact. It is still functional with no problems whatsoever.

I have never dropped the device and never has it fallen off.

There is approximately a 1-2mm visible gap between the bottom of the glass panel and the top of the metal surrounding strip.

Pushing the panel back into the body causes the panel to flex a little, but it does not stay in place unless you hold it and the moment I removed my hand it opens up again.Can it be glued back at computer village without any damage?

Any ideas about what happened and how it might be possible to fix it? Please help!
Re: Iphone 5 Front Glass Panel Separating/lifting Away From Body? by raker300: 10:44pm On Jun 10, 2017
If it has been fixed before, it means the person that did it before did a terrible job.

Take the phone to a certified professional
Re: Iphone 5 Front Glass Panel Separating/lifting Away From Body? by sarutobie(m): 11:26pm On Jun 10, 2017
I have the EXACT SAME issue! It's annoying to look at even though it doesn't affect the functionality of the phone..
Re: Iphone 5 Front Glass Panel Separating/lifting Away From Body? by edwardadex23(m): 11:38pm On Jun 10, 2017
sarutobie:
I have the EXACT SAME issue! It's annoying to look at even though it doesn't affect the functionality of the phone..
sarutobie:

Yes i understand,have you ever tried taking it to someone to fix it?I am actually scared of taking it to computer village to fix it so as not to cause any further damage to it.It works fine though but my mind is always at that opening whenever i use the phone.
Re: Iphone 5 Front Glass Panel Separating/lifting Away From Body? by sarutobie(m): 1:27am On Jun 11, 2017
edwardadex23:

Yes i understand,have you ever tried taking it to someone to fix it?I am actually scared of taking it to computer village to fix it so as not to cause any further damage to it.It works fine though but my mind is always at that opening whenever i use the phone.
I also have the same fear..I'm currently working in umuahia though..they have good phone technicians here too but I am still skeptical..I am considering buying a casing that will cover the ugly gap..during the daytime, it is barely noticeable but at night or in a dark area it shines forth light from the screen.
Re: Iphone 5 Front Glass Panel Separating/lifting Away From Body? by edwardadex23(m): 8:05am On Jun 11, 2017
sarutobie:

I also have the same fear..I'm currently working in umuahia though..they have good phone technicians here too but I am still skeptical..I am considering buying a casing that will cover the ugly gap..during the daytime, it is barely noticeable but at night or in a dark area it shines forth light from the screen.

Do you really think buying a casing would cover it? No i don't think so and i think the way it opens up is rather kind of dangerous because if water or dew accidentally drops in the phone then it's very dangerous so the best bet is just to repair it.If it weren't dangerous then Apple would have just done it that way.I have watched video clips on youtube there is a particular gum they use in doing that but note that's is if your battery is not swelled on the inside then forcing the screen to shoot out that could be the cause if the gum isn't weak.If your battery is swelled in the inside then you probably have to change your battery (As for me i have confirmed my battery is still good and not worn out by downloading the battery life App from App store.I am thinking of going to computer village to have the screen fixed but i am still skeptical and scared of them damaging my phone.It makes me nervous.
Re: Iphone 5 Front Glass Panel Separating/lifting Away From Body? by sarutobie(m): 11:34am On Jun 11, 2017
edwardadex23:

Do you really think buying a casing would cover it? No i don't think so and i think the way it opens up is rather kind of dangerous because if water or dew accidentally drops in the phone then it's very dangerous so the best bet is just to repair it.If it weren't dangerous then Apple would have just done it that way.I have watched video clips on youtube there is a particular gum they use in doing that but note that's is if your battery is not swelled on the inside then forcing the screen to shoot out that could be the cause if the gum isn't weak.If your battery is swelled in the inside then you probably have to change your battery (As for me i have confirmed my battery is still good and not worn out by downloading the battery life App from App store.I am thinking of going to computer village to have the screen fixed but i am still skeptical and scared of them damaging my phone.It makes me nervous.
Take a leap of faith bro lol..
Re: Iphone 5 Front Glass Panel Separating/lifting Away From Body? by sarutobie(m): 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2017
edwardadex23:

There was this casing I was using till I mistakenly spoilt it..it covers a good part of the phone's front and also the back(obviously)..but I could only find it in Aba..I will look for it when next I visit the city.
Re: Iphone 5 Front Glass Panel Separating/lifting Away From Body? by edwardadex23(m): 12:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
sarutobie:

There was this casing I was using till I mistakenly spoilt it..it covers a good part of the phone's front and also the back(obviously)..but I could only find it in Aba..I will look for it when next I visit the city.

From what I read online it's quite dangerous if you don't know if the swelling is caused by a bad battery and yes if you continue using it that way it will sure open up more and more till it gets bad totally.Its not advisable to continue using it that way best thing is to fix it.The worst is that it could be a swell battery and when I checked online iPhone5 battery is just around #3,000 - #4,000.What if accidentally rain or moisture drop in the opener part what do you think will happen?
Re: Iphone 5 Front Glass Panel Separating/lifting Away From Body? by sarutobie(m): 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2017
edwardadex23:

From what I read online it's quite dangerous if you don't know if the swelling is caused by a bad battery and yes if you continue using it that way it will sure open up more and more till it gets bad totally.Its not advisable to continue using it that way best thing is to fix it.The worst is that it could be a swell battery and when I checked online iPhone5 battery is just around #3,000 - #4,000.What if accidentally rain or moisture drop in the opener part what do you think will happen?
I understand shaa..so the best course of action is to take it to a technician then?
Re: Iphone 5 Front Glass Panel Separating/lifting Away From Body? by sarutobie(m): 3:11pm On Jun 11, 2017
edwardadex23:

So I did a quick search on Google and it seems like you're right..mist people who have the same issue say it is caused by swelling of the battery..I wonder though cause my battery works just fine..I guess...will take it to the technician tomorrow to get a look at it, probably replace the battery if necessary.
Re: Iphone 5 Front Glass Panel Separating/lifting Away From Body? by edwardadex23(m): 7:04pm On Jun 13, 2017
sarutobie:

So I did a quick search on Google and it seems like you're right..mist people who have the same issue say it is caused by swelling of the battery..I wonder though cause my battery works just fine..I guess...will take it to the technician tomorrow to get a look at it, probably replace the battery if necessary.

Have you taken it to the phone technician? Kindly let me know please.
Re: Iphone 5 Front Glass Panel Separating/lifting Away From Body? by ColeworldMD(m): 7:31pm On Jun 13, 2017
edwardadex23:
Very oddly, on my iPhone 5, I noticed the entire front panel/glass/LCD/digitizer assembly is separating or detaching from the body at the top.
Any ideas about what happened and how it might be possible to fix it? Please help!
most likely u're not using original charger & ur battery is swollen hence pushing the screen up. The solution is to buy a new battery & replace. Same thing happened to me. Cheers!
Re: Iphone 5 Front Glass Panel Separating/lifting Away From Body? by sarutobie(m): 7:38pm On Jun 13, 2017
edwardadex23:

Have you taken it to the phone technician? Kindly let me know please.
Yes I have, and the diagnosis was spot on..a swollen battery..got if replaced and my phone is back to normal..with a noticeably longer lasting battery.
Re: Iphone 5 Front Glass Panel Separating/lifting Away From Body? by edwardadex23(m): 12:14am On Jun 14, 2017
sarutobie:

Yes I have, and the diagnosis was spot on..a swollen battery..got if replaced and my phone is back to normal..with a noticeably longer lasting battery.

Please can i have your phone number so i can ask some questions? Thanks
Re: Iphone 5 Front Glass Panel Separating/lifting Away From Body? by edwardadex23(m): 12:16am On Jun 14, 2017
ColeworldMD:
most likely u're not using original charger & ur battery is swollen hence pushing the screen up. The solution is to buy a new battery & replace. Same thing happened to me. Cheers!

Please can i have your phone number so i can ask some questions, perhaps direct me to the engineer that helped you repair yours? I am skeptical about those engineers damaging my phone or going home with another fault.... Thanks
Re: Iphone 5 Front Glass Panel Separating/lifting Away From Body? by sarutobie(m): 5:28am On Jun 14, 2017
edwardadex23:

Please can i have your phone number so i can ask some questions? Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Guys Check Dis Out U Get $10 Dollars For Each Sign Up / Cheap 9mobile Data Subcription / Facebook Will Train 50,000 Nigerians In Digital Skills Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.