Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,681 members, 7,831,115 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k (40554 Views)

Adeyinka Grandson Arrested In London. Kayode Ogundamisi Reacts / Summary Of Nnamdi Kanu's World Address By Kayode Ogundamisi / See What Kayode Ogundamisi Said About Sen. Bukola Sarki That Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by Jidefido(m): 4:38pm On Jun 11, 2017
myplaydiary:
Nice gesture, however I am more interested in what the Nigerian police force and Zenith bank did for the family of the gallant police officer.

According to the wife, they only helped to bury him. Zenith paid the burial expenses while Police did the burial in police style and that's all. No other compensation

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by jjjjj2017: 4:38pm On Jun 11, 2017
HungerBAD:
[s]Moderators to contact me privately if any info on this man's family is obtained.

Thanks[/s].
CONTACT PUNCH/BANK/NPF!

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by DAramis: 4:38pm On Jun 11, 2017
HungerBAD:

Nah.

That will be the death of me as everybody will start bombarding me for money.

Learned my lesson from Nairaland from the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3405889/toke-makinwa-agrees-give-n10k/5#50195326

I was suppose to give out a 100k plus on that thread, but as at Tuesday last week it had gone past the ONE MILLION MARK with the odd 30k and 40k for help here and there.

But after my experience last week, the Nairaland door has been shut.

And moreover, the facebook thing is risky as it carries my personal info, as compared to Nairaland that i am anonymous, and even the Nairalanders that were beneficiaries from me received money directly from one of my Lawyers.

Sir,

Check out this thread. I think it will give you a heads up with the information you seek.

https://www.nairaland.com/3853684/brave-policemans-son-slumps-dies

3 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by guyla: 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2017
delishpot:

Very true. I thought about the fact that people may put two and two together and link it back to you. Lets hooe someone who knows how to reach him will respond.
On a very serious note, someone has got to hold the Nigerian police force accountable to contact his family,
It is no longer funny that the Nigerian police does not have his personal details

4 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 11, 2017
PokeTotoBoy:

Dude... if u want to understand being shot at close range, watch the video and see how bullets from aimed Guns were flying all over the place with no one shot. You will now call it odeshi. From the distance of the shooter, chances are very slim. They have turned this as a drive to raise money for his family

He was hit when he made a run for it... but on the floor he was not hit and he even returned fire as the guy shooting had to retreat. To kill someone on the floor using an ak47, u got to stand over the person. I know this for certain cos i have friends with training
Maybe its Odeshi at play o cos the driver's attitude was so Confident
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 11, 2017
Krak:
So they had sense to put him in witness protection,
but not enough sense to help his family dying of hunger. Just listen to yours self.
Believe mainstream media at your peril. Yesterday, the police said they had no records of him... today punch cooked up a concorted story and still hid his image. This is the last u will hear of this family.

He might still be recuperating and once his abode is arranged his family would go join him. This punch exclusive is just to kill people's curiosity and raise money for police
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by Ifeanyi4491(m): 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2017
Lets this be a challenge to our goverments
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 11, 2017
Nma27:
Maybe its Odeshi at play o cos the driver's attitude was so Confident

Wrong again, when the driver came out, his mates were already suppressing the fire from the security post (which would have stopped when the car moved further ahead). The other robber was flanking and sustaining fire. So he could come out of the car and cover his role (the flanking robbers role) in the operation which was to acost the gang leader get the money from the trailed victim.

The flanking robbers mistake was thinking all in the room had been gunned down, to hos dismay.., which shows another good strategy from the gallant officer by playing dead.

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by ignis: 4:50pm On Jun 11, 2017
Zenith Bank and NPF, oya shake body.

We are waiting.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by claremont(m): 4:51pm On Jun 11, 2017
HungerBAD:
Moderators to contact me privately if any info on this man's family is obtained.

Thanks.

No need for the moderators to contact you. This is the gofundme page opened by The Punch for the dead man's family, go and make your donations there.
https://www.gofundme.com/honour-sergeant-chukwudi-iboko
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by pek(m): 4:51pm On Jun 11, 2017
I have watched that clip. It is very easy to identify those hoodlums.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by vintage01: 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2017
PokeTotoBoy:

Wrong again, when the driver came out, his mates were already suppressing the fire from the security post (which would have stopped when the car moved further ahead). The other robber was flanking and sustaining fire. So he could come out of the car and cover his role (the flanking robbers role) in the operation which was to acost the gang leader get the money from the trailed victim.

The flanking robbers mistake was thinking all in the room had been gunned down, to hos dismay.., which shows another good strategy from the gallant officer by playing dead.

You have been watching too much movies. Hear yourself...witness protection in Nigeria? Truth is that dude became vulnerable when he made a run...he did it on impulse and to escape being cornered in that gate house. Most likely he was hit and he's dead as reported by Punch.

I have a token for the family as well, dude died in active duty and I am certain the NPF will abandon his family like they have done to a lot of families before this one.

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 11, 2017
I believe its the robbers that watched too much movies brah.... i am talking from a very practical point of view. Every armed gang overload their brains with gun fights or some other fortifications b4 an operation. They were amateurs because they failed at the basics. No seasoned robber goes for an operation without a mask or some form of camoflage.

I will draw attention to the robbery in lagos where people thot the leader of the gang was a female, when it was actually a camouflage
baslone:

Too much movie!!!!

They were no amateur, that was very obvious in the way they carried themselves with so much confidence.

It was basically an operation gone wrong. It was obvious they actually trailed the victim riding in the blue Honda probably with the intention of flagging down the car and leaving with their loot without any form of resistance.

The decision to enter the guy in the bank was definitely made on impulse thus making them vulnerable to gun battle with the security men.

If they had plans for the bank, the operation wouldnt have lasted for 2minutes- they would have gone inside the bank, robbed them, kill more people and confidently leave without leaving their dead colleague behind.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2017
PokeTotoBoy:

So he played possum and gunned one down. I saw one in white shirt run towards d camera and out of sight, seems they killed that one. God will never allow me experience this kinda action o
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by holuphisayor(m): 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2017
claremont:

No need for the moderators to contact you. This is the gofundme page opened by The Punch for the dead man's family, go and make your donations there.
how are we sure punch newspaper initiated this crowd funding campaign?

I don't trust Nigerians. as anyone could do this n run away with the fund.

can't find this on punch website definitely something fishy...I smell scam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by hoover420: 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2017
I wonder why the public are raising money for him. Isn't it the same police force that kill citizens on mere suspicion of being a yahoo boy or cultists?
What about the people that have been hit by stray bullets from the police?
Those ones no get head abi... If the police & the bank can't help them out, that's their cup of tea. I will never give a dime to the police cause. They've done more harm than good to the citizens. He died in line of duty & everyone is sympathizing angry
What about the soldiers that face boko haram daily, aren't they gallant or is because their operations are not recorded on tape?
Nigerians and misplaced priorities.. angry
PITY MY ASS!

2 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by jjjjj2017: 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
holuphisayor:

you are right but the website have been in existence for many years besides the domain expire by 2022. Above all, anybody who intend to assist the family should mail punch to verify & I just did.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by osram(m): 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
HungerBAD:

Nah.

I was suppose to give out a 100k plus on that thread, but as at Tuesday last week it had gone past the ONE MILLION MARK with the odd 30k and 40k for help here and there.

And moreover, the facebook thing is risky as it carries my personal info, as compared to Nairaland that i am anonymous, and even the Nairalanders that were beneficiaries from me received money directly from one of my Lawyers.

boss good evening sir...m a student nd I need assistance also....anything is ok by me#pls don't shut d door on me save dz last soul
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by ibietela2(m): 5:11pm On Jun 11, 2017
HungerBAD:

Nah.

Now i know
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by claremont(m): 5:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
holuphisayor:

I have checked the link before posting it. You can confirm from The Punch Newspapers and Kayode Ogundamisi yourself. https://twitter.com/MobilePunch
https://twitter.com/ogundamisi?lang=en

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 11, 2017
AntiWailer:
Ok

I would have gladly pledged 100k or more but I think we should pressurize Zenith Bank to do the right thing instead.

That guy died protecting their bank. They should wake up to their responsibilities.

Absolutely.

I would rather continue to give my monies to truly disfranchised children in Nigeria who lost parents in freak accidents unrelated to corporate entities.

But it's not my place to tell others how to spend their money.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by Gh0stFreak: 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
HungerBAD:
Moderators to contact me privately if any info on this man's family is obtained.

Thanks.

Make sure you donate nothing less than $10,000
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by holuphisayor(m): 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2017
jjjjj2017:
you are right but the website have been in existence for many years besides the domain expire by 2022. Above all, anybody who intend to assist the family should mail punch to verify & I just did.
it is not about the website.
I'm familiar with gofundme.
my point is a Nigerian can initiate this to scam .

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2017
And there this one goes again, calling on the movies. Well on that ground u definitely watch too much movie. But as a standard, all security forces on earth, be it military, para military or police follow the same principles. The difference between them is in implementation. For instance, the police force might not appply witness protection on u or i, but for one of their comrade in arm involved in a high profile case as this, they certainly will.

Secondly, NPF does not abandon family of its fallen comrades. Believe me they are well insured... not well paid, but well insured.
vintage01:

You have been watching too much movies. Hear yourself...witness protection in Nigeria? Truth is that dude became vulnerable when he made a run...he did it on impulse and to escape being cornered in that gate house. Most likely he was hit and he's dead as reported by Punch.

I have a token for the family as well, dude died in active duty and I am certain the NPF will abandon his family like they have done to a lot of families before this one.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by holuphisayor(m): 5:26pm On Jun 11, 2017
claremont:

I have checked the link before posting it. You can confirm from The Punch Newspapers and Kayode Ogundamisi yourself. https://twitter.com/MobilePunch
https://twitter.com/ogundamisi?lang=en

seen
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by Ayohbk(m): 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2017
PokeTotoBoy:
I believe its the robbers that watched too much movies brah.... i am talking from a very practical point of view. Every armed gang overload their brains with gun fights or some other fortifications b4 an operation. They were amateurs because they failed at the basics. No seasoned robber goes for an operation without a mask or some form of camoflage.

I will draw attention to the robbery in lagos where people thot the leader of the gang was a female, when it was actually a camouflage

Bros I dey suspect you ooo ... . You seem to have too much knowledge on robbery and shooting. Experience I guess?

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by yandevboy: 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2017
HungerBAD:

You know what?that is true.

Will reach out to the Bank via some people i know.

Make a Post and let the MODS push it to front page if you can get the authentic details of the late policeman's wife.

I will also like to contribute and I believe many others will too.

Nothing will be too small for her.

Nairaland, make it happen as part of CSR.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by jjjjj2017: 5:32pm On Jun 11, 2017
holuphisayor:

it is not about the website.
I'm familiar with gofundme.
my point is a Nigerian can initiate this to scam .
thats why I said that it will be better to inquire from punch
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2017
Story for another day
Ayohbk:

Bros I dey suspect you ooo ... . You seem to have too much knowledge on robbery and shooting. Experience I guess?
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by obinoral1179(m): 5:38pm On Jun 11, 2017
HungerBAD:

If any of the MODERATORS can verify the info and send it to me privately, i will instruct the amount i promised to be wired to them directly. My late Dad worked in one of the security agencies in Nigeria,and i can relate how it was for we the kids when he died.

This help to the late Policeman's family is personal for me.
I just read about the gofundme on punch, I think you can help out from there. Also a victim of this kind of situation. I just hope families member and friends of the late sergeant won't hijack the stuff.... Please keep on doing good cause its pays always.

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by jjjjj2017: 5:41pm On Jun 11, 2017
osram:
boss good evening sir...m a student nd I need assistance also....anything is ok by me#pls don't shut d door on me save dz last soul
think outside the box & stop begging for alms from a fellow man. its good to be a giver than a beggar

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Offers Family Of Police Killed In Owerri Bank Robbery 50k by farem: 5:44pm On Jun 11, 2017
myplaydiary:
You dey mad ni? Did you read the post you quoted? Or your ancestral curse of madness befell you today...

Omo iya alata, Awon smellos grin

The thing pain am! you always expose your real self in manner of writing
I like you, you are not an hypocrite '

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woe Unto You - Shekau Blasts Sheikh Gumi For Negotiating With Bandits / Photos of Many Unseen Projects By Yahaya Bello in Kogi / Police Recapture Kuje Prison Escapee, Musa Abdulkarim In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.