Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,358 members, 7,819,287 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

The 1966 Quit North Notice . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 1966 Quit North Notice . (850 Views)

How Major Chukwuma Nzeogwu Plotted The 1966 Coup / The Key Players Of The 1966 Rebellions-where Are They Today? (pictures) / Ado Bayero Saved Several Igbos During The 1966 Pogrom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 1966 Quit North Notice . by OVI75(m): 10:46pm On Jun 10, 2017
IGBO GO
(By Arewa 1966)

Written by Ogbuja Ogbu:

This was the Quit Order of 1966 before the birth of many many of us Ndigbo.

This Quit order was said to have been downplayed by the then Military Governor of the Northern Region in Kaduna, Col Usman Katsina assuring Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu the then Military Govnor of Eastern Region that there was no cause for alarm, Baa magana.

Today 51 years after, same scenario ,same Quit Notice same calmdown statement is being repeated and replayed by same actors (or descendants of same actors) as if we are watching award winning movie.

In 1966 while Ojukwu allowed and provided trains and trailers that evacuated Ndiawusa from Eastern Region back to the North, Ndigbo nay NdiEast (Nyanmiri) were lured into Emirs palaces and mosques for "protective custody" and therein they were all slaughtered.

Today again same history is exactly repeating itself and Governor El Rufai, Gov. Shettima, Chief Liar Muhammad, IGP says," Igbos should not bother", Igbo's should not panic that they are on top of the situation and have even ordered the "arrest" of the "nonentities".
Fullstop!
End of the Story!

48hrs after the Arrest Order was given no arrest has been made, nobody has been invited by the Police as if the "culprits" are ghosts who don't have addresses and identities. As if it was foreigners that opened the Arewa Gates and Halls for them to hold the (in)famous Conference tagged #Kaduna Declaration!

Ndigbo shine your eyes.
What killed your father, ... ero (mushroom)
What killed your mother, ... ero
What is that you are holding in your hands... ero
Tufiaakwa
Throw it away!
It's Aaru Abomination!

The Only unfortunate of history is Only those who refused to learn from history.

#END..............................

Igbos learn from history. If you refuse to learn from history and eventually fall for their trap, (God forbid) you committed suicide.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=428649954185571&id=100011217092005

2 Likes

Re: The 1966 Quit North Notice . by feelgoodInc: 10:50pm On Jun 10, 2017
This is super story, where fish drown and even die of tears.
Re: The 1966 Quit North Notice . by OVI75(m): 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2017
Feelgodinc I dnt Want to Quote u now,Wen ur Comment A Starts Making Sense I will Quote u
Re: The 1966 Quit North Notice . by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 10, 2017
History repeats itself because young People refused to pay attention to it. This whole saga is just the beginning of west Africa's chaos .

2 Likes

Re: The 1966 Quit North Notice . by saidutal(m): 11:07pm On Jun 10, 2017
Always negative post
Re: The 1966 Quit North Notice . by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 10, 2017
I will continue to say this, chaos helps no one. The average northerner like myself is known for peace, honesty and diligence. Every quarters should calm their nerves please.

Let's give peace a chance. The country is difficult for many people, but I believe with hope and hardwork, things might turn-around. Some of us have childhood friends that are ibos. We laugh together, cry together and celebrate together.

Peace is golden. Like a hausa proverb said, "zaman lafiya yafi zama dan sarki"(peace is better than being a son of a king)

I'm a northerner, and am known to be a peacemaker!!!

1 Like

Re: The 1966 Quit North Notice . by phorget(m): 11:23pm On Jun 10, 2017
1 king 12vs16
Re: The 1966 Quit North Notice . by NwaAmaikpe: 11:26pm On Jun 10, 2017
feelgoodInc:
This is super story, where fish drown and even die of tears.

This is super story, a life of strive and sorrow.
This is super story.........
When a fish drowns or even dies of thirst? It's a super story..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 1966 Quit North Notice . by Dycaptain(m): 11:28pm On Jun 10, 2017
I think the igbo's should calm themselves down, have they not done more damage than the Arewa boys already
Re: The 1966 Quit North Notice . by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 10, 2017
grin

The slaves are leaving at last.

1 Like

Re: The 1966 Quit North Notice . by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 10, 2017
Btw...drink to biafrog republeeque. I wish una well.

1 Like

Re: The 1966 Quit North Notice . by blazingstar: 1:13am On Jun 11, 2017
Pls let's give peace a chance..

Most people moving for war and secession are very inconsiderate and selfish. they aren't thinking of their brethren who have lived and fed their selves and family far away from home from they proceeds they made in another man's land

how do u want them to come back empty handed and start afresh?
Re: The 1966 Quit North Notice . by 1Rebel: 1:22am On Jun 11, 2017
elmagnifo:
I will continue to say this, chaos helps no one. The average northerner like myself is known for peace, honesty and diligence. Every quarters should calm their nerves please.

Let's give peace a chance. The country is difficult for many people, but I believe with hope and hardwork, things might turn-around. Some of us have childhood friends that are ibos. We laugh together, cry together and celebrate together.

Peace is golden. Like a hausa proverb said, "zaman lafiya yafi zama dan sarki"(peace is better than being a son of a king)

I'm a northerner, and am known to be a peacemaker!!!

The average northerner is known for peace?
What leave have you been smoking?
Re: The 1966 Quit North Notice . by Suntzung: 4:45am On Jun 11, 2017
MANDATE: 01/10/2017 2359 Hrs grin
Re: The 1966 Quit North Notice . by Crystolexy: 6:20am On Jun 11, 2017
Daalu nwannem!

(1) (Reply)

Rt. Hon Emeka Ihedioha Endorsed For 2019 Governorship Election / Tension:governor Obiano Smuggled Out Of Church As Ipob Chants "No Election" / No National ID Card, No International Passport In 2018 ―immigration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.