Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,765 members, 7,813,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

What Could Be Causing Reducing Of Water Level In The Car Cooling System? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Could Be Causing Reducing Of Water Level In The Car Cooling System? (1484 Views)

Sex In The Car And Its Consequences / Let discus overheating And general radiator cooling system ! / water level steady but coolant level drops. why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Be Causing Reducing Of Water Level In The Car Cooling System? by SamAfoo: 11:05pm On Jun 10, 2017
I have a 2.4L Toyota Rav 4, 2006 Edition. I started to notice since Tuesday that my car cooling system was faulty and the problem is that each time I topped the water in the reservoir, it will go down to the bottom of the reservoir at fifteen (15) km distance and there is no leakage anywhere outside the engine. The radiator ha's been steam-washed at carwash and the problem still persists. Please what could be causing this problem? Your help to this problem will be appreciated.
Re: What Could Be Causing Reducing Of Water Level In The Car Cooling System? by makavele: 12:59am On Jun 11, 2017
car is burning. coolant

failed head gasket

i,e, if u r very sure of zero leaks
Re: What Could Be Causing Reducing Of Water Level In The Car Cooling System? by honmusa(m): 6:05am On Jun 11, 2017
SamAfoo:
I have a 2.4L Toyota Rav 4, 2006 Edition. I started to notice since Tuesday that my car cooling system was faulty and the problem is that each time I topped the water in the reservoir, it will go down to the bottom of the reservoir at fifteen (15) km distance and there is no leakage anywhere outside the engine. The radiator ha's been steam-washed at carwash and the problem still persists. Please what could be causing this problem? Your help to this problem will be appreciated.
If the issue persists after changing the radiator cap to a better one ,go for Cooling system pressure check.

1 Like

Re: What Could Be Causing Reducing Of Water Level In The Car Cooling System? by mili3kid(m): 7:24pm On Jun 11, 2017
honmusa:

If the issue persists after changing the radiator cap to a better one ,go for Cooling system pressure check.
kindly educate on this pls. once U get d oressure reading watelse? wat do U do? just wanna learn ooo
Re: What Could Be Causing Reducing Of Water Level In The Car Cooling System? by honmusa(m): 8:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
mili3kid:

kindly educate on this pls. once U get d oressure reading watelse? wat do U do? just wanna learn ooo
A cooling system is designed to operate at much higher pressure to prevent the coolant from boiling at lower temperature .Also ,high pressure will help in more effectiveness in cooling system ability to remove heat .
However , Bad Radiator cap and leak in the cooling system will lower the pressure in thus making the coolant to boil at lower temperature and overheating will occur due to this .
The essence of cooling system pressure test is to check the integrity of the cooling system for any hidden leak and also to confirm how good the radiator cap is .
In using the equipment ,the kit is used to pressurised the whole system and any hidden leak wil clearly show as coolant will be dripping from the leak .
The solution is to fix the leak and the effectiveness of fix applied can be further comfirmed by performing the test again .
Below is pix of a pump kit for performing the diagnosis.

1 Like

Re: What Could Be Causing Reducing Of Water Level In The Car Cooling System? by gly2ken: 9:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
SamAfoo:

I have the same kind of car and just experiencing the same thing. However, the leakage in the radiator has being detected and sealed. Let them check well the radiator is leaking some where.
Re: What Could Be Causing Reducing Of Water Level In The Car Cooling System? by kingboy(m): 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
I have a similar issues with my xc90. I have to pour leak seal into the the radiator reservoir container......it was magical, I do not open my bonnet everyday again.
Re: What Could Be Causing Reducing Of Water Level In The Car Cooling System? by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 12, 2017
kingboy:
I have a similar issues with my xc90. I have to pour leak seal into the the radiator reservoir container......it was magical, I do not open my bonnet everyday again.

This is the worst solution you could have applied angry

Others with issue, I recommend that you don't use snake oil solutions.
Re: What Could Be Causing Reducing Of Water Level In The Car Cooling System? by mili3kid(m): 11:45am On Jun 12, 2017
honmusa:

A cooling system is designed to operate at much higher pressure to prevent the coolant from boiling at lower temperature .Also ,high pressure will help in more effectiveness in cooling system ability to remove heat .
However , Bad Radiator cap and leak in the cooling system will lower the pressure in thus making the coolant to boil at lower temperature and overheating will occur due to this .
The essence of cooling system pressure test is to check the integrity of the cooling system for any hidden leak and also to confirm how good the radiator cap is .
In using the equipment ,the kit is used to pressurised the whole system and any hidden leak wil clearly show as coolant will be dripping from the leak .
The solution is to fix the leak and the effectiveness of fix applied can be further comfirmed by performing the test again .
Below is pix of a pump kit for performing the diagnosis.
wow! now v learnt smtin. tnx for dt bro
Re: What Could Be Causing Reducing Of Water Level In The Car Cooling System? by captainking(m): 8:07pm On Jun 12, 2017
honmusa:

the master has arrived.. It remains baba na baba. Gazzuzz.. Heheeh grin

(1) (Reply)

My New Lagos Experience / Lexus RX 350 2008 Model For Sale. / Checkout This Amazing Tricycle Made In Anambra State That Will Replace Okada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.