Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos (4595 Views)

Protest In Abuja For The Expulsion Of Saeed-Koozechi Iranian Ambassador / Mass Protest Likely In Kano As Litre Of Fuel Sells For N1,000 / Mass Protest Against Oshiomhole Administration Rocks Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by ocholios: 1:04pm On Jan 22, 2010
Nigerian are tired of having a ship without a captin. Nigeria is the only country in the world without a president(head of government) !!! What a shame. Though PDP said he's been discharged from the hospital? God help Nigeria. lipsrsealed
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 22, 2010
nice:: look @ people

Naija Stand up

[img]http://saharareporters.com/photonews.html?func=detail&id=1293[/img]
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by cecegorz(m): 1:20pm On Jan 22, 2010
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if Y'ardua has ever heard a single news item about what is happening whether in Nigeria or globally since he left the country.

I strongly believe that his minders only keeps telling him that Nigerians are praying for him and will want him to come back 'whenever' he is fully fit.

You know how it is, a man of such degree of sickness needs to be kept as far away from a distressing news as possible. Even in the audio clip BBC aired, the only issue the man commented on is the  Super eagles ANC campaign, which is apparently the last news he heard when he was 'alive'.
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by slap1(m): 1:25pm On Jan 22, 2010
Can this protest have a large turn out if it is staged in Katsina?
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by jimmysho(m): 1:31pm On Jan 22, 2010
it is coming to kaduna any moment from now. will be there live
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by ochukoccna: 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2010
monkeyleg:

A big Gbosa to everyone that supported or attended this march. God is alive. We are all marching in the right direction.
I am a bit disappointed that non of the opposition leaders where in attendance.
Where is Buhari? he was shouting foul during the last election, even Atiku no show. Opposition leaders are known to challenge the ruling party when things are not going right, but I Nigeria, they choose to keep quiet. And during they want us to vote for them
R U still day dreaming about this men to help us out?
Buhari is a ethnic Islamic bigot while Atiku is a crooked corrupt combo of a politrickcian & businessman.
They are contributed big time to the rot presently called 9ja.
It's time for new leaders 2 lead us.
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by beknown(m): 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2010
This is a welcomed action in Lagos.

About 3,000 people marched through Lagos on Thursday ,

Lagos has millions of Nigerians and only about 3,000 people marched in support of the Save Nigeria protest.

That is a very poor result for a populous state like Lagos. What a shame!
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by 1forall: 1:53pm On Jan 22, 2010
Were you at the London protest last week?
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by Wrex(m): 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2010
Nice one, cheesy cheesy
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by miqos02(m): 2:02pm On Jan 22, 2010
gbenga d comedian also protested

Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by methodyk: 2:19pm On Jan 22, 2010
All the ''arms'' of this Govt has failed even the judiciary 'cos its based on a confusing and not-strai't-frwd constitution, all 'cos of selfish interests. Can u imagine a member the Govt on BBC defending a failed system, We all need to turn to God 'cos HE only can get us out of this mess, ''PRAY NIGERIANS FOR LIBERATION''
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by beknown(m): 2:30pm On Jan 22, 2010
1forall:

Were you at the London protest last week?

Apart from taking part in the protest, I mobilised other people to take part.

That is my civic right.

Fear is not in my dictionary.
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by annie7(m): 2:32pm On Jan 22, 2010
THAT;'S A BIG MASS TURNOUT OF PPL. THTA'S IS WHY I ALWAYS RESPECT LAGOS FOR ANYTING.THE CROWD IN LAGOS FOR THE PROTST DOUBLE THE ONE ORGANIZED IN ABJ BY WOLE SOYINKA.
WE THANK GOD IS VIOLENT FREE PROTEST.WE ARE MOVING FORWAR WITH THAT .
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by annie7(m): 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2010
gbenga adeyinka you be man wey sabi: kudos to d ppl in dat protest
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by ayo84(m): 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2010
lagos no dey carry last, always ready to stand for their rights, eko oni baje oh!

when will the south east and the middle belt do their own
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by Marymos: 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2010
Is quite unfortunate that issue of this magnitude the only thing some people can comment on is t-shirt and profit making.What a shame.Now to the main issue,the protesters did a very nice job.At least the whole world will now know that Nigerians are not happy.I agree with what MAXTOP said.Similar protest should be carry out in all the state.Is hard time will come out from our comfort zone.Nigeria has been hijacked by some group of people in the name of democracy.The present happening serve as a good ground for other political parties to criticize PDP and to make such they enlighten Nigerians why nobody should vote for PDP in the next election.I wonder what they are doing.
The Judiciary has really failed the country.Almost everything in the country is about to collapse.God help Nigeria.
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by annie7(m): 3:14pm On Jan 22, 2010
when east and middle belt are doing thier own protest,. i beg north should not stage a protest, anyway is thier brother and they can turn it 2 religious thing, i beg make dem no join oooo
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by honeric01(m): 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2010
Didn't know when this happen, didn't even see it on the news, i think i need to start watching local channels oo embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by miqos02(m): 3:38pm On Jan 22, 2010
more pics

Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by nnalue: 3:58pm On Jan 22, 2010
can this protest yield result? in short, nigerians are too quiet. i prayed 4 peace in dis country,but its like the peace i was praying for will come wen everybody will stay in his/her house and rule his house. i no u understand me 100%. let us call it OFF. ''to ur tents oh israel''. let us look and see that God has given us peace.  cool smiley lipsrsealed

peter
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by beeke(m): 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2010
@Ayo84

South East ko South East ni' my fellow nigerians i just wanna say to yall in wise word of Dim Ojukwu GOOOOOD MORNING this is exactly why Biafra went to war with the {HAUSA}northern nigerian than ojukwu was called so many names lets be realistic so long as the hausa's hold on to power am very sorry to say that nigerians and nigeria as a nation will know no peace let stop beating around the bush becos water and oil can not stay together simple let d AREWAS GO ODUDUA GO BIAFRANS GO and if the NIGER DELTA wont join THE GREAT BIAFRANS let them go too SHIKENA
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by Akanbiedu(m): 4:30pm On Jan 22, 2010
[quote
]A big Gbosa to everyone that supported or attended this march. God is alive. We are all marching in the right direction.
I am a bit disappointed that non of the opposition leaders where in attendance.
Where is Buhari? he was shouting foul during the last election, even Atiku no show. Opposition leaders are known to challenge the ruling party when things are not going right, but I Nigeria, they choose to keep quiet. And during they want us to vote for them[quote][/quote]

The politicians know what they are fighting for, you don't. I bet the opposition prefers Yar'adua to Jonathan or any other PDP hawk for that matter. The successes they(opposition) recorded under Yar'adua may not be possible under many PDP president.
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by bandely(m): 4:37pm On Jan 22, 2010
Good work!

"Offshore President"  shocked shocked shocked  grin grin grin grin
"IBB stop crying, Dele Giwa mom also cried"  shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 4:39pm On Jan 22, 2010
Na now i know that people want change.
Good job guys
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by 700john: 5:37pm On Jan 22, 2010
the end i s here!
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by ReachRich(m): 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2010
Congrats 9ja for speaking out against injustice.This is the only language our leaders understand.We shld learn to use it more.
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by suxes2005(m): 6:13pm On Jan 22, 2010
yeah

let them fish out our missing president

we dont want offshore ruling again,

SHALOM
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by Obinoscopy(m): 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2010
Posterity will neva forgive our house of assembly members if they fail to do the right thing
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by christ001: 6:33pm On Jan 22, 2010
Good move.
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by alex406(m): 6:35pm On Jan 22, 2010
nice development.
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by kweenchi(f): 6:51pm On Jan 22, 2010
Yes!! Finaly, This is the Nigeria I like, they should continue this movement, really.
Re: Anti-Yar'Adua Mass Protest In Lagos by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 22, 2010
nice development, this is what im talking about,

Nigerians stand up!

Nigerians speak out!

Nigerians demonstrate and take what belongs to you from this old,wicked and myopic politicians

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village / Comditional Cash Transfer: 98% Of 1.1 Million Beneficiaries Are Women — Osinbajo / 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.