Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,835 members, 7,834,800 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Why Do Christians Raise Their Hand While Praying During Offering Time? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Raise Their Hand While Praying During Offering Time? (341 Views)

Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? / Big Pot Placed On A Pastor’s Head While Praying (Pictures) / Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Raise Their Hand While Praying During Offering Time? by klassykute(m): 8:13am On Jun 11, 2017
For one reason or the other, I'm still not clet why Believers raise their hands to the roof or to heaven while praying on their offering. I once thought it belongs to God and he is in heaven, Then i was told God lives in us all,

I'm on my way to church with an offering to be raised when praying but dont know why it is so.
Re: Why Do Christians Raise Their Hand While Praying During Offering Time? by thorpido(m): 8:28am On Jun 11, 2017
Psalm 134:2 says lift up your hands in the sanctuary and praise the Lord.

The word of God teaches us to do so.
Re: Why Do Christians Raise Their Hand While Praying During Offering Time? by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:50am On Jun 11, 2017
It is just a form of ritual.
Most religions assumes the gods live in the sky. Even Jesus is believed to have ascended into heaven.

Prayers have always been directed towards the sky. It was the believe of primitive men that the Gods live in the clouds.

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Bros, if you begin to ask genuine questions, and accept only sincere answers, you'll no longer be religious.

(1) (Reply)

God Is Good To Us.... By John Piper / Nigerian Girl Raised From The Dead In Enugu / Is It A Sin(haram In Islam)for A Married Woman To Laugh With Another Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.