Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Reasons I Will Hate Nigeria If I Wasn't Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons I Will Hate Nigeria If I Wasn't Nigerian (536 Views)

Why I Wasn't Surprised By Akpabio's Defection -Udom Emmanuel  (PUNCH) / Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" / Olusegun Obasanjo: I Had N20,000 In Account In 1999 Didn't Mean I Wasn't Wealthy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons I Will Hate Nigeria If I Wasn't Nigerian by babablogger: 10:00am On Jun 11, 2017

I read on Nairaland(a Nigerian Forum) some weeks back about an American blogger who wrote an article and listed reasons why he hated

Nigerians i have been able to look at Nigeria from the eyes of a foreigner and I know there is nothing to be proud of about being a

Nigerian except past glories.

Let’s take a study up from 20 years back then you should understand what i mean

(1)Internet Scam/fraud - It is without doubt Nigerians are ahead of all i listed above we are the giant of Africa economy wise but

also crime wise I’m sure you must see one internet fraudster 1 in 3000 Nigerians.

This has earned us a blacklist from most foreign dating sites. I had a foreign friend on facebook who was bothered I might just be

after his money since I was Nigerian. That's what we were known from all over the world i was embarrassed but I had to make him see

reasons.

We worship money in this country so everyone respects you as long as you have cash it's all about money, money, money. For example you

go to the market to buy a cup of garri which should be N350 but because of greed and to make more profit they end up selling it for

N500 to you, indirectly you have been scammed by the seller probably an uneducated market woman.

Have you sat down to think about why it's easier to defraud a foreigner than a Nigerian? It’s Because they trust each other and they

are not always trying to rip each other off.

(2)Nigerian Police/SARS- Anyone outside Nigeria does not need to be in the country to read about how the Nigerian police harass,

extort and maim innocent victims. I once had an issue with a particular division of the Nigerian police in Lagos, I had to part with

almost 30,000 Naira before I could be released. I had to bribe my way out Bribing the police is seen as a norm in Nigeria once you

have money you can get away with anything.

Not to forget the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) they should just be named killers Squad, they shoot or kill anyone without

thinking twice about it. If you get into their net you are never innocent, its either you will be called a gangster or they go all the

way to plant Marijuana on you which is illegal in the country.

I remember years back when the Inspector General of Police gave an order to dismantle road blocks, well the road blocks are still very

much visible even on federal highways.

I read on Nairaland yesterday about a man afraid to show up in a Nigerian police state headquarters, he reported a particular

policeman who extorted him. He was told to come and identify the officer but he was afraid he might end up being framed.

How can we be safe when the ones in charge of protecting our lives and properties are the one destroying our lives and stealing our

properties?

(3)Judiciary: I just don't know what to say about this, we have had lots of Nigerians been found innocent here and guilty when tried

in a foreign court.

In 2016 we had issues about judged being bribed how do you expect the common man to seek justice when he knows judgment can be bought

This on just weak me.

(4)The senate/HOR- I still wonder how someone you choose to represent you at the federal/states level only go there to represent their

pockets. We still have issues on how the senate keep stalling confirmation of appointees and passing of budget just to hold the

government at ransom.

Example is the current acting chairman of EFCC Ibrahim Magu whose confirmation was denied not because he wasn't capable but because he

was investigating the same sets of senators who are meant to confirm him.

We also have the senate president who is facing charges with the Code Of Conduct Bureau for false declaration of assets.

In a sane country he should have resigned or be impeached by the house but guess who followed him to trial our so called senators.

They had to postpone a sitting just to go to court with the senate president, to show solidarity. It is visible to the blind and

audible to the deaf that they only care about themselves and not the masses.

There are lots of examples I can give about how scandalous our Senators and our Reps, from Gogara to Melaye to the budget padding

brouhaha.

(5)Nigerians- I have never seen so much division in Unity. When the election comes, we prefer to vote for someone that shares the same

ethnicity with us, and not voting the best candidate, we are not racist but tribalism brews in our blood.

We have had ex public servant like the likes of Madueke, Ibori etc. who embezzled our Country's funds but instead of uniting against

them you hear statements like "she is been prosecuted because she is Igbo bla bla bla"

or when an elder statesman says “she is not the first to launder money so she should be left alone” SMH. How can one who embezzled

your state funds, served jail time in a foreign country because he stole your money, only for him to return and get the celebration of

a king.

So this brings me to Biafra, if or when it is achieved are we not bringing to taking the same attitude and mode of living there?

I’m certain there will be issues like don't vote him because he is and Anglican or Osu's cannot contest for or hold political offices.

I believe in one Nigeria we need to work more on improving ourselves and not seceding which I’m sure will only compound our problems.

I love my country Nigeria so Much but I fear what we might leave for the generation to come, it’s so annoying we celebrate corruption

and not condemn it. I can still remember how my father, told me stories of how Nigeria was and how the standard of living was great,

but now it’s all in the past.

If we Nigerians continue to turn a blind eye to everything, believe me we will drown in the flood of backwardness and all we might

say is

THERE WAS A GREAT COUNTRY

http://www.babasalami.com/2017/06/reasons-i-will-hate-nigeria-if-i-wasnt.html
Re: Reasons I Will Hate Nigeria If I Wasn't Nigerian by kolafolabi(m): 10:36am On Jun 11, 2017
It's a serious case..

2 Likes

Re: Reasons I Will Hate Nigeria If I Wasn't Nigerian by Ayoemrys(m): 10:42am On Jun 11, 2017
Uhn

Re: Reasons I Will Hate Nigeria If I Wasn't Nigerian by danemenike: 10:45am On Jun 11, 2017
Nice piece. What scares me most is the hatred between the Igbo and Yoruba on Nairaland, what's is the origin of such hatred, disaffection and detestation?
Re: Reasons I Will Hate Nigeria If I Wasn't Nigerian by babablogger: 2:02pm On Jun 11, 2017
Cc mynd44 seun lalastica
Re: Reasons I Will Hate Nigeria If I Wasn't Nigerian by Nina4u(f): 10:02pm On Jun 11, 2017
danemenike:
Nice piece. What scares me most is the hatred between the Igbo and Yoruba on Nairaland, what's is the origin of such hatred, disaffection and detestation?
I don't understand that eighter.. There is over 210 spoken languages and dialects in naija and the cultural diversity is amazing.. It should be celebrated.. I love ya all from Hausa to ibo to urhobo to Edo to Yoruba to ijaw to whatever tribe.. It is culturally inriching my world and curiosity and ya all are amazing cool
Re: Reasons I Will Hate Nigeria If I Wasn't Nigerian by toolstore123: 6:53pm On Jun 13, 2017
babablogger:

http://www.babasalami.com/TOOLSTORE UPDATE 13 JUNE 2017

ADDED MORE THAN 1500+ TOOLS IN STOCK!

Fresh cPanels
cPanel's varying from all types of server have been added to our shop.
Our cPanel's are worldwide and they are all tested manually before they are added on shop.
They are all working (domain is valid,upload is OK etc).
Â
Spamming Tools + RDP
Shells with upload and unzip
SMTP IP AND DOMAIN
RDP's from all kind of servers like 2012,2008,2003 and more.
Shopping and shipping accounts
Aliexpress, Alibaba, Ebay, Amazon, Uber, SouthWest etc...!!

Dating Sites Paid Accounts
eHarmony, Pof, Firstmet, Match, Mate1 Etc..!!

1. FRESH TOOLS

We only have the best quality and very fresh tools added on our store.

2. PRICES

Products at our store are the cheapest on the market.

3. SECURED

You can earn gifts every day based on your balance.

VISIT US AT: TOOLSTORE.CC

2017/06/reasons-i-will-hate-nigeria-if-i-wasnt.html

(1) (Reply)

You Need A Skill, Okowa's Aide Ossai Tells Delta Youths / Time For The National Assembly To Start Debating On President Buhari? / Why Osinbajo Didn’t Invite Nnamdi Kanu For His Meeting – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.