Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,827 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Why The Southeast Should Stop Claiming Marginalization - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Southeast Should Stop Claiming Marginalization (4724 Views)

It Will Be Unjust For The Southeast Not To Be Accommodated In The 9th Assembly! / I Am Just Imagining How The Southeast Would Deal With SW In 2023 / Stop Claiming Port-harcourt Terminal Project, PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Southeast Should Stop Claiming Marginalization by Kingspin(m): 5:38pm On Jun 13, 2017
maclatunji:

There's a proper way of doing this not through hate speech or sedition.
For how long have you been asking for good roads, electricity, better education etc so you expect people to ask forever? If this country is good it will be good for everybody that is what some people should realize. Nigerians are living in frustration and something extraordinary need to happen urgent because our leaders have lost their ears. I tell people that Nigerian are suffering too much and invain, go to other countries you will understand, Nigerians suffer for everything. We need real change. A better nation for all that is my call.
Re: Why The Southeast Should Stop Claiming Marginalization by prodigy24: 6:42pm On Jun 13, 2017
maclatunji:

Again a lack of grasp of issues. Among yourselves in the Southeast, how well have you governed yourselves?
WHY DO YOU LOTS WANT US ENGAGE IN YOUR OWN NARRATIVE? YOU DISMISS OUR STORY AND SUPERIMPOSE YOURS, AND YOU EXPECT US TO DISCUSS IT? WE ARE TALKING OF MARGINALIZATION, AND THAT IS OUR STORY..

1 Like

Re: Why The Southeast Should Stop Claiming Marginalization by maclatunji: 11:03pm On Jun 13, 2017
Crayola1:

Okay there was a coup. Why didn't the sophisticated fellows of Nigeria rally around and move past that? Igbo people are so powerful they managed to keep the rest of Nigeria firmly in 3rd world stays for 50+ years? Igbo people get power o.

You would think with the other two sophisticated ethnic groups on the case they would have made their respective regions heaven on earth!?

They didnt? SAD.

There was a negotiation it was trashed and the country was then plunged into war for 3 years. And since then there have been calls for restructuring and those various conferences where old men are paid to go take naps under the guise of "restructuring". So there has been plenty of negotiating? Where were you? Being sophisticated so much you forgot...I guess?

So why haven't the sophisticated people made critical decisions at those critical junctions in history?

Like the mindless egging on under Yardua where you guys literally had a corpse for commander in chief?

Or the mindless egging on that allowed OBJ to squander all they goodwill he had to literally make no sustainable impact on Nigeria other than padding his bank account?

On and on and on...

If they are so problematic, why are the two sophisticated regions just as crappy as the rest of Nigeria. You are transferring a lot of power to Igbo people, so much so they have the ability to negate your sophistication.

Which is clearly why super mega city Lagos still thinks open gutters constitute the highest level of sophistication.

Igbo people are the sole reason why Northern Nigeria has an infant/maternal mortality rate on par with Afghanistan (a country in the midst of a decades long insurgency/war).

Clean running water is a pretty basic part of infrastructure and yet the two sophisticated regions can't manage that!? It's the current noise that you should be squawking out of your sophisticated mouth to your sophisticated leaders in your sophisticated region.

But yet you consider political back bitting and cronyism that benefits the .001% of Nigerians as a sign of political savvy and skill. Which is why you brag that your leaders have the choicest positions while driving your car down a potholed road to your house that hasn't seen consistent power in 3 years. But you winning tho!

Will probably die in a hospital because lack of drugs and equipment, but my kinsman has been President 3 times!!!! Winning!!!! Sophistication b1tches!!!

Of course its yeye to you because you are simple man with simple thoughts. Sophistication for you is power, the end.

I don't have time to tag simpletons, go create your own thread to circle jerk and blow yourself over your sophistication.

Hahahahaahahahahaha, 'Igbos have not led in Nigeria is why we are in a mess' is your point in summary. The highly celebrated Dr. Ngozi Okonji Iweala was Minister of Finance and Coordinator of the economy under our richest period in history in terms of revenue.

Much good she did running the economy aground.

While you might not be capable of totally deciding the fate of the country on your own, your penchant as a people to be saboteurs will definitely have to be addressed as Nigeria continues to develop.

You seek to mock the development of other parts of Nigeria but you forget that Igbos keep trooping to these regions on a daily basis. For all your love of "municipal water' you still cannot resist heading to where you claim it doesn't exist. Are you parasitic by design?

You would argue against the notion but the facts on ground are plain to see.

The slightest suggestion of Igbos being evicted from these better sophisticated regions in terms of politics leaves you whining to the point of literally crawling to beg the likes of Professor Ango Abdullahi who might not be good with giving Municipal Water but is good at giving political naive tribesmen from the Southeast a lesson in political maneuvering even with deplorable tactics.

#LOL
Re: Why The Southeast Should Stop Claiming Marginalization by maclatunji: 11:06pm On Jun 13, 2017
prodigy24:
WHY DO YOU LOTS WANT US ENGAGE IN YOUR OWN NARRATIVE? YOU DISMISS OUR STORY AND SUPERIMPOSE YOURS, AND YOU EXPECT US TO DISCUSS IT? WE ARE TALKING OF MARGINALIZATION, AND THAT IS OUR STORY..

Nobody is saying you don't have a story that should be heard, just don't make it seem yours is the only one that exists in storyland.

Professor Chinua Achebes last book before passing was a huge disappointment and a case-in-point.
Re: Why The Southeast Should Stop Claiming Marginalization by aolawale025: 11:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
Truly the SE are marginalised. Has there been any reconstruction of the SE since the civil war? Compare the rush to rebuild the NE after their self-destruction
Re: Why The Southeast Should Stop Claiming Marginalization by Sweetguy25: 11:20pm On Jun 13, 2017
You were trying to sound smart and intelligent but in the end, you only attempted to unveil your ignorance.
Re: Why The Southeast Should Stop Claiming Marginalization by maclatunji: 8:36am On Jun 14, 2017
aolawale025:
Truly the SE are marginalised. Has there been any reconstruction of the SE since the civil war? Compare the rush to rebuild the NE after their self-destruction

Let us assume without conceding that this is true. Is it by bringing war on themselves that they will develop? The rest of the country is wise enough to know that while any war would likely lead to another Southeast defeat, it is in nobody's best interest.

However, Igbos allow a noisy minority drag them into trouble because it massages their pride. People like me are simply smashing that ego for them to come to their senses.
Re: Why The Southeast Should Stop Claiming Marginalization by maclatunji: 8:38am On Jun 14, 2017
Sweetguy25:
You were trying to sound smart and intelligent but in the end, you only attempted to unveil your ignorance.

I see, Oya 'smart guy' tell us what we should know. #Hehehehe
Re: Why The Southeast Should Stop Claiming Marginalization by maclatunji: 8:42am On Jun 14, 2017
Kingspin:
For how long have you been asking for good roads, electricity, better education etc so you expect people to ask forever? If this country is good it will be good for everybody that is what some people should realize. Nigerians are living in frustration and something extraordinary need to happen urgent because our leaders have lost their ears. I tell people that Nigerian are suffering too much and invain, go to other countries you will understand, Nigerians suffer for everything. We need real change. A better nation for all that is my call.

Formenting trouble will bring all of these?

I know Nigerians like to whine like nothing at all is improving but this is not true. What we need is to improve governance and that will not happen when saboteurs keep trying to blackmail us with primordial sentiments and victim mentality.

If Igboland is a victim of anything, it is a lack of sophistication, they just do not know how to negotiate and cooperate to achieve anything.

They have to be unrealistic and detached from reality it seems.
Re: Why The Southeast Should Stop Claiming Marginalization by aolawale025: 8:58am On Jun 14, 2017
maclatunji:

Let us assume without conceding that this is true. Is it by bringing war on themselves that they will develop? The rest of the country is wise enough to know that while any war would likely lead to another Southeast defeat, it is in nobody's best interest.

However, Igbos allow a noisy minority drag them into trouble because it massages their pride. People like me are simply smashing that ego for them to come to their senses.

After the civil war, there ought to have been a genuine effort to truly reconcile. But the SE have been neglected. Look at the coal mines. The Niger bridge etc. And even presently year after year the capital votes of the SE in the annual budgets is always the lowest. In contrast the FG borrowed from the world Bank to rebuild the NE due to boko haram damage. Where is the justice, equity and fairness in that?

I don't support going to war. No matter the integrity of your protest, once you resort to violence, you have already lost. I would rather see a situation where nigeria reverts to the arrangement we had when the british left. 50% derivation. Regionalism. Etc. In short the 1963 constitution.
Re: Why The Southeast Should Stop Claiming Marginalization by maclatunji: 10:26am On Jun 14, 2017
aolawale025:

After the civil war, there ought to have been a genuine effort to truly reconcile. But the SE have been neglected. Look at the coal mines. The Niger bridge etc. And even presently year after year the capital votes of the SE in the annual budgets is always the lowest. In contrast the FG borrowed from the world Bank to rebuild the NE due to boko haram damage. Where is the justice, equity and fairness in that?

I don't support going to war. No matter the integrity of your protest, once you resort to violence, you have already lost. I would rather see a situation where nigeria reverts to the arrangement we had when the british left. 50% derivation. Regionalism. Etc. In short the 1963 constitution.

What is the population of the Southeast and geographical size in relation to the rest of Nigeria?

Your assertion that reconstruction did not take place in the Southeast is not correct but since you have refused to bring facts and figures, I will not bother digging those for you.

Stop comparing Boko Haram destruction to a war of secession, they are not the same.
Re: Why The Southeast Should Stop Claiming Marginalization by Kingspin(m): 10:27am On Jun 14, 2017
maclatunji:

Formenting trouble will bring all of these?

I know Nigerians like to whine like nothing at all is improving but this is not true. What we need is to improve governance and that will not happen when saboteurs keep trying to blackmail us with primordial sentiments and victim mentality.

If Igboland is a victim of anything, it is a lack of sophistication, they just do not know how to negotiate and cooperate to achieve anything.

They have to be unrealistic and detached from reality it seems.
Forget theory on how the igbos should have done it. Nigeria have been doing it same since 1960 yet no single or meaningful progress. What is the sin of the igbos right now they are saying give EVERYONE equal rights, justice and opportunity. But those who think they are benefiting from the status quo are resisting any reform then Nigeria have to continue burning forever until some people realize that a good and peaceful Nigeria will benefit all and sundry and things will get better for all Nigerians. See Nigeria is not the only country any reasonable person should research how a nation is built. The answer should not surprise anyone. Nigeria need change.
Re: Why The Southeast Should Stop Claiming Marginalization by maclatunji: 10:57am On Jun 14, 2017
Kingspin:
Forget theory on how the igbos should have done it. Nigeria have been doing it same since 1960 yet no single or meaningful progress. What is the sin of the igbos right now they are saying give EVERYONE equal rights, justice and opportunity. But those who think they are benefiting from the status quo are resisting any reform then Nigeria have to continue burning forever until some people realize that a good and peaceful Nigeria will benefit all and sundry and think will get better. Nigeria is not the only country any reasonable person should research how a nation is built. The answer should not surprise anyone. Nigeria need change.

1. First Igbos are not saying 'give everybody equal rights'. Nnamdi Kanu that they allowed to be the loudest voice from the East in the last 2 years was simply committing treason.

2. Equity is what is needed, equality can be a dubious concept.
Re: Why The Southeast Should Stop Claiming Marginalization by Kingspin(m): 12:15pm On Jun 14, 2017
maclatunji:

1. First Igbos are not saying 'give everybody equal rights'. Nnamdi Kanu that they allowed to be the loudest voice from the East in the last 2 years was simply committing treason.

2. Equity is what is needed, equality can be a dubious concept.
For Kanu committing treason then you have to ask why and listen if what he is saying is true or false. One thing do lead to another if the issue of national interest has been addressed nobody will feel left out. For example Nigerians has been shouting for good roads, health care etc ever since 1960 yet nobody seems to hear them. Why? So if Nigerians masses fail to demand for their right and what will benefit them then someone may have to help them do that. I don't think we have to wait forever? If anyone doesn't want to reform Nigeria he/she should prepare for whatever. Nigeria is suffering too much and the country must change for good and for all not for some this is the agitators message. Simply put Nigeria first not tribe or religion. When you do that Nnamadi Kanu followers will reduce by 80percent.

1 Like

Re: Why The Southeast Should Stop Claiming Marginalization by Crayola1: 9:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
maclatunji:

Hahahahaahahahahaha, 'Igbos have not led in Nigeria is why we are in a mess' is your point in summary. The highly celebrated Dr. Ngozi Okonji Iweala was Minister of Finance and Coordinator of the economy under our richest period in history in terms of revenue.

Much good she did running the economy aground.

While you might not be capable of totally deciding the fate of the country on your own, your penchant as a people to be saboteurs will definitely have to be addressed as Nigeria continues to develop.

You seek to mock the development of other parts of Nigeria but you forget that Igbos keep trooping to these regions on a daily basis. For all your love of "municipal water' you still cannot resist heading to where you claim it doesn't exist. Are you parasitic by design?

You would argue against the notion but the facts on ground are plain to see.

The slightest suggestion of Igbos being evicted from these better sophisticated regions in terms of politics leaves you whining to the point of literally crawling to beg the likes of Professor Ango Abdullahi who might not be good with giving Municipal Water but is good at giving political naive tribesmen from the Southeast a lesson in political maneuvering even with deplorable tactics.

#LOL

No that's your words. But thanks for building that strawman son.

My point is that if the SE is least sophisticated of the 3, going by your train of thought then it makes sense it would be worse off. In fact the two regions with 500 years of sophistication should be in a better situation because they know how to play politics the "right" way, according to you.

But the facts on the ground say otherwise, so all I'm asking is where is the sophistication at? Do I need to squint and spin around 3 times before I spot it?

Next point how can people be unsophisticated and saboteurs at the same time. You can only be one or the other. You can't play both sides of the fences. Their unsophisticated nature would be overridden by the fact that you are sophisticated. By shear numbers alone the SE numerically cant override the SW and North together.

So are you saying the SE is so powerful it can upend the two sophisticated regions by such a large degree?

And as citizens of Nigeria they have that right. Igbo people aren't getting anything for free so how can they be parasitic? Parasites by definition take and give nothing in return.

You debase yourself by claiming sophistication, but have nothing to show for it. Which is the saddest fact of all. You think sophistication is power and not what is done with that power. Which is why you are trying failing at not being a tribalistic thug, like the rest of your brothers in arms.

At least they are honest with their bigotry and hatred, you think you are above that because you don't say "kill all the Igbos".

If Professor Ango Abdullahi is not good at giving Municipal Water then what good is he for? He's so sophisticated that he can find time to threaten Igbos but can't find time to figure out why millions of Northern Children lack access to education. Exhibit A of sophistication in maclatunji eyes.

And Nigeria will continue to "develop" grin

LOL
Re: Why The Southeast Should Stop Claiming Marginalization by maclatunji: 10:58pm On Jun 14, 2017
Crayola1:

No that's your words. But thanks for building that strawman son.

My point is that if the SE is least sophisticated of the 3, going by your train of thought then it makes sense it would be worse off. In fact the two regions with 500 years of sophistication should be in a better situation because they know how to play politics the "right" way, according to you.

But the facts on the ground say otherwise, so all I'm asking is where is the sophistication at? Do I need to squint and spin around 3 times before I spot it?

Next point how can people be unsophisticated and saboteurs at the same time. You can only be one or the other. You can't play both sides of the fences. Their unsophisticated nature would be overridden by the fact that you are sophisticated. By shear numbers alone the SE numerically cant override the SW and North together.

So are you saying the SE is so powerful it can upend the two sophisticated regions by such a large degree?

And as citizens of Nigeria they have that right. Igbo people aren't getting anything for free so how can they be parasitic? Parasites by definition take and give nothing in return.

You debase yourself by claiming sophistication, but have nothing to show for it. Which is the saddest fact of all. You think sophistication is power and not what is done with that power. Which is why you are trying failing at not being a tribalistic thug, like the rest of your brothers in arms.

At least they are honest with their bigotry and hatred, you think you are above that because you don't say "kill all the Igbos".

If Professor Ango Abdullahi is not good at giving Municipal Water then what good is he for? He's so sophisticated that he can find time to threaten Igbos but can't find time to figure out why millions of Northern Children lack access to education. Exhibit A of sophistication in maclatunji eyes.

And Nigeria will continue to "develop" grin

LOL

You must be a learner. Spoiling things is easy, building is the hard part.

The Acting President spoke to Southeast leaders today and gave them the diplomatic equivalent of a whipping. Why would he need to do this? Your lack of sophistication. He did something similar a few weeks back as well.

Who is better-off in Nigeria is debatable. However, no region self-destructs better than the Southeast. Not fulfilling your potential is one thing, self-destruction is a totally different matter.

Your point is moot ab initio. Nobody has claimed Nigeria is in great shape.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Facts About Atiku's Grant Disbursement Form / NASS Crisis: Power, Water Supplies Restored, Businesses Remain Closed / Hardship: Tinubu Trends In Sex Group (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.