Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,319 members, 7,850,142 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:04 PM

Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) - Sports (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) (43399 Views)

Poll: Who will go through to the Semi Final?

Nigeria: 90% (169 votes)
Zambia: 9% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Zambia: CAF Under-17 Championship (3 - 1) On 21st February 2015 / Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 / Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by usbcable(m): 11:26pm On Jan 25, 2010
this commentatorrs would have shouted tio the high heavens if Zambia had won.
thank God we won.
but I feel like shooting Amodu
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 25, 2010
Bokoharam:

Amodu is da Bomb. Amodu 4 life. Dont fire him, pour am cold water!!!!

Shoot  enemies of Amodu

Why am I not surprised at your choice of words
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by oisehumen(m): 11:27pm On Jan 25, 2010
Wonders shall never end!!! Guys, don't be surprised these yeye eagles may just find themselves in the final, Watch it. But over all, am highly disappointed with the level of their play 2nite.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by hatbreaker: 11:27pm On Jan 25, 2010
YAMAYAMA vincent i owe you one cold bottle of Star beer for shaming that zambian goalie who dared to embarass the Nigerian spirit, because he scored a penalty.its FOOLS like those who run the NFF that give them mouth to talk,hear all the rubbish those south african commentators talk, what ever the Zambian keepers name is, F*****CUK YOU, we wonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!woooooooooooooooooohhhhhh!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by uglyBetty1(f): 11:28pm On Jan 25, 2010
Please if Amodu would be sacked, they should employ that Zambian coach, am soooooooooooooooo inlove
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by GTay(m): 11:28pm On Jan 25, 2010
Official: Vincent Enyeama wins the M.O.T.M Award
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by vinisky: 11:28pm On Jan 25, 2010
vincent enyeama man of the match. that's wassup. grin
hatbreaker:

YAMAYAMA vincent i owe you one cold bottle of Star beer for shaming that zambian goalie who dared to embarass the Nigerian spirit, because he scored a penalty.its FOOLS like those who run the NFF that give them mouth to talk,hear all the rubbish those south african commentators talk, what ever the Zambian keepers name is, F*****CUK YOU, we wonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!woooooooooooooooooohhhhhh!!!!
Bros. take am easy. e no fair. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by agboifo(f): 11:28pm On Jan 25, 2010
Football is not a fair game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by funkydot(f): 11:29pm On Jan 25, 2010
Too ashamed 2 rejoice.But a win is a win even if it is in a mediocre way.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by rasputinn(m): 11:29pm On Jan 25, 2010
With Echiejile playing like this,Taiye Taiwo will NEVER play for the eagles again,i.e barring any injuries to Echiejile.
There was a time I loathed Mikel for shunning Nigeria,but now he's my second favourite eagles palyer,after Osazee and if I see anybody beefing Mikel again,the person will have me to contend with.

Enyeama showed great composure and confidence(see the way he rushed the ball from the Zambian keeper,as if to say sebi you don score me,oya gimme the ball make I score you back one time if you tink say na only you sabi score  grin grin grin)

Obasi and Yakubu were uselesss
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by presido1: 11:29pm On Jan 25, 2010
BREAKING NEWS: The Match Cancelled, to be replayed tomorrow.

This is pathetic.

Will post link tomorrow.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by franktolk(m): 11:30pm On Jan 25, 2010
yeye pple like you,shame bad pple, dont b surprised if u c naija lift the cuppppppp
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by uglyBetty1(f): 11:31pm On Jan 25, 2010
I think the match has finished, let me go and slep, tomorow na work before i will go and be siniging the praises of the Zambian coach. Good Nite to all.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Gayigaskia(m): 11:31pm On Jan 25, 2010
We need new coaches and new players. Frankly the Olympic team that siasia had put in place would do the job
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by chic2pimp(m): 11:31pm On Jan 25, 2010
arkinses:

Why am I not surprised at your choice of words
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Becuz his name is Bokoharam abi? grin grin grin grin

teemoe:

we have the most foolish team in the universe.  .  .  .i slept .  .  .woke up.  .  .slept.   .  .woke up.  .during the match.   .
Lafff wan kill me die for NL. How many times did you sleep and wake up? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by rasputinn(m): 11:32pm On Jan 25, 2010
funkydot:

Too ashamed 2 rejoice.But a win is a win even if it is in a mediocre way.

Na you sabi,me I dey rejoice,this victory will do us a lotta good.Bragging rights over CIV and Cameroon plus enhanced FIFA ranking,especially when we progress further(I pray we go all the way,whether we wobble and fumble,I don't care)
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 25, 2010
presido1:

BREAKING NEWS: The Match Cancelled, to be replayed tomorrow.

This is pathetic.

Will post link tomorrow.

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by doyin13(m): 11:33pm On Jan 25, 2010
rasputinn:

With Echiejile playing like this,Taiye Taiwo will NEVER play for the eagles again,i.e barring any injuries to Echiejile.
There was a time I loathed Mikel for shunning Nigeria,but now he's my second favourite eagles palyer,after Osazee and if I see anybody beefing Mikel again,the person will have me to contend with.

Enyeama showed great composure and confidence(see the way he rushed the ball from the Zambian keeper,as if to say sebi you don score me,oya gimme the ball make I score you back one time if you tink say na only you sabi score  grin grin grin)

Obasi and Yakubu were uselesss

It is because of viewing public like this we have Amodu as coach.

Echejile and Yusuf provided no width at all throughout the match.
They were thoroughly outplayed by their opposites.

SHINE YOUR EYE BRUV.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by chika98: 11:33pm On Jan 25, 2010
Why am I in shock that we won shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by fyneguy: 11:33pm On Jan 25, 2010
I have a feeling T.B. Joshua told our team, the match would be determined by penalty shoot-out.

They played as though they had watched the match before.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Obinoscopy(m): 11:34pm On Jan 25, 2010
The Winner between the Algeria vs Egypt Semi Final match will carry the cup. . . . . .this is my verdict
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Jaybee2412(m): 11:35pm On Jan 25, 2010
we should change our name to Goodluck
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Uche2nna(m): 11:36pm On Jan 25, 2010
doyin13:

Echejile and Yusuf provided no width at all throughout the match.
They were thoroughly outplayed by their opposites.

I thot I was watching a different match  when raspuntin lauded the wing backs. They were so static and very un-innovative that it hurts!!!!

Something has to give,,,, this is NOT the best that we can offer. Seriously!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by TmeD0(m): 11:39pm On Jan 25, 2010
GTay:

Official: Vincent Enyeama wins the M.O.T.M Award

to an extent yes but i think the unsung hero of this match was #19 Yusuf.

if not for him, the scoreline would have read: Zambia 2 Nigeria 0. . .he intercepted two shots at the goal that had completely beaten the goalkeeper.

so, to me he's the M.O.T.M!
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by paddylo1(m): 11:40pm On Jan 25, 2010
naija. . .
wuru wuru to the answer. . . .
well 2 more matches,no matter what cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by gidson12(m): 11:41pm On Jan 25, 2010
Nigeria game na always a game of luck
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Ibime(m): 11:42pm On Jan 25, 2010
Memo to Amodu:

In the absence of Apam in the next game, please do not bring Nnwaneri back into the team. Ayila is also a good defender, way better than Nnwaneri.

Also, you need to do something about Yusuf. His touch and passing is just abysmal.

Finally, Mikel is too slow to link the midfield and attack. Please consider playing Nsofor behind the striker just like SiaSia did in the Olympics.

@ all,

General Danny Shittu is Man of the Match. Best Nigerian defender since Uche Okechukwu. Organises his defence and wins everything in the air. Yobo should bury his head in shame.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by jumobi1(m): 11:42pm On Jan 25, 2010
If Zambia was an experienced team, we would have lost but we were better because they didn't do anything better than us even though we were not as sharp as we used to. Perhaps this is Super Eagles at it best. We need to rebuild.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Gayigaskia(m): 11:43pm On Jan 25, 2010
[size=16pt]For all the peps who say we do not deserve this win think about how many times we were unluky not to win the cup. from 84 90 2000 2002 2004.
thruth be said even if i don't like Amodu[/size]
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by hatbreaker: 11:46pm On Jan 25, 2010
lol, you jus high on oxygen but i think i like the celebration, gimme the gud kiss make i give yama yama.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by tychee69(m): 11:48pm On Jan 25, 2010
The T,B JOSHUA theory is a possibility. We won, but my heart goes out to those zambians who played very very well, I must admit. I bet the south african commentators would have a rough night, They have started drinking to zambia. The true nature of the nigerian nation reflects on the performance of super eagles. Lack of leadership ianal abuja and the football pitch. Its a pity that ghana will disgrace us @ d semis.

nb: amodu and yakubu should be hung on a stake and their kneecaps  clobbered.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by usbcable(m): 11:49pm On Jan 25, 2010
Gayigaskia:

[size=16pt]For all the peps who say we do not deserve this win think about how many times we were unluky not to win the cup. from 84 90 2000 2002 2004.
thruth be said even if i don't like Amodu[/size]

TRUE TALK OOOOOOOOOOOO
I DON FORGET SEF
TX FOR REMINDING ME
but dont expect the lucky run against ghana ooooooooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (37) (Reply)

Rashidat Yemisi Rashidi Yekini Graduates From De Montfort University UK (Pics) / Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched / African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.