Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) - Career (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) (135108 Views)

ICAN November 2018 Results (let's Meet Here) / May 2017 Salary / ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by AbbyE: 6:44am On Jul 10, 2017
ExcelIBK:

Sorry guy.. understanding is different from proper understanding...yeah, I'm very aware of the 10yr rule were both right ,but that 5 years rule ,you're very wrong ...you should read it again

Take and read and look at what I said and tell me what's wrong in what I said

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by shrimati(m): 6:55am On Jul 10, 2017
AbbyE:

You just nailed it with verifiable evidence.
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by lekzee7555(m): 7:10am On Jul 10, 2017
OlalekanEdun:

Guy try take your mind off the result. And if you can't, anytime it comes on, just say a little prayer, "whatever the outcome of council members sitting will be, Lord let it favor me"

You'll be fine!
God bless you bro...
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Detumi: 7:19am On Jul 10, 2017
Does the professional level implies from foundation
too?That means even if you are in foundation level you have 5 years or am I getting it wrong?
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by kraizybone(m): 7:21am On Jul 10, 2017
You guys should quit with the argument already.... Keep refreshing hoping to see something new, and it's some argument angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by OlalekanEdun(m): 7:52am On Jul 10, 2017
lekzee7555:

God bless you bro...

Amen
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by OlalekanEdun(m): 8:05am On Jul 10, 2017
AbbyE:

You are right AbbyE, now we all know the 5-year rule applies only to candidates at the Professional level grin... But there is still a question to be asked... What happen to the peeps at the skills level, does the 10-year rule still apply to them or there is no longer a required mandatory period for them smiley
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 10, 2017
Still on the matter....

Gbolahanrasaq, any information about our results?

1 Like

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by gbolahanrasaq: 8:10am On Jul 10, 2017
OlalekanEdun:

I don't think so, If we can have have inexperienced young people passing then it has nothing to do with been experienced in certain practice or not. Moreover, remember CR is now a new paper in the new syllabus, she might not yet be at home with the 'devilish' standards (IAS & IFRS). Remember old accounts are prepared with schedules and quite different from what we are having now!

You made a good point. FR and CR requires the knowledge of IAS/IFRS. I agree with you

1 Like

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by gbolahanrasaq: 8:11am On Jul 10, 2017
Kratos3364:

You're blowing this out of proportion mister!, who's BRAGGING ?, and what's that about the trait of a real ican student grin grin. yes, integrity is the watchword, you don't need to tell me that.

Lol
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by gbolahanrasaq: 8:15am On Jul 10, 2017
optimusmind:
Still on the matter....

Good morning sir. Thursday is the day
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Melian(f): 8:16am On Jul 10, 2017
You are dope!

sopulurespect:

Accounting profession is very broad and you will need to determine the area you want to specialize, Financial reporting, Tax, Audit and Assurance etc.

1 Like

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 10, 2017
gbolahanrasaq:

Good morning sir. Thursday is the day
Morning sir,....

Now

We

Wait

Winter is coming!
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by OlalekanEdun(m): 8:33am On Jul 10, 2017
optimusmind:

Morning sir,....
Now

We

Wait

Winter is coming!

Medic!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 10, 2017
OlalekanEdun:

Medic!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided
undecided

1 Like

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by murry2: 9:37am On Jul 10, 2017
sopulurespect:

Accounting profession is very broad and you will need to determine the area you want to specialize, Financial reporting, Tax, Audit and Assurance etc.
If you don't know where to start, then you may start with FR which is very common.
You will need to build your skill on how to prepare financial statements from source documents to final account using excel, Quick book, Peachtree/Sage etc.

You should know how to post daily transactions from source documents to subsidiary books eg cash book, post to individual ledger account, prepare trial balance and final account.
Excel is a very powerful tool for accountant because after account are prepared with software they will still be exported to excel.

Knowing how to prepare Payroll which will include PAYE computation is also good.
You should also understand that the illustrations you solved while preparing for the exams are what people do in offices. And you may be given work which is similar to the questions you attempted while preparing for ICAN.
Your study materials may still be relevant to you.

Honestly there is alot to talk about.

Thanks
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by murry2: 9:39am On Jul 10, 2017
kraizybone:

Well, if you're hoping to join the practice.. Then it's really a tough one.. Cuz most firms want to train you from the ground up and don't like to hire qualified folks, except those with years of experience and are skilled (in audit, tax and others areas of consulting) .. But if you're looking at the corporate world, then there's a better chance of getting hired to be a CFO or chief accountant in some corporate office where you'd be required to perform some supervisory role.
Either the above two options, or you're completely freelance grin
Just my two cents tho.

Thanks
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by murry2: 9:43am On Jul 10, 2017
AbbyE:

There's really no expectation from you , if you are hired as a trainee in an accounting firm then they'd train you from scratch. To some organisations they'd rather hire you because you won't have to take time off work to write ICAN as you are already chartered and they won't have to refund your exam money unlike people that chartered while in the firm

Thanks
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 10, 2017
optimusmind:
Still on the matter....

It could be Tomorrow
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 10, 2017
godsluvee:
It could be Tomorrow

That would be awesome
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by centK(m): 9:58am On Jul 10, 2017
The date is 13th. So save the date. Hopefully thursday this thread would start going into oblivion. Success to we all

1 Like

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by ExcelIBK(f): 10:34am On Jul 10, 2017
AbbyE:

Whao! IcAn needs to be flogged.. I read this issue around February on one paper on their notice board at Ebute-metta... trust it was far different from this ...I'm disappointed in the body ..well can't remember seeing that signed...at least this is properly signed ..
Thanks for correcting my wrong information upload in my head .. really grateful

1 Like

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Toppiano(m): 10:53am On Jul 10, 2017
virtual3xpert:

Hi, have you started your exams? I'm also in this situation and I need someone to share ideas and study materials with.
Thanks

Qualified already, just awaiting result of 2 papers. grin

3 Likes

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by gbolahanrasaq: 10:58am On Jul 10, 2017
I am having this strange feelings in me that I have qualified grin grin

2 Likes

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by pedroito: 11:06am On Jul 10, 2017
gbolahanrasaq:
I am having this strange feelings in me that I have qualified grin grin

Your blood is too hot!!!
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by gbolahanrasaq: 11:10am On Jul 10, 2017
pedroito:

Your blood is too hot!!!

Yours is hotter
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by gbolahanrasaq: 11:12am On Jul 10, 2017
pedroito:

Your blood is too hot!!!

If your blood is not hot you won't be on this platform oooooo
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by sapesuper(m): 11:34am On Jul 10, 2017
virtual3xpert:
Hello guys!

Please I need someone to guide me step by step, like a mentor. I'm just starting out. Thanks a lot.

Mail me!
akeemafolabi77@gmail.com
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by kraizybone(m): 11:39am On Jul 10, 2017
Toppiano:

Qualified already, just awaiting result of 2 papers. grin
Lol, bro.. I love this. It's faith. cool

2 Likes

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by kraizybone(m): 12:16pm On Jul 10, 2017
Why is time so slow these days na. It's just 12 since morning... On a normal day, it'll be 4pm by now. Time is just crawling, Thursday seems like two weeks afar. grin

2 Likes

Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by gbolahanrasaq: 12:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
kraizybone:
Why is time so slow these days na. It's just 12 since morning... On a normal day, it'll be 4pm by now. Time is just crawling, Thursday seems like two weeks afar. grin

lol
Re: ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here) by Inexhaustible(m): 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2017
kraizybone:

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (64) (Reply)

Careers In Public Health / Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria And How Much They Pay / Cisco STUDY GROUP (online)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.