Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

DSS Didn’t Find $9m In My House – CJN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Didn’t Find $9m In My House – CJN (445 Views)

DSS Didn’t Arrest Me Over Biafra, APC Trying To Shut Me Up – Senator Abaribe / $9m Cash Discovered In Paul Boroh's House, EFCC Arrests Him / We Didn’t Find $42m In Makarfi’s Farm –efcc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Didn’t Find $9m In My House – CJN by zik4ever: 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2017
The Chief Justice of Nigeria CJN, Justice Walter Nkanu Onnoghen has described as lies, the reports that the Department of State Security Service, DSS, found $9million in his house.

A statement released yesterday, by the office of the CJN, said the malicious report was intended to impugn his good name.

The CJN advised the public to disregard the lies adding, that the judiciary, under his watch will continue to discharge its responsibility as the last hope of all men, not just the common man.

The statement reads: “The attention of His Lordship the Honourable Chief Justice of Nigeria, the Hon Justice Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen GCON has been drawn to reports circulating online alleging that the Department of State Security (DSS) allegedly found Nine Million US dollars in his home.

“His Lordship the CJN advises the public to disregard these infantile lies most probably intended to impugn the good name of His Lordship the CJN and distract him from the programmes which he recently introduced and has started implementing to reform the Judiciary as the third arm of government.

“The truth, which is already in the public domain, is that the DSS has never raided the home of His Lordship the Honourable Chief Justice of Nigeria, the Hon Justice Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen GCON; not recently and certainly not in the October 2016 invasion of the homes of some Judicial Officers in the country.”

The statement continues, “It therefore beats the imagination why anyone would go out of their way to concoct and fabricate stories which are obvious falsehood.

“The Hon Chief Justice assures Nigerians that the sponsors of these fake news stories and their campaign to smear his name will not distract, discourage or slow the reforms he has begun implementing.

“The Honourable CJN advises online publishers not to allow their platforms to be used as a medium for publication of fake news which does the country more harm than good in the eyes of the international community.

“Judiciary under his watch will continue to discharge it’s responsibility as the last hope of all men, not just the common man,” he concluded.
http://leadership.ng/2017/06/12/dss-didnt-find-9m-house-cjn/
Re: DSS Didn’t Find $9m In My House – CJN by Kyase(m): 4:31pm On Jun 12, 2017
“The truth, which is already in the
public domain, is that the DSS has
never raided the home of His
Lordship the Honourable Chief
Justice of Nigeria, the Hon Justice
Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen GCON; not recently and certainly
not in the October 2016 invasion of
the homes of some Judicial Officers
in the country.”
The statement continues, “It
therefore beats the imagination
why anyone would go out of their
way to concoct and fabricate
stories which are obvious
falsehood.

Sahara reporters see una life.
And to anyone that insulted Buhari on that thread, may the jew God strike you dead.amen
OZAOEKPE you're among

1 Like

Re: DSS Didn’t Find $9m In My House – CJN by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2017
Kyase:

Sahara reporters see una life.
And to anyone that insulted Buhari on that thread, may the jew God strike you dead.amen
OZ AOEKPE you're among
No be una sahara tell us?
Re: DSS Didn’t Find $9m In My House – CJN by Kyase(m): 4:56pm On Jun 12, 2017
OZAOEKPE:
No be una sahara tell us?
shey you talk say you no dey believe them

(1) (Reply)

Will Nigeria Survive? / CONFIRMED: Presidential Aircraft Parked Idly In London For More Than Seven Weeks / APC Says No To Restructuring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.