Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Walt Disney Left Behind A Mysterious Note Before He Died & It Changed The World - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Walt Disney Left Behind A Mysterious Note Before He Died & It Changed The World (810 Views)

BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process / Walt Disney Buys Murdoch's Fox For $52.4bn / The 3 Disadvantages Of Tstv Decoder To Note Before Purchasing - 9gist.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Walt Disney Left Behind A Mysterious Note Before He Died & It Changed The World by nusto: 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2017
View Source: https://www.trendiee.com/hacks/walt-disney-left-behind-a-mysterious-note-when-he-died-and-it-completely-changed-the-world/

When he died, Walt Disney left behind a multi-million dollar franchise. But one small note changed everything.

There’s no question that Walt Disney’s life changed the world. As the mastermind behind Mickey Mouse and the entire Disney enterprise, his life’s work has inspired children and adults alike for decades. And when he passed away due to lung cancer in 1966, the world truly lost one of the greats.

However, Disney made an impact in another (little-known) way, as well. Legend has it that he wrote one last message before being hospitalized prior to his death, says Disney historian Jim Korkis. Titled “TV Projects In Production: Ready for Production or Possible for Escalation and Story,” the note listed four names: Ron Miller, 2 Way Down Cellar, Kurt Russell, and CIA—Mobley.

Still, the note’s true meaning remained a mystery for decades. What did Disney’s last message to the world intend to convey?

According to former Disney archivist Dave Smith, who found the note, Disney was listing possible future projects for his franchise. And one name stood out: Kurt Russell’s.

Disney had expressed his awe of the 15-year-old’s talent before, praising him on television and personally ensuring that the boy received a studio contract. In October 1966, just months before his death, Disney even predicted “a great acting future” for Russell. But ultimately, it was Disney’s last words that ended up launching Russell’s career as an actor.

Russell confirmed this suspicion in a 2013 episode of The View. “I assume, as [does] everybody else, that he was talking about some movie that he was thinking about having me in… I don’t know what to make of it other than that,” Russell said.

View Source: https://www.trendiee.com/hacks/walt-disney-left-behind-a-mysterious-note-when-he-died-and-it-completely-changed-the-world/

Re: Walt Disney Left Behind A Mysterious Note Before He Died & It Changed The World by GloriaNinja(f): 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2017
undecided AND WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT IT? FRY YAM? THIS THREAD HAS NO IMPACT IN THE CURRENT SITUATION FACING NIGERIA.
Re: Walt Disney Left Behind A Mysterious Note Before He Died & It Changed The World by 1stblood: 5:40pm On Jun 12, 2017
op, what exactly are you trying to pass across with this thead? cus i aint gon click that link

2 Likes

Re: Walt Disney Left Behind A Mysterious Note Before He Died & It Changed The World by Banter1(m): 8:31pm On Jun 12, 2017
One dude abused me here last week because if my comment on one religion topic. i wanted to insult him back but something tells me not to. then i decided to view his profile and i was Amased by the Gigantic head on his body.

(1) (Reply)

About Nmdb (nigerian Movie Database) / Salman Khan Top Dialogues / Crisis On Earth-x, My Favourite Scenes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.