Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Nigeria Vs Cameroun (acn Quarter-finals) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Cameroun (acn Quarter-finals) (871 Views)

Nigeria Vs Brazil: FIFA U-17 World Cup Quarter Finals (3 - 0) Live / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Cameroun (acn Quarter-finals) by adino(m): 8:17am On Jan 22, 2010
Point of correction. It is Nigeria vs Cameroun and not Nigeria vs Zambia. Cameroun, Zambia and Gabon all defeated themselves and three of them has the same goal advantage, but using head to head (just how Mali was eliminated) Cameroun came out tops, Zambia second and Gabon eliminated (what a pity). o it is Nigeria vs Cameroun semi-final
Take a look at the head to head sores:-
Cam 0:1 Gabon -(Worst head to head Result)
Cam 3:2 Zambia -(Best head to head Result)
Zambia 2:1 Gabon -(Second Best head to head Result)
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (acn Quarter-finals) by femi4: 9:24am On Jan 22, 2010
WRONG!
Article 14 is self explanatory enough.Its Nigeria vs Zambia.Since the 3 teams have the same points and Goal difference. 14.3 was used among these 3 teams.

Zambia, +4 recall dat: Zam 2-Gabon 1, Zambia 2-Cam 3
Cameroun, +3 recall dat:Cam 3-Zam 2, Cam 0- Gabon 1
Gabon, +2 recall dat Gabon 1 -Cam 0, Gabon 1-Zam 2

14.1 Greater number of points obtained in the matches between the concerned
teams;
14.2. Best goal difference in the matches between the concerned teams;
14.3. Greater number of goals scored in the group matches between the
concerned teams;
14.4. Greater number of away goals scored in the direct matches between the
concerned teams;
14.5. Goal difference in all the group matches;
14.6. Greatest number of goals scored in all the group matches;
14.7. A drawing of lots by the Organising Committee of CAF
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (acn Quarter-finals) by adino(m): 9:24pm On Jan 22, 2010
@Femi4

You are right. Your analysis on CAF rules are clear, I though CAF would use head to head. Anyway, against my will, I wish super Chickens the best.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (acn Quarter-finals) by Obinoscopy(m): 1:09am On Jan 23, 2010
adino:

@Femi4

You are right. Your analysis on CAF rules are clear, I though CAF would use head to head. Anyway, against my will, I wish super Chickens the best.

Off course they tried head to head rule first but it didn't help since it means both Cameroun, Gabon and Zambia will lay claim to the 1st position based on it. That is Gabon will claim that they qualified for the quaterfinals as 1st in the group since they have head to head advantage over cameroun (who also has an advantage over Zambia), Cameroun will also lay claim to d 1st position since they won Zambia (who in turn won Gabon), the same thing for Zambia since they worn Gabon (who inturn won Cameroun). So it will all end up in a vicious cycle that is why they now resort to the next line of option which is Goal Difference. But they also have the same Goal Difference. Thus the final option they took was to consider goal scored and that was where Zambia came first follwed by Cameroun and the Gabon.

If there was still a stalemate, they would have resorted to drawing of lots by the Organising Committee of CAF

(1) (Reply)

All Those Saying Rubbish About Siasia,eat Your Hearts Out / Rafael Nadal Beats Roger Federer To Win 6th French Open Title / Cesc Fabregas Compares Barcelona And Arsenal:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.