Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,960 members, 7,952,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:09 AM

Lessons I Learned From Lagos Beggars - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lessons I Learned From Lagos Beggars (437 Views)

Photos Of Beautiful Child Beggars In Calabar Go Viral / Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG / We Want Bigger Alms In 2017, Lagos Beggars Set Fresh Target (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons I Learned From Lagos Beggars by Lustig(m): 7:52pm On Jun 12, 2017
1) #Punctuality – they have no one to report to yet they are ever punctual. They are at their duty post as early as you won’t even imagine. Think about it……

2) #Boldness – they are never afraid of approaching anyone no matter your color, size, height, gender or even age. They approach the prospective client head on. Its their job and they do it well.

3) #Persistence – they never give up. They can repeat the same line 7 times over to one individual until the person is out of sight. They never stop at first try….not second…or third even.

4) # TargetMarket/Audience – some can be very selective, they stay on the road and ask from drivers and passengers. They believe that’s their market and they work on it coming up with lines appealing to the ears and appearance that commands compassion.

5) #Optimism – they are hopeful, that things will get better, that it doesn’t have to be that way till the very end. they have a goal and they strive towards it. They have hopes to stumble on a pot of gold. To find mercy in the eyes of their helpers. They never give up. Optimism is their propeller.

https://aiyedeedithblog./2017/02/08/lessons-i-learned-from-lagos-beggars/
Re: Lessons I Learned From Lagos Beggars by thesicilian: 8:33pm On Jun 12, 2017
The likes of Dangote, Otedola, Jim Ovia, Elumelu etc all exhibit these same traits and more. I'd rather learn from those since it seems to be working for them.

(1) (Reply)

Hurray Fashola / Fun Places To Visit In Port Harcourt / Yoruba Started Quit Notice Not Arewa Youths. Fashola Deported The Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.