Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,900 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Unbelievable Football matches - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Unbelievable Football matches (1236 Views)

2012/2013 UEFA Champions League Matches Today (notables) / This Is How I Make Money Betting On Football Matches,join Me Now 4 Free / Latest Footballnews:english Premier League Results For Matches Played Yesterday: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unbelievable Football matches by RuuDie(m): 10:11am On Jan 22, 2010
AS Adema 149-0 SO l'Emyrne - Madagascan league, 2002

The final day of the 2002 season produced by far the biggest win in history. Remarkably, none of the Adema scored as Emyrne - the defending national champions, no less - netted own-goals at a rate that Jamie Carragher could only dream ofFarcical scenes ensued following a dispute with the referee that resulted in Emyrne coach Ratsimandresy Ratsarazaka ordering his players to put through their own net while the bemused Adema players looked on. The result did not please fans of Arbroath, whose 36-0 over Bon Accord was the previous record, and the Madagascan authorities were even less impressed, banning Ratsarazaka and four players.

grin grin grin grin grin

& this happened in the year 2k+; not even 20's or '30s. . . . incredible!
Re: Unbelievable Football matches by mukina2: 11:28am On Jan 22, 2010
grin grin grin grin
Re: Unbelievable Football matches by RuuDie(m): 1:00pm On Jan 22, 2010
mukina2:

grin grin grin grin

the kind of thing gambia national team can do grin
Re: Unbelievable Football matches by mukina2: 1:51pm On Jan 22, 2010
you wish tongue
Re: Unbelievable Football matches by bandely(m): 4:44pm On Jan 22, 2010
HA! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Source abeg! grin grin grin This one don pass power!
Re: Unbelievable Football matches by RuuDie(m): 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2010
bandely:

HA! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Source abeg! grin grin grin This one don pass power!

just copy that heading - "AS Adema 149-0 SO l'Emyrne" & google. . . . source ya'pa grin
Re: Unbelievable Football matches by RuuDie(m): 6:43pm On Jan 22, 2010
Olympos Xylofagou striker[b] Panagiotis Pontikos [/b] banged in 16 goals against SEK Ayios Athanasios FC to help his side win 24-3 in Cypriot third division game on May 7, 2007.
His feat is worthy of a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records as the number of goals scored by a single player in a game.
Pontikos was not even in the top five of top scorers in the division but he doubled his tally in the single game against SEK to take himself to the top of the scoring charts. His goals were timed at 3, 20, 33, 35, 47, 50, 55, 56, 58, 61, 68, 75, 76, 83, 86 and 87 minutes.
Unfortunately he did not break the record but merely equaled it.
He has to share the glory because Stephan Staniso also scored 16 times for his side Racing Club in a French Cup match against Aubry Asturies in December 1942.

In international football, the record for the most goals scored by a single player in a game is held by Australian Archie Thompson, who scored a whopping 13 goals in a 2002 World Cup qualifier against American Samoa on April 11, 2001. The Socceroos won 31-0 (the score was originally reported as 32-0 as the scorekeepers lost count).
Thompson's feat was helped by playing in a team of well-drilled professionals, even though they were not Australia's first choice team, and playing against one of the world's weakest national football teams.

In England, Joe Payne scored 10 goals in a single game for Luton Town in the 12-0 victory over Bristol Rovers on Easter Monday in 1936, the highest individual tally in a league game.
Payne’s record has never been equalled, no other player having ever scored ten in a league game. Not surprisingly the former Derbyshire miner was quickly dubbed Ten Goal Payne.
Re: Unbelievable Football matches by bandely(m): 12:39pm On Jan 23, 2010
RuuDie:

just copy that heading - "AS Adema 149-0 SO l'Emyrne" & google. . . . source ya'pa grin
shocked shocked It is on wiki! shocked grin grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS_Adema_149%E2%80%930_SO_l%27Emyrne
Re: Unbelievable Football matches by mukina2: 1:19pm On Jan 23, 2010
close ur eyes jo grin
Re: Unbelievable Football matches by abadaba(m): 1:03pm On Jan 24, 2010
Rangers fc Enugu vs Zabgai fc of Bauchi. Nigerian league 1979. There was a penalty in the 21 minutes of injury time against Rangers. Emmanuel Okala saved the spot kick. The ref ordered for a replay. Okala saved for the second time, referee, was upset and issued a yellow card to Okala. Then the third time, okala stood still and Zabgai scored. Incredible refereeing those days in Nigeria. I did not watch this match, but Christian Chukwu told me about it some years back in London.
Re: Unbelievable Football matches by RuuDie(m): 1:53pm On Jan 24, 2010
abadaba:

Rangers fc Enugu vs Zabgai fc of Bauchi. Nigerian league 1979. There was a penalty in the 21 minutes of injury time against Rangers. Emmanuel Okala saved the spot kick. The ref ordered for a replay. Okala saved for the second time, referee, was upset and issued a yellow card to Okala. Then the third time, okala stood still and Zabgai scored. Incredible refereeing those days in Nigeria. I did not watch this match, but Christian Chukwu told me about it some years back in London.

grin grin grin

i'm pretty sure this didn't happen in Enugu!?
Re: Unbelievable Football matches by bandely(m): 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2010
mukina2:

close your eyes jo grin
Wetin concern you? Na your eyes I open? tongue grin grin

abadaba:

Ha! shocked shocked The envelope they gave the refree must be very fat! grin grin
Re: Unbelievable Football matches by chrisical(m): 3:29pm On Jan 24, 2010
Na waoooo cheesy
Re: Unbelievable Football matches by abadaba(m): 9:59pm On Jan 24, 2010
RuuDie:

grin grin grin

i'm pretty sure this didn't happen in Enugu!?

It was played in Bauchi.
Re: Unbelievable Football matches by RuuDie(m): 12:47pm On Jan 25, 2010
I remember 1 football match at the Onikan waterfront that ended in a riot and 1 unfortunate police man made the mistake of chasing the crowds right into the stands until he was surrounded by a sea of people who were not policemen. . . . . grin grin grin grin grin

didn't wait to see d end, but i sure sey the beating been no get part-2!
Re: Unbelievable Football matches by abadaba(m): 6:25pm On Jan 25, 2010
Iwuanyanwu Nationale vs Stationery stores 1986 Nigerian league at Owerri. Osubu Kaka was in goal for Stores. Each time this keeper was beaten, the ball fails to cross the goal line but will burst on the goal line. This happened twice. Many people attributed the scenario to juju from the stores keeper. Finally Nationale scored in the last minute of the match.

(1) (Reply)

See Barca Life / Who Say They Are Rivals? Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Reach 1000 Goals / Must Jose Mouriho Cry When He Is Not Favour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.