Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know (49526 Views)

Car Dealers Besiege Customs Office With Vehicle Documents / Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers / 9 Mistakes Car Buyers In Nigeria Usually Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by Flyingngel(m): 7:41am On Jun 13, 2017
This is very informative. All the above are brought about by greedy and self centered Nigerian. If i tell you that in hell, Nigerians will occupy the greatest space.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by AutoJoshNG: 7:41am On Jun 13, 2017
Abeyjide:
How do I check original mileage ?

Do a VIN check.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by ednut1(m): 7:41am On Jun 13, 2017
a friend bought a ride with damaged condenser . dealer say na for port e happen. one day i just goggled d car vin. it brought out a website d car was being auctioned. na accidented ride o. front collision. bt luckily d car never gv any issues in 2 years.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by Abeyjide: 7:42am On Jun 13, 2017
AutoJoshNG:

Do a VIN check.
thanks
Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by Fogman(m): 7:43am On Jun 13, 2017
Insightful
Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 13, 2017
Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by judgedredd22(m): 7:45am On Jun 13, 2017
Virginkpekus:
Thank God I saw this, was about going to buy a car this morning.

ah! i see the kpekus has stated to generate excess cash! grin grin grin i'm happy for you o!! all i want is just a taste of the kpekus... dazall!! cool cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by 9japrof(m): 7:48am On Jun 13, 2017
Most of the information posted here is true. Please before getting a vehicle, make sure you go with a competent mechanic or driver to assist you make a good choice if you are not very aware of what you are getting

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by coalcoal1(m): 7:50am On Jun 13, 2017
I have a friend who bought a Nigerian 2006 BMW with a mileage of less than 10,000km. I told him it's highly impossible but he said the owner told him he bought it brand new and shortly afterwards, he was given an official car hence the lie mileage.
meanwhile, this case has been giving him different problems from door handles, auto lock issues, silencer etc. The sad part is that he still believes the car has a very low mileage and that he got a good deal....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by 0b100100111: 7:51am On Jun 13, 2017
Virginkpekus:

Real or toy car?
Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by Stanbeto: 7:52am On Jun 13, 2017
Chain there is God o
Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by LexngtonSteele: 7:54am On Jun 13, 2017
Car-dealers form a high % of criminals in Nigeria.

One of the most informative articles on Nairaland.

I learnt all these points in 1 year of visiting Nairaland Autos section

BRAVO!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by hollowpot15684(m): 7:57am On Jun 13, 2017
at least they also create job for mechanics.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by Virginkpekus(f): 7:57am On Jun 13, 2017
0b100100111:

Real or toy car?
Useless question
Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by Virginkpekus(f): 7:57am On Jun 13, 2017
judgedredd22:

ah! i see the kpekus has stated to generate excess cash! grin grin grin i'm happy for you o!! all i want is just a taste of the kpekus... dazall!! cool cool
Watch your mouth

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by Amebo017: 7:59am On Jun 13, 2017
Nice post
Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by legacyint: 8:02am On Jun 13, 2017
Another important thing to check when buying a car is the chasis.these car dealers can sweet tongue very well,if possible tell them to jack up the car u re buying so as to do a thorough inspection of d chassis but of course they won't do this giving flimsy excuses of not having the appropriate jack to execute the task. That was how my friend bought a 2006 toyota Camry with a rusted chassis.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by ExInferis(m): 8:03am On Jun 13, 2017
There are actually a thousand things car dealers don't want you to know.

Every loose bolt, leaky hose, worn out joints, rusty iron, bendy plastic, and mouldy fabric is a secret you the buyer must not know about.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by judgedredd22(m): 8:03am On Jun 13, 2017
Virginkpekus:

Watch your mouth

watch it on TV abi for DVD?

when you get the car, let us know so we can direct you to a good mechanic for premium maintenance! grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by veloxnews35575: 8:05am On Jun 13, 2017
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
http://www.veloxnews.com/nigerian-newspapers-10-things-need-know-tuesday-morning-5/
#Newspaper_Summary
Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by marooh: 8:05am On Jun 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

OP you forgot this;

No dealer ever tells you the car you are buying was stolen.
This boy eeeh.....nawaooo

Help me tell OP that the seller forget to tell the buyer that puna is carried out inside the car grin
Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by demiawise(m): 8:06am On Jun 13, 2017
Nice one thanks
Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by Justuceleague2: 8:07am On Jun 13, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin
0b100100111:

Real or toy car?

Bad person cheesy grin
Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 13, 2017
coalcoal1:
I have a friend who bought a Nigerian 2006 BMW with a mileage of less than 10,000km. I told him it's highly impossible but he said the owner told him he bought it brand new and shortly afterwards, he was given an official car hence the lie mileage.
meanwhile, this case has been giving him different problems from door handles, auto lock issues, silencer etc. The sad part is that he still believes the car has a very low mileage and that he got a good deal....
10,000 is pretty low though, but I think it's possible to get an old model car with low mileage _but they are very expensive, which is why most Nigerian car dealers don't buy them, they'll have difficulties selling it here. He should run a VIN check to get the car's history, then see a professional auto mechanic.

That aside, a good rule of thumb to ascertain a car's estimated mileage is to multiply its age by 15,000miles, I've heard some people say 10000-12000miles .

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by Lexusgs430: 8:18am On Jun 13, 2017
Virginkpekus:

1st thing is HPI check.......
Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by linearity: 8:18am On Jun 13, 2017
mecussey:
Op are u saying its better to go straight to Cotonue and buy your motor..?

I think, he is saying that make sure you do a car history report, this way you know what you are buying.

Also, be careful with car fax report from dealers, always better to do one yourself. Also note one trick about carfax from dealers. If you ask them for the VIN, if the car has a problem, they might conceal it by giving you the VIN of a different but identical car...most people don't cross check the VIN on the carfx report they rely on to make their purchase with the actual VIN itched on the vehicle before driving off the lot or taking delivery...at this point you are so over joyed that you have pulled a big score or that your dream ride had finally arrived that you forgot the basic checks and balance.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by Lexusgs430: 8:20am On Jun 13, 2017
Not forgetting buy and drive away (they don't tell you it truly means, drive away to the mechanics garage)

Also AC only requires gas. You later realised it was a 150k bill to rectify.........

7 Likes

Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by Lexusgs430: 8:22am On Jun 13, 2017
PaperLace:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5488372_accidentedcar_jpeg2cb0e50f02cc6ac0da9748b0c77cde03
I'm more concerned about the occupants of this car, did they make it out alive? shocked. Damn! Did the car collide with Everest.

To the topic, some car dealers have argued that the fault is from customers _ they want A-list cars at a very low cost. In a country like Nigeria where people like shortcut to success, the aforementioned in the OP becomes the order of the day.

The car was probably a ' cut n shut '.......

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by bravesoul247(m): 8:25am On Jun 13, 2017
How can I know the vin of a car please?
Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by kindkingsley: 8:26am On Jun 13, 2017
How do i do VIN check for a car?

quote author=linearity post=57469583]

I think, he is saying that make sure you do a car history report, this way you know what you are buying.

Also, be careful with car fax report from dealers, always better to do one yourself. Also note one trick about carfax from dealers. If you ask them for the VIN, if the car has a problem, they might conceal it by giving you the VIN of a different but identical car...most people don't cross check the VIN on the carfx report they rely on to make their purchase with the actual VIN itched on the vehicle before driving off the lot or taking delivery...at this point you are so over joyed that you have pulled a big score or that your dream ride had finally arrived that you forgot the basic checks and balance.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Car Dealers In Nigeria Don't Want Car Buyers To Know by eustacey: 8:27am On Jun 13, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Tank Spotted Inside A Bus (Photo) / Policemen Cross Road With Rope In Minna When Trafficlight Turns Red / What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.