Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA (18602 Views)

Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss / 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG / Only 8 Parties Have Submitted Lists Of Candidates, Says INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by EdifiedCEO: 8:49am On Jun 13, 2017
The Nigerian Ports Authority says only eight agencies are allowed to operate at the ports in the country.

A statement signed by Principal manager, Public Affairs at the NPA, Ibrahim Nasiru, listed the 8 agencies and ordered that agencies not on the list should operate from outside.

The 8 agencies include- the Nigerian Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Nigerian customs service (NCS); Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA); Nigeria Police; Department of State Security (DSS); Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) and Port Health.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/06/only-8-agencies-allowed-to-operate-at.html

2 Shares

Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by NwaAmaikpe: 11:44am On Jun 13, 2017
shocked

What of NAFDAC

I dedicate my FTC to everyone posting after me.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by timilehin007(m): 11:45am On Jun 13, 2017
how does the news have impact on Bro sikiru life so that he will stop collecting credit from abubakar the mallam undecided
Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by mikool007(m): 11:45am On Jun 13, 2017
Don't think i'll be importing anytime soon bt cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by Godprotectigbos(f): 11:45am On Jun 13, 2017
Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by didfy: 11:45am On Jun 13, 2017
Thats nice of them if only those wayo people would see it and stay clear of people's money
Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 13, 2017
So, who dem pursue?

2 Likes

Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by herkeym001(m): 11:46am On Jun 13, 2017
I seconded BroZuma.
Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by seunny4lif(m): 11:46am On Jun 13, 2017
Which port?
Airport or Seaport?

Nigeria air force
Nigerian civil defense
Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by Evergreat2014(m): 11:47am On Jun 13, 2017
If it will reduce the corruption taking place there, it is a welcome development.
Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by free2ryhme: 11:47am On Jun 13, 2017
EdifiedCEO:
The Nigerian Ports Authority says only eight agencies are allowed to operate at the ports in the country.

A statement signed by Principal manager, Public Affairs at the NPA, Ibrahim Nasiru, listed the 8 agencies and ordered that agencies not on the list should operate from outside.

The 8 agencies include- the Nigerian Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Nigerian customs service (NCS); Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA); Nigeria Police; Department of State Security (DSS); Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) and Port Health.

police must dey there

king of extortion

5 Likes

Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by madridguy(m): 11:47am On Jun 13, 2017
tongue
Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by seunlly(m): 11:47am On Jun 13, 2017
That doesn't reduce the level of corruption
Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by free2ryhme: 11:47am On Jun 13, 2017
EdifiedCEO:

grin

Police extortion extraordinaire

from outside the port even on queue to the terminal

1 Like

Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by skilking: 11:48am On Jun 13, 2017
herkeym001:
I seconded BroZuma.
Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by exlinklodge: 11:50am On Jun 13, 2017
good
Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 13, 2017
herkeym001:
I seconded BroZuma.

I tire ooo
Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by akpamuomenka: 12:00pm On Jun 13, 2017
No SON, no NAFDAC.

1 Like

Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by Dottore: 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2017
NAFDAC should he included to checkmate the excesses of importers on edibles and medications. But since the exit of Dora, NAFDAC is dead

2 Likes

Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by positivelord: 12:05pm On Jun 13, 2017
what about Intels.....El-Rufia is taking this his fight with Atiku too far
Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by piagetskinner(m): 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2017
the so called Nigerian customs is the citadel of corruption
Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by masada: 12:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
what of NESREA
Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by tonquendo4u(m): 12:12pm On Jun 13, 2017
And SON has bn intimidating us
Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 13, 2017
I pity all those agent who always have to deal with these corrupt agencies every time they wan to bring in shipments.

The custom officers are the most corrupt, na because everybody dey deal with police that's why dem quick cast.
Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by greatwhite(m): 12:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
You guys should fix all roads leading to the ports. If u like remove everybody from the ports. It won't change the fact that the corruption at the ports resides mainly with the landlord and the chief tenant.

Clowns
Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by Ifeanyi080(m): 12:23pm On Jun 13, 2017
Kudos to you
Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by fineboynl(m): 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2017
I don't trust the police. they would have replaced the police with solders. and again the custom need to be checkmate they are the most corrupt in the port. the end up inflicting the pains on the masses after imports imposing charges on importers and the importers put the burdens on the masses.
Re: Only 8 Agencies Allowed To Operate At Nigerian Ports - NPA by bolseas(f): 12:27pm On Jun 13, 2017
1. NDLEA

2. NCS

3. NIMASA

4. NIGERIA POLICE

5. DSS

6. NIS

7. PORT HEALTH

8 ?.

I can see only 7 agencies...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dele Momodu: A Special Evening With Osinbajo, The Acting President / Balarabe Musa Offers Sowore Prp's Presidential Ticket, Rubbishes Obj's Third For / Nobody Will Leave Nigeria For You - PDP Replies President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.