Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

I Need A Technical Advise On Land Contruction - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Need A Technical Advise On Land Contruction (657 Views)

Here Is A Good Investment On Land- Now Selling Plots In Good Estates In Ikorodu / We are experts in building contruction,tilings,interlocking etc(New Pix / Texmex Global Services: Building And Contruction Services: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Technical Advise On Land Contruction by ganny1: 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2010
I have a land containing 3 bedrooms boys quater, but am planing now to use the remaining land to build four flat. Now, can any one estimate how much would it cost me to make the raft foundation, up to decking. Pls i need the analysis including the materials and the cost . Thanks
Re: I Need A Technical Advise On Land Contruction by oduz: 8:22am On Jan 23, 2010
You seem to know the importance of what u are asking for, but u need to be a little more careful.
No meaningful analysis can be made unless an engineer visits your site, & matches it with your architectural design, it is after his recommendations or design that you can have a basis for materials estimate & costing.
So take it step by step
1-If u don't have an architectural design, establish contact with someone who can help with that
2-Take your designer to site, (that's a must, the good ones know this)
3-Get your architectural plans done
4-Establish contact with an engineer, preferably one that has work experience in that kind of environ
5-Take him to site with your architectural plans
6-Use his analysis/design for your estimate
7-Start construction
These days people try to save money by allowing a pharmacist to do the job of a doctor, pharmacist & nurse, at worst it may cost a little more & one life may be lost.
Avoid using the same building professional for your whole design & build process, unless u extremely trust him, that process is filled with a lot of loopholes that may deconstruct your bank account & many lives may be lost.
If you think you still need further clarifications, you may reach me on arcmedia007@yahoo.com
Best wishes.
Re: I Need A Technical Advise On Land Contruction by ganny1: 11:11am On Jan 23, 2010
thanks alot. I have the design already, but i just need the rough calculation inorder not be cheated. I have the drawing plan, and am coming to nigeria in some months time. Pls help me with rough estimate, so that i can know how much to bring along.
Re: I Need A Technical Advise On Land Contruction by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 24, 2010
@ Oduz, well said.

@poster.
Even if you don't be very specific, give brief discriptions since all you want is a rough estimate.

Descriptions like location of the project, area of the building.

Nevertheless, u can budget about 10M for sand filling, raft, frame, and decking of 4 no. Of flats.

My mail is below if u nid mor info.
Cheers!
Re: I Need A Technical Advise On Land Contruction by ganny1: 11:58am On Jan 24, 2010
The location iis in Ajah environs, but not a swamppy area. Just only 4 flat with mater bedrooms each. Rough estimation materials and labour
1, Raft Foundation & German Floor
2, setting of the blooks
3, Decking
thanks
Re: I Need A Technical Advise On Land Contruction by Tosola: 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2010
I am a builder and i can give you estimate. But i cant do it without the necessary drawings, Not architectural drawing alone, but with structural drawings considering the location. If you have the soft copy you can attach it to a mail and send through the mail or if not, scan the drawings and send it through the mail or you can reach your architect or engineer to let you have the soft copy. If your architect or engineer are in Nigeria you can link us so as to get the drawings. My mail address is brand.specs@yahoo.com
Re: I Need A Technical Advise On Land Contruction by ganny1: 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2010
Thanks. ok i will scan it and send .
Re: I Need A Technical Advise On Land Contruction by Select(m): 3:25pm On Jan 24, 2010
Hi,
I work as a Town Planner with the Ministry of Physical Planning & Urban Development,here in Lagos.U can also send me a soft copy. My email is select500@yahoo.com or thru phone- 08023427793.
I will also be glad to help out with your Building Plan Approval from the Government.
Cheers!
Re: I Need A Technical Advise On Land Contruction by desse: 4:19pm On Jan 26, 2010
@ganny 1 am also an architect /builder in this forum you can forward the drawing to hopemanflee@yahoo.com or call me on +2348033506527,+2348073711489

cheers

osagie-architect

(1) (Reply)

Prime Property For Sale In Magodo / Lettings Round Lagos / A Very Decent 3bedrm And A Mini-flat @ Akowonjo ( Santos Estate)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.