Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,949 members, 7,814,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep (24278 Views)

Mosquito Village: Inside Lagos Slum Where Land Is Allocated At N2000 / Wireless Heat and smoke Detector / Massive Fire In Residential Lagos Neighbourhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by SmartyPants(m): 12:07pm On Jun 13, 2017
Festac town has 23 million residents?

Who gave this reporter a degree??
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by blazinginfo: 12:07pm On Jun 13, 2017
Mosquito, heat and Nigerians are close pals. There is nothing you can do about separating them
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by xynerise: 12:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
Festac is overhyped grin
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by Badonasty(m): 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
Evablizin:
kai why you quote all the post nah just because of your simple comment

wink
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by Saintp(m): 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
To be a Nigerian is not an easy thing. This is hell on earth.

1 Like

Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
Nice story, great description as well,you could feel the plight of morenike! Too bad Lagos is so hyped.

1 Like

Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by ZACHIE: 12:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
Report is spoiled by poor writing.
Too many unsolicited information littered the piece such that reading became boring.
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by ZACHIE: 12:14pm On Jun 13, 2017
SmartyPants:
Festac town has 23 million residents?

Who gave this reporter a degree??
Unsolicited over-description.
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by longjohnsilver: 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
Nigeria still have a long way to go, a friend shared a status update on whatsapp yday, cum see beta skyscrappers for Dubai, d place be like virtual future city but only that it is real, and na d same oil wey God use bless us dem use build up dia country oh.

If i get chance comot dis hell hole of a country i wont tink twice oh!!!

Instead of the youths to come together n fight our common enemy (politicians) all we do is fight ourselves over arewa, afonja n Igbo.

It is just hopeless men, f.ucking hopeless, everione keeps moving to Lagos, we need to develop other cities in the country too n ease d pressure on Lagos but all we do all day is look n check the tribe of a criminal and point fingers.

Una just deh start nii, rubbish country n daft citizens!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
Mosquito have kill me already, canal dey close to my house.

1 Like

Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by ifnyioj22(m): 12:18pm On Jun 13, 2017
Alaba express! I was in that neighbourhood in 1995 my first year in lag block 61,night life dia is something else! my dad had to sale his twin flat wen things started deteriorating,the only good news was that i met my wife of 12yrs in that enclave...

1 Like

Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by johnstar(m): 12:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
dapyd1:
What do you expect?

Apartment buildings like this are supposed to have service charge. This levy will be used to provide amenities in common. E. G. Cleaning of environment, water, power, etc.

But in Nigeria, everyone is concerned only with the insides of their house, nobody cares about the environment.

Go to Lekki phase one during the rainy season, big mansions will have flood in front of their gates. Instead of calling people to clear drainage or contribute money to fix the road. No. They'll go buy the latest SUV so they can pass the water and show off.

Naija, which way.

I also notice that once government builds roads and drainages, especially in Lagos, it becomes a competition on who can block it the fastest.
u said it all bro

1 Like

Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by jashar(f): 12:22pm On Jun 13, 2017
spartan117:
the first time I came to Lagos in my adult life via Lagos Ibadan expressway , I was greeted by a very terrible odour upon entering Lagos. i looked up and lo and behold I saw the most massive refuse dump I've ever seen in my life, and just at the base of the dump was a slum with at least over 400 residents

I was largely unimpressed with the standard of living of even d supposedly well to do in Lagos, housing is so poor.

well but lekki and vi are nice places to live in anyway

grin grin grin

i'm very sure that place was ibafo....
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by GEJDHERO: 12:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
:
fuckerstard:
Mosquito have kill me already, canal dey close to my house.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by Cromagnon: 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2017
BestOnlineDeals:
Ever heard of fumigation or ventilation? undecided
Mosquito net nko

1 Like

Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by Bullhari007(m): 12:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
akpamuomenka:
Festac where NEPA bill is more than the house rent.
abeg how much is there NEPA bill per flat
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by nextstep(m): 12:59pm On Jun 13, 2017
BestOnlineDeals:
Ever heard of fumigation or ventilation? undecided

1. There's barely any ventilation because everybody builds without care of air flow.

2. Nobody wants to bring their hard earned money to fumigate the property.
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by Maccoy507: 12:59pm On Jun 13, 2017
Funny write up but a literally sad reality.
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by clevadani: 1:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
Badonasty:

Na everywhere oo
E clear say them dey worry you.
So you had to quote the whole post just to reply
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by Maruchi203(m): 1:12pm On Jun 13, 2017
the most cruel duo
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by BestOnlineDeals(m): 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
nextstep:

1. There's barely any ventilation because everybody builds without care of air flow.

2. Nobody wants to bring their hard earned money to fumigate the property.

Then they shouldn't complain
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by vision2050: 1:24pm On Jun 13, 2017
I can eradicate those mosquitoes. just check my signature

Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by AleeDee(m): 1:24pm On Jun 13, 2017
I can sleep in a heatfull mosquitoless environment. Grab a net nd hang
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by chukxie(m): 1:33pm On Jun 13, 2017
Nice article. I love the writer's narrative style coupled with his funny way of playing with words. I once lived in Orile and Sari-Iganmu so I can relate to the picture the writer painted in the article. Thanks to God, levels don change!
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by Xcelinteriors(f): 1:41pm On Jun 13, 2017
Badonasty:

Na everywhere oo
Must you quote everything?
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by nextstep(m): 1:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
BestOnlineDeals:

Then they shouldn't complain

Yes indeed.

But chai... Lagos mosquitoes and heat is just too much.
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by ziga: 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2017
Mosquitos breed in standing water.

As long as we continue to have open gutters and poor drainage, Mosquitos will continue to chop.
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by Mavor: 2:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
What ever happened to Lagos of old... When Broad street was a sight to behold,
The days of Independence Building and Lagos Harbour, when driving through old carter bridge was like a trip to the future.

Lagos of today disgusts me.....

Dirty gutters, yahooboys, endless owambes, wayward girls, touts plus street urchins and mosquitoes
This is what massive urbanization and high population causes. Cities like Manila, large Indian cities, New York, large Latin American cities in Brazil have these issues but are dealing with in positive ways to mitigate them. Unfortunately for Nigeria, the government didn't anticipate or plan for the population explosion in the 60s/70s. People were busy looting infrastructure development funds. Anyone who has sense should realize that Nigeria is a lost cause and have a Plan B/Exit Plan. Suffering and Smiling, that's our problem. The average Nigeria doesn't have the balls to fight a revolution. The basic instinct of the man/woman on the street is how to survive.
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by comos: 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
ZACHIE:
Report is spoiled by poor writing.
Too many unsolicited information littered the piece such that reading became boring.

Forget about the english,

he has revealed the reality of Lagos.

Lagos is a poo on earth
Re: Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep by sammyrutherford(m): 2:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
probably she stays @ ujoelen extension cuz d extension i knw,we do have light for more than 10hrs

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bungalow House Plans / BEST QUALIT EXTERNAL WALL TILES FOR SPECIAL DEMAND / Landlords And Tenants' Rights In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.