Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,398 members, 7,843,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua (4156 Views)

BREAKINGNEWS: Buhari On Sick Bed In LONDON / President Yar'adua - 3 Years Remembrance / Is President Yar'adua Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by naijaswag1: 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2010
Bisijohn:

I hope the Ministers have not all sworn to oath of secrecy and loyalty till death? Will they have the courage to vote against the President who nominated them? Let us wait and see how event unfolds in Nigeria.

It is like this:if they vote that Yar'Adua is capable,he has to appear in Aso Rock to prove it or we will assume another dimension which will be crisis prone.
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by alanbolo(m): 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2010
am beginning to have hope for 9ja again.
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by Boboribo: 3:50pm On Jan 22, 2010
@lakesideng

The question is not whether Yar Adua is around or not.  The question is whether he is fit to discharge his duty as President.  Even if he returns today a true  Federal Executive Council ought to be a ble to tell us whether he is fit to continue as President.  Bit trust the Nigerian politician.  If he returns in a coffin they will still say he is fit.
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by naijaswag1: 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2010
alanbolo:

am beginning to have hope for 9ja again.  

Don't have hope;save yourself the trouble of grief.Uncertainty is hovering above the nation.The north can decide that VP can never be president and boom! coup d'etat.Anything is possible.Live like a Haitian.Expect the unexpected.You can only pray we get positive results in 14 days of  make or mar Nigeria.The most critical time of our nationhood since the coups preceding the Nigeria/Biafra War.
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by abubaka(m): 4:04pm On Jan 22, 2010
@all,

"The present leader leaders in both the senate and house of Representative is the worst set of leaders in the history of humanity.Nemesis will catch up with them.Just becos of their loyalty and allegiance to one man they are holding the whole country to ransome.After the revolution that is about to happen in Nigeria,we are going to chase all of them out of Nigeria."

Agree wit u and the reason for this their selfish action is because there is going to be leadership reshufflement in both the upper and lower chamber of the house due to zoning policy if Goodluck eventually bcom the acting president.
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by iyke100(m): 4:09pm On Jan 22, 2010
How can the same people appointed by the President declare him unfit to continue in office? I think most unlikely. The court ruling will just enable status quo to be maintained
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 22, 2010
All of them are loyal to the president and their party,pdp,so im not expectin much from this judgement
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by koolchicco: 4:21pm On Jan 22, 2010
Afunanya Ekwe!
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 22, 2010
Koolchicco
you can say that again cuz i dey feel you
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by SkyBlue1: 4:29pm On Jan 22, 2010
ABUJA, Jan 22 (Reuters) - Nigeria's cabinet will abide by a federal court ruling and decide within 14 days whether ailing President Umaru Yar'Adua is fit enough to continue his presidential duties, the attorney general said on Friday.
"We will abide by the judgement of the court. The Executive Council of the Federation will within 14 days, as directed, consider a resolution on the state of the president's health," said Attorney General Michael Aondoakaa. (Reporting by Camillus Eboh; Writing by Randy Fabi; Editing by Nick Tattersall)

That is all I saw in that press release. With the inclusion of that name, it wouldn't be too hard to deduce what decision would be "reached" at the end of the 14 days. The AGF is among one of the people in public office who really really really do need to lose their job and be replaced with more competent and sincere people if things are to seriously change.
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by olafemi(m): 4:45pm On Jan 22, 2010
These so called politicians are only buying more time to themselves by posting Nigerians indefinately,you guys should watchout for the next posting after the 14th day, as for Goodluck he will rule the presidental seat as a Vice lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by slap1(m): 4:47pm On Jan 22, 2010
The PDP said Yar'Adua has been discharged, now they are giving him 14 DAYS to come back. I guess that's how long the Saudi doctors say he's gonna need to recuperate, then he will recieve a hero's welcome.
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 22, 2010
slap1:

The PDP said Yar'Adua has been discharged, now they are giving him 14 DAYS to come back. I guess that's how long the Saudi doctors say he's gonna need to recuperate, then he will recieve a hero's welcome.

OBJ still have guys who will give him the latest intelligence reports. OBJ will not make the comments he made yesterday if the above is the case.

In fact OBJ's call for Yar'adua to resign is a generals call to rally some of his half-hearted troops. Things will progress quickly very soon. OBJ just said what Jonathan wanted him to say.

This is a clasical bad cop-good cop senario.
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by 77ken: 5:17pm On Jan 22, 2010
Guys hold on! let`s hear the attorney general of thieves` own interpretation of the ruling he comes up with the most stupid of them. I think the constitution he read in law school was written in tiv or idoma or whatever his tribe is. bloody mutallab angry angry angry angry angry
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by Golfer: 5:20pm On Jan 22, 2010
Yayale Ahmed, secretary to the government of the federation (SGF), tells senate "I have not seen nor spoken to Yar’Adua," since he let for medical.  I really would like to know NOW, who arranged the so called BBC interview then? Maduekwe said the same in London.

Maybe the senate should ask Turai! It is not funny.
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by na2day(m): 5:27pm On Jan 22, 2010
I've lost all HOPE in d project called 9jaria, another talk to prove to d demonstrating masses dat something is being done about d issue, very soon another bags of ghana must go will begin to circulate and we'll hear another story after d ultimatum. Good riddance to bad rubbish, i say "every man to his tent!" angry
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by Golfer: 5:36pm On Jan 22, 2010
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by 700john: 5:50pm On Jan 22, 2010
no sidon look rather look and laugh!
no bi naija we dey? people just dey run mouth any how.
Mr. President will definitely amaze you guys.
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by 700john: 5:57pm On Jan 22, 2010
Golfer:

Yayale Ahmed, secretary to the government of the federation (SGF), tells senate "I have not seen nor spoken to Yar’Adua," since he let for medical.  I really would like to know NOW, who arranged the so called BBC interview then? Maduekwe said the same in London.

Maybe the senate should ask Turai! It is not funny.

in fact, you are right, why BBC? guess the northern leaders have got a grid with BBC. key issue like this should be on CNN.
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by Fearcom(m): 6:12pm On Jan 22, 2010
Hey,i saw a link on face book just now that Yar'adua has left the hospital,trip back home maybe? Dunno if it's fact or fiction . . . . . undecided
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by slap1(m): 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2010
Post the link. Dat possible?
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by kobikwelu(m): 6:35pm On Jan 22, 2010
NA TODAY!!! as usual, them and their hot air!!!

*****whistles and moves on to more benefitial things****
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by naijaswag1: 6:38pm On Jan 22, 2010
Soon,abule ga ahu ndi kpu aturu in Nigeria then we know our fate.
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by McKren(m): 6:43pm On Jan 22, 2010
Aondoakaa is responsible for the floating of section 144 into the political discuss in his quest to render latest attempts by the NASS irrelevant and bring back the political discuss and determination in the hands of the FEC.

I think Aodoakaa's thinking here is he will be able to bully the FEC to get his will but he may meet his waterloo here because sure a lot of water has passed under the bridge since December 10.
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by alanbolo(m): 7:12pm On Jan 22, 2010
It's high time this Aondoakaa of a person meet his waterloo, enough is enough grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by goodiz(m): 7:41pm On Jan 22, 2010
Can Aondoakaa tie the legislators' hands?
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by nich(m): 7:44pm On Jan 22, 2010
let the countdown begin!
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by Boboribo: 7:54pm On Jan 22, 2010
Guys, just wait for the judicial abracadabra that will emanate from this judgment. Supposing the Court of Appeal says the FEC cannot be compelled to decide and the Supreme Court affirms the CA decision, what then.
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by Obinoscopy(m): 8:07pm On Jan 22, 2010
Why are we making a mountain out of a mole hill. The FEC has already ruled previously that Yar Adua is fit to govern this country. Aoandoakaa even when on to say that Yar Adua can rule Nigeria from any part of the world. So the Court demanding the FEC to proclaim Yar Adua fit or unfit is just like throwing water on stone. The FEC will not yield. Afterall they don't owe Nigerians any allegiance. We never voted them into office. They were brought in into the FEC by Yar Adua and you want them to bite the fingers that fed them. They will not yield becos they are african politicians.

With the situation of things, it is only the House of Assembly members that can justify that they are the true representatives of the people by passing a vote of no confidence on the Yar Adua administration based on the following reasons:
1) Inability to adhere strictly to the budget as passed into law by the House members
2) Inability to generate the 6000 Megawatts as promised by his adminsitration
3) The slowness in the carrying out of executive duties
4) His absence from the country for over 60 days
5) His poor state of health
6) His breach of the constitution by failing to hand over to his vice while on medical trip. . . . .etc the list is endless

With the passing of a vote of no confidence, they can go ahead to impeach him! The ball is in their court, the world is watching.
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by boyt1: 10:43pm On Jan 22, 2010
why are they hidding the fact that Yaradua is on Life support equipment, now if he is dead make it open. He is a public figure. Tension is raising daily, i wait to see how this one will be Rigged.
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by trueword: 11:05pm On Jan 22, 2010
hasn't the FEC already DECIDED that Yar'Adua is fit to rule? I don't know why they are getting 2 weeks to make up their mind. The court should be forcing them to show evidence that Yar'Adua is till capable of ruling. I don't think anything will come out of this. These are all just delay tactics. I bet we will be in March and will still not know where Yar'Adua is.
Re: Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua by presido1: 11:17pm On Jan 22, 2010
Why are you guys worried about Yaradua's sickness and absent, Nigeria has been sick for the past 49 years and we did not worry like this, is Yaradua bigger than Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soyinka Pulls Out Of President Jonathan’s “anti-terror” Rally In Lagos / Abstract From Buhari's Asset Declaration...he Is A Billionaire / Buhari Confused South East Geopolitical Zone with Igbo Tribe in his Media Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.