Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

4 Steps To Becoming A Medical Student And A Doctor - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 Steps To Becoming A Medical Student And A Doctor (1634 Views)

Five Fallacies About Being A Medical Student / Esther Adaobi Azom Gets Car From Ooni Of Ife As Best Graduating Medical Student / IMT Student And His "Customised Vehicle" Storm School In Enugu. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Steps To Becoming A Medical Student And A Doctor by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2017
Studying medicine has been the life long dream of millions, while many dream of this, it's reality is still elusive to several well meaning and deserving aspirants. This thread is to put paid to such happenings, as it is easier to become a medical doctor now than in any other time in history. The internet revolution, the knowledge explosion and digitalisation have left us without any excuse to actualising our dream.

The following step will guaranty that you get Medicine and Surgery and successfully graduate in record time:

1. THINK LIKE A DOCTOR: As funny as this seems, medical doctors are some of the most voracious learners you would see. Learn to be detailed, ask questions and be ready to learn from ur peers no matter how inappropriate it may seem. It's not what people say now that matters, it's where you get to in the end. I once saw a Zoology graduate complain that he used to teach a friend trigonometry in secondary school and he is now a "Chief" (whatever that means), yet the guy doesn't send him or give him financial aid anymore. While I saw such statement as plain foolishness, I also realised that Doctors can stoop low as babies to get what they want. Throw away pride, look for those who have strenght in the areas you struggle with, and humbly ask for help, you can raise your shoulders later.

2. LOVE PAST QUESTIONS: If you read the whole Ababio and PN Okeke without going through past questions, you will most likely remain on the average mark. Study hard, but make past questions your number one companion, consume them like your life depends on them. Later in medical school this habit will be your saviour, through the hard nuts of medical exams, primaries and residency. While lecturers complain of students recent academic laziness with the onset of the internet age, it is also a fact that lecturers have become even more lazy, there are no more new questions, all are recycled, if you enjoy past questions like children enjoy chocolates, chances are that you would stumble into the questions for the exams.

3. CHOOSE LESS COMPETITIVE SCHOOLS: What I mean is that the most important thing is to get ur MBBS degree and medical license, no one will ask you what school you finished from, as that would amount to a grossly foolish question. I see doctors everyday and not once have I asked what school they graduated from, in the sense of judging their competence, I can
only ask just as a social question. So when u have a good Jamb score, choose an Institution based on comparative advantage. I told a colleagues son to choose Delsu as against Benin last year, the dude scored 280, he was forced to against his will, as he always wanted a federal school but as an indigine of Delta state I knew he would get admitted in Delta state. The young dude did a change of course and he should preparing for 200level now. This advice medical elders in this room will never give you, because they are busy moving stuff about the course of facial nerve, and pathophysiology of heart failure, they are relaxed that they are in the system and care less if you do, as your coming in will make u see them less than a god as they currently make u feel, I kid u not.

4. VENTURE OUT: Some are sure that they would never score up to 200 in JAMB, yet they must and want to study medicine. If you are of means, venture out. Several schools in Ukraine, Philippines and Northern America have medical schools as business ventures, you can study there but would never be allowed to touch their citizens. Study there come back to Nigeria, obtain a licence and u become a doctor, no one will ever ask where you studied.

The above 4 steps will be your ladder as you venture into the uncertainties of medical admission. I am Sgt Ponzi Hater and I was born to tell the truth. Pls feel free to paste your testimonies on N/L as they mean a lot to me.

Innovate

Sgt Ponzi Hater

1 Like

Re: 4 Steps To Becoming A Medical Student And A Doctor by LMandela(m): 5:58pm On Jun 13, 2017
I dey come!
Re: 4 Steps To Becoming A Medical Student And A Doctor by Guitary(m): 5:58pm On Jun 13, 2017
Issokay
Re: 4 Steps To Becoming A Medical Student And A Doctor by hazan041(m): 7:23pm On Jun 13, 2017
I agreed with that number 3 sha dats wat I'm currently doin
Re: 4 Steps To Becoming A Medical Student And A Doctor by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
hazan041:
I agreed with that number 3 sha dats wat I'm currently doin

Give ur testimonies, when it works out.
Re: 4 Steps To Becoming A Medical Student And A Doctor by ISISs(m): 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2017
Am arround sir.
Re: 4 Steps To Becoming A Medical Student And A Doctor by FreshShavedBalls(m): 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2017
Medicine here i come.
Re: 4 Steps To Becoming A Medical Student And A Doctor by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 14, 2017
ISISs:
Am arround sir.
One love bro

1 Like

Re: 4 Steps To Becoming A Medical Student And A Doctor by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 14, 2017
FreshShavedBalls:
Medicine here i come.
Welcome on board

1 Like

Re: 4 Steps To Becoming A Medical Student And A Doctor by famosh: 1:26pm On Jun 16, 2017
Mostly true! But you got number 4 partially wrong. In the Philippines, medical students get more hands on experience than even medical students in the US, talk less of in Nigeria.
Re: 4 Steps To Becoming A Medical Student And A Doctor by GdexFolami(m): 5:06pm On Jun 16, 2017
I object to number two , study your books first before past questions or rather read them together but place more priority to textbooks and your notebooks .From experience my jamb this year I finished albabio chemistry and new school physics but stopped at 2010 in past questions for all the subjects ,day before my jamb .I was contemplating between finishing my revision with the textbooks or finish the past questions but I chose to finish with the revision and I ignored the past questions ,this decision helped me alot cus the last part that I revised like 5 to 6 questions came out from there in my Chem and physics .past questions only tells you the way the exam is being set ,asin the mode of the questions I.e the ways the questions will b asked .A friend of mine read his textbooks just a little and finished the past questions for all the subjects but he failed or let me say he didn't pass as expected .so to me place more priority to ya notes ,textbooks before past questions. Thank you all
#dofmig
Re: 4 Steps To Becoming A Medical Student And A Doctor by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 17, 2017
GdexFolami:
I object to number two , study your books first before past questions or rather read them together but place more priority to textbooks and your notebooks .From experience my jamb this year I finished albabio chemistry and new school physics but stopped at 2010 in past questions for all the subjects ,day before my jamb .I was contemplating between finishing my revision with the textbooks or finish the past questions but I chose to finish with the revision and I ignored the past questions ,this decision helped me alot cus the last part that I revised like 5 to 6 questions came out from there in my Chem and physics .past questions only tells you the way the exam is being set ,asin the mode of the questions I.e the ways the questions will b asked .A friend of mine read his textbooks just a little and finished the past questions for all the subjects but he failed or let me say he didn't pass as expected .so to me place more priority to ya notes ,textbooks before past questions. Thank you all
#dofmig

Learn to read and understand. Sgt Ponzi Hater never asked anyone not to read. In fact a statement before studying past questions said study hard, but as a neophyte in the business you'll never know the place of past questions until u get into medical school, and you are pressed with mind blowing professional exams, that's when those who go extra-miles to study past questions are distinguished. In fact A students join study groups for the sole purpose of studying and discussing past questions and doing physical examinations in clinical class. Reading is a must, but past questions stand you out.

Sgt Ponzi Hater
Re: 4 Steps To Becoming A Medical Student And A Doctor by GdexFolami(m): 12:40pm On Jun 17, 2017
sgtponzihater:

Learn to read and understand. Sgt Ponzi Hater never asked anyone not to read. In fact a statement before studying past questions said study hard, but as a neophyte in the business you'll never know the place of past questions until u get into medical school, and you are pressed with mind blowing professional exams, that's when those who go extra-miles to study past questions are distinguished. In fact A students join study groups for the sole purpose of studying and discussing past questions and doing physical examinations in clinical class. Reading is a must, but past questions stand you out.

Sgt Ponzi Hater
if reading is a must then you should have said past questions are very compulsory after reading ,I'm not castigating practicing past questions but how will u not read and b practising past questions ,its somehow ridiculous ,in a limited time reading comes first before past questions but both are compulsory for excellence .And also note this ,I'm not a neophyte in medical school stuffs .Don't judge a book by its cover. I'm not here to b saying story
Re: 4 Steps To Becoming A Medical Student And A Doctor by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 17, 2017
GdexFolami:
if reading is a must then you should have said past questions are very compulsory after reading ,I'm not castigating practicing past questions but how will u not read and b practising past questions ,its somehow ridiculous ,in a limited time reading comes first before past questions but both are compulsory for excellence .And also note this ,I'm not a neophyte in medical school stuffs .Don't judge a book by its cover. I'm not here to b saying story

Guy u need to learn. Number one already says be a voracious learner, even if it means asking from someone else, I think that cover reading and being detailed. This thread is for people seeking help, if you feel you know it all, pls keep off. God bless
Re: 4 Steps To Becoming A Medical Student And A Doctor by GdexFolami(m): 6:20am On Jun 21, 2017
sgtponzihater:

Guy u need to learn. Number one already says be a voracious learner, even if it means asking from someone else, I think that cover reading and being detailed. This thread is for people seeking help, if you feel you know it all, pls keep off. God bless
no one knows it all

.you're the one standing not to b corrected .well anyhow .#a tree can't mke a forest #as fearful as hyena is ,it can't leave alone in the forest

(1) (Reply)

Work In A Hospital Abroad / Shocking! See Juju Unn Students Dropped For Their Lecturers / Best Federal Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.