Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Is Masturbation/self Service Truly A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Masturbation/self Service Truly A Sin? (595 Views)

Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / Is Sport Betting Truly A Sin? / Is Masturbation A Sin?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Masturbation/self Service Truly A Sin? by GlobalGisting(m): 7:38am On Jun 14, 2017
By natural design, men and women have the urge for sex even unprovoked. A man wakes up in the morning and there is this standing ovation which he didn't cause. A woman on heat gets high as though she took some pills.
Pastors preach against it in churches even though the Bible itself did not and at no point expressly condemned it. Yes the Bible did say humans must avoid fornication and adultery as these are very serious sins committed against ones body. And the Bible also said that God always delivers his people. He provides escape route.
Biologically, lack of ejaculation has been associated with many illnesses as humans cannot direct how his/her sexual desires which gives rise to erection and accumulated cum goes.
My question is on what basis are preachers basing their condemnation of masturbation since the Bible never condemned it outrightly. Other things like cigarettes are confirmed killers. And as long as they kill it becomes obviously not good for health. Moderate Masturbation on the other hand has many health benefits so apart from the "usual" pastor's preaching which has no root in the Bible, Pls what other basis do churches have against Self help?
Oga Seun pls get this opinion to front page for a wider answers as this topic has so much importance to many smart youths in this age and time.

I am not for or against, just putting it the way a few young ones I met few days ago puts it.

2 Likes

Re: Is Masturbation/self Service Truly A Sin? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 14, 2017
There's is nothing like moderate masturbation.

The Bible said, the body is the temple of God.

Masturbation is a great sin before the Lord, OP if you practice self service, discontinue the act from today, pray to God and he will deliver you.

May God help us all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Masturbation/self Service Truly A Sin? by Kondomatic(m): 8:11am On Jun 14, 2017
Masturbation itself is not a sin but what's in your mind when you're masturbating. Masturbation as you may know is mostly the result of lustful thoughts
Re: Is Masturbation/self Service Truly A Sin? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 14, 2017
So I can't hold my dick again in peace. If I hold and stimulate every other part of my body nobody complains..
What's d difference..
Re: Is Masturbation/self Service Truly A Sin? by Kondomatic(m): 8:14am On Jun 14, 2017
Ighoga898:
So I can't hold my dick again in peace. If I hold and stimulate every other part of my body nobody complains..
What's d difference..
Which other part of your body dey commot catarrh when you stimulate am?

1 Like

Re: Is Masturbation/self Service Truly A Sin? by Nbote(m): 11:02am On Jun 14, 2017
Hehehehe... I swear u no well..
Re: Is Masturbation/self Service Truly A Sin? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 14, 2017
Kondomatic:
Which other part of your body dey commot catarrh when you stimulate am?
Nose
Re: Is Masturbation/self Service Truly A Sin? by Stinson007(m): 5:45pm On Jun 14, 2017
Masturbation is stigmatized and infact I think masturbation increases lustfulness ; since is self service you get isolated emotional and sometimes physically. Isolation could easily lead to depression and failure as no man is an Island. Meanwhile if one can handle masturbation with a reasonable degree of self control there is nothing wrong with it.
The position of the church is well understood, their modus operand operandi has always been by frightening and indoctrination, hence, they call it a sin to eternal damnation. Is cutting your hair too sin? Is bathing your self sin? If the body is a temple then masturbation is cleaning from lustfulness? One cent
Re: Is Masturbation/self Service Truly A Sin? by Uyi168: 10:48pm On Jun 14, 2017
Masturbation,most times is fuelled by lustful thoughts..i think thats where the problem lies..
Re: Is Masturbation/self Service Truly A Sin? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 14, 2017
Yes it is.

(1) (Reply)

"I Value My Goat More Than Jesus" Facebook User Rants / Traits Of Ogbanje Spirits. (part 1) / I'm Finally Free!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.