Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria (29972 Views)

My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam / A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo / Gay Lions Getting Intimate At Kenya's National Park (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by jieta: 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2017
g
Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by vanderbolt: 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2017
Very we hear bomb exploded killing 100 people. Fight terrorism first. Who will visit there you want die.
Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by Abradek(m): 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2017
Good news at last
I love this
Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by coptic: 12:48pm On Jun 14, 2017
iliyande:
it is Gashaka not Gashaki lalasticlala seun take note please
IndigenouspeopleofTaraba

You're from Taraba?
Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by Nakuza(m): 12:49pm On Jun 14, 2017
LastSurvivor11:
Beautiful I must confess but visit northerners Nigeria for site seeing at ur own peril..
Bros.Taraba state is peaceful, stop discouraging people from nature gift to nation.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by dayjee: 12:51pm On Jun 14, 2017
Beautiful smiley smiley
Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by claremont(m): 12:52pm On Jun 14, 2017
This isn't Nigeria. A simple Google search of this image shows that this is Ruaya National Park, Tanzania.

13 Likes

Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by SageTravels: 12:54pm On Jun 14, 2017
Keneking:
I doubt this is Nigeria grin

lolzzz. what will you do if you see kwa falls.

http://sagetravels.com/photooftheday-kwa-fall-cross-river-state/

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by Kenon9: 12:55pm On Jun 14, 2017
The Taraba governor recently warned the Army authorities that Boko Haram are presently relocating to the Taraba forests. So anyone going to this National park for site seeing is on his or her own...Be warned o
Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 14, 2017
iliyande:
it is Gashaka not Gashaki lalasticlala seun take note please
IndigenouspeopleofTaraba
IPOT

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by julioralph(m): 12:55pm On Jun 14, 2017
Evaberry:

I don't believe the park is actually like this
maybe Photoshop added life to It
cuz one thing I know is anything owed by state or federal government is not maintained.
besides why are there just few pictures of it
its real oo, I just did a little search on google to confirm it myself.

[b]The Northern, Gumti sector of the park is relatively flat and covered with woodlands and grasslands, whilst the Southern, Gashaka sector is more mountainous and contains vast expanses of rainforest as well as areas of woodlands and montane grassland. This rugged terrain is characterised by steep, thickly forested slopes, deep plunging valleys, precipitous escarpments and swiftly flowing rivers. Altitude ranges from 450 metres above sea level in the wild savannah plains of the Northern sector, to the peaks and pinnacles of Gangirwal in the Southern park sector, which at a staggering 2,400 metres above sea level, represents Nigeria's highest mountain.

It is the sheer variety of different habitats within Gashaka-Gumti National Park that makes the area so uniquely rich in wildlife. In fact the park is actually an intricate mosaic of montane grasslands, savannah woodlands, swamps, lakes, mighty rivers, dark lowland rainforests, and luxuriant, montane rainforests strewn with ferns and orchids. Each habitat supports its own distinctive community of plants and animals.

Rainforests provide a haven for animals such as the Giant forest hog, leopard, Yellow-backed duiker, Golden cat, and many different primate species including chimpanzees. Woodland savannahs are home to buffalo, lion, elephant, and Wild dog, as well as various antelopes such as waterbuck, Roan antelope, kob, hartebeest and the world's largest antelope, the Giant eland. The mountains of the park harbour populations of the rare Adamawa mountain reedbuck, in addition to Black-and-white colobus monkey, baboon, warthog, oribi, and klipspringer. Whilst its largest unspoilt rivers contain hippos, crocodiles, otters and a wide variety of fishes. The park is officially labelled as one of Africa's "Important Bird Areas" - and with more than 500 species found here, this is certainly no exaggeration. Visiting bird watchers constantly add new species to the list. An additional abundance of creatures such as butterflies, flowers and trees, makes this park a naturalists' paradise, unrivalled anywhere for diversity[/b]

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/gashaka/park/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by abusurv(m): 12:59pm On Jun 14, 2017
danthamccoy:
Adonbelievit. This is in Nigeria? And so many people are only just finding out? Did the elephants just appear from another dimension or is it that that park is the Garden of Eden where no man can enter?
please visit the place ,it is the largest game reserve in Nigeria and from there move to mambila plateau then you will know that such things called natural beauty do really exist.I served in Taraba state 2002/03 set

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by seguno2: 1:02pm On Jun 14, 2017
sarrki:
There is no elephant in gashaka gumti park

What is the basis of your statement?
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by iliyande(m): 1:03pm On Jun 14, 2017
coptic:

You're from Taraba?

sure BackandFront u?
Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by seguno2: 1:03pm On Jun 14, 2017
abusurv:

please visit the place ,it is the largest game reserve in Nigeria and from there move to mambila plateau then you will know that such things called natural beauty do really exist.I served in Taraba state 2002/03 set

Did you actually visit the park when you were serving in NYSC?
Did you see elephants if/when you visited?
Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by sarrki(m): 1:06pm On Jun 14, 2017
seguno2:

What is the basis of your statement?
Thanks

Just left gashaka baruwa precisely 3 days ago

I have a farm there

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by Romanciella(f): 1:07pm On Jun 14, 2017
Wow
Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by ifyain: 1:07pm On Jun 14, 2017
fake, only one of the pictures is real
Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by coptic: 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
iliyande:

sure BackandFront u?

Okay. That's good to know.

I am from Plateau.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by AreaFada2: 1:09pm On Jun 14, 2017
danthamccoy:
Adonbelievit. This is in Nigeria? And so many people are only just finding out? Did the elephants just appear from another dimension or is it that that park is the Garden of Eden where no man can enter?

Oyel nor let us see road.

At least Arewa will have own income source after Nigeria has divided. Until then oil will not make anything work.
Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by Prinzyy: 1:11pm On Jun 14, 2017
sarrki:
There is no elephant in gashaka gumti park
LIES.there are animals like sarki,zombie monkey,and chimpanzee tonguetongue

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by iliyande(m): 1:12pm On Jun 14, 2017
coptic:

Okay. That's good to know.

I am from Plateau.

all Kwararafa grin
Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by Leiman100(m): 1:15pm On Jun 14, 2017
coptic:
My blessed middle belt.
Taraba is north east
Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by FriendNG: 1:15pm On Jun 14, 2017
coptic:
My blessed middle belt.
Tenant it is our blessed north east.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by coptic: 1:15pm On Jun 14, 2017
iliyande:

all Kwararafa grin

That's us. grin

We all fight for kwararafa.

Our ultimate aim is a prosperous Kwararafa nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by coptic: 1:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
FriendNG:

Tenant it is our blessed north east.

When will you wise up?

I said middle belt; and not North Central.

You obviously don't know what the middle belt encompasses.

It will red for you Hausa/Fulani soon enough.

grin

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by FriendNG: 1:19pm On Jun 14, 2017
coptic:

When will you wise up?
I said middle belt; and not North Central.
You obviously don't know what the middle belt encompasses.
It will red for you Hausa/Fulani soon enough.
grin

Tenant I did not say Middle Belt. I said northeast Nigeria.
Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by coptic: 1:20pm On Jun 14, 2017
Leiman100:
Taraba is north east

I know that.

Except Middle Belt and North Central do not mean the exact same thing.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by coptic: 1:21pm On Jun 14, 2017
FriendNG:

Tenant I did not say Middle Belt. I said northeast Nigeria.

Landlord, if you want it so bad, come and take it.

Stay in your lane, oga land grabber.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria by FriendNG: 1:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
coptic:

Landlord, if you want it so bad, come and take it.

Stay in your lane, oga land grabber.

Who is land grabber? You're the one. Because Taraba has always been Northeast. I will rather advice you to stay in your Plateau state and zip your mouth or else risk deportation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience / Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) / Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.