Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,070 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove (1810 Views)

Shekau Weeps In New Audio, Seeks Protection Against Nigerian Soldiers' Firepower / Nigerians Protest In UK Against Nigerian Government Over Insecurity (Pictures) / Datti Baba Ahmed: El-Rufai Signs N1 Billion Law Suit For Defamation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by NigerianTabloid: 11:03am On Jun 14, 2017
Movement of the People of Nigeria, a civil society organisation has frowned at the suit instituted by some persons against Nigeria's military leadership before a United States (U.S.) District Court for the District of Columbia.

THE NIGERIAN noted that a United States (U.S.) District Court for the District of Columbia had granted leave to 10 Biafran plaintiffs to sue Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff, Gen. Tukur Yusuf Buratai, and 13 others for complicity in the 2016 torture and extra-judicial killings under colour of Nigeria law to retaliate for peaceful Biafran protests against ethnic or religious oppression.
Brought under the Torture Victims Protection Act and Alien Tort Claims Act Complaint, the plaintiffs are seeking millions of dollars as damages to compensate for their grievous losses and suffering.

Reacting, however, Chairman of the group, Innocent Oche Pita in a statement forwarded to THE NIGERIAN tagged the suit as a calculated attempt to rubbish the US judiciary for its liberal stand on human rights and protection of lives, abuse the law under which the suit is filed so that it no longer serves the purpose for which it was crafted, and to use it to cause strain in Nigeria – US relations.
According to him, “ Secrecy in a case that claims to be as grounded as the plaintiffs claimed is dubious as it implies that criminals can hide under such unanimity to further questionable agenda. The plaintiffs would only fear exposing their identities either because they are not real in the first place or that they are persons with criminal records in the US.”
He alleged that people behind the suit are not Nigerians and should stop dragging the name of the country's military to the mud.

He added that, “This is why we are worried that even non-Nigerians can be coached to give evidence since it is apparent that the people that filed the suit are not honest enough to show themselves.”
The group’s leader vowed that MOP will raise its own team of lawyer to confront anyone or any group that is out to rubbish the image of our great country or attempts to further diminish its citizenry in the eyes of citizens of the world.

“ Much as it is glaring that the US courts lack jurisdiction to try such issues, it is good to state clearly that there is no record or evidence that the Nigerian Military abused the rights of any citizen within or outside the territory of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and those who fear such are common criminals who had held the country by the jugular in the recent past through acts like banditry, kidnaping and gun-for-hire.
“The world is aware that Nigeria has suffered in the hands of terrorists and extremists and the Biafra agitators are another brand of terrorists that must not be admitted into the United States, Nigeria or any other peace loving nation. It will be wise for the Trump administration and the security agencies to discretely investigate the plaintiffs as regards their activities in the United State before they become the kind of nuisance that is presently threatening the United Kingdom and other European countries,” he added.

SOURCE..http://thenigerian.news/news/biafra-terrorists-behind-law-suit-nigerian-military-mop-warns-us-government/

Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by YorubaMod(m): 11:29am On Jun 14, 2017
tongue

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by NLandIsHypocrit: 11:33am On Jun 14, 2017
These fools actually made some remarks here, first they claimed that US Court has no Jurisdiction over the matter, and secondly they claimed that Nigeria army has never killed or abuse the rights of its citizens within or outside its territories, again they said that the armless and non violent IPOB are terrorists. Most times I wonder whether these people's brains functions with Nokia battery, and as a result always runs low do to lack of power in the zoo where they came from, how can an acclaimed matured man come on to the attention of the world and say that Nigeria army never killed or abuse the right of anyone whereas the videos, not even audio but videos evidences of the evils and animalistic killings of innocent IPOB members are everywhere online for everyone to see? Even when AmnestyInternational has their series of evidences, yet these hardened and unrepentant criminals think they're talking to babies, probably their fellow dunce brains. How can someone who is placing an essential demand without arms and violence be termed a terrorist while another who is sophisticatedly armed, have killed hundreds of innocent populace and they're called herdsmen? Yet non of the so called herdsmen has been condemned in their inhuman and terror act let alone arresting any of them, and you said these people don't need brain surgery? Why are they afraid of being tried in the Court? And based on their statements here, they're saying that they will either boycott the Court or disobey it just like it's their norm in their zoo republic. We have said it before and let me repeat it again, all those who participated in the killings of innocent IPOB members either directly or indirectly MUST pay a heavy price either physically, spiritually or both, but non of them will escape our nets of Justice even in their death. They must also know that the unstoppable quest for the restoration of BIAFRA MUST be accomplished and imminently.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by raker300: 11:35am On Jun 14, 2017
Who made this statement must be lost.

How can you say there're no evidence of human rights abuse when amnesty international has shown evidence.

How can you say the usa has no right to try such a case when the usa is the founder of the un, amnesty, usaid etc that nigeria is signatory to.

Nigerians lack sharp minds, honestly.

NB: person behind this a south southerner..the back stabbers since the beginning of time

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by anykProperties: 11:35am On Jun 14, 2017
ok
Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by EasternWind: 11:38am On Jun 14, 2017
U wicked souls should head to the court and defend urselves and stop littering the web space and disturbing people with thrash and unneeded articles.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by Agumbaa: 12:47pm On Jun 14, 2017
Paid lackeys, see you in court!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by ozowarac: 1:09pm On Jun 14, 2017
Dividing Nigeria is a small task.
We are done with they process.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by ChimaAdeoye: 2:01pm On Jun 14, 2017
grin grin grin

Burutai and other murderers should answer their court case and stop the childishness.

Abi its ISIS that sued them in the US? grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by HiddenShadow: 2:14pm On Jun 14, 2017
They are coming

They are coming

The Stars( Israelites ) are coming to help the people of the Sun ( Biafrans ) build a prosperous nation in 10 years

Burantai will go to jail for crimes against the Suns

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
NLandIsHypocrit:
These fools actually made some remarks here, first they claimed that US Court has no Jurisdiction over the matter, and secondly they claimed that Nigeria army has never killed or abuse the rights of its citizens within or outside its territories, again they said that the armless and non violent IPOB are terrorists. Most times I wonder whether these people's brains functions with Nokia battery, and as a result always runs low do to lack of power in the zoo where they came from, how can an acclaimed matured man come on to the attention of the world and say that Nigeria army never killed or abuse the right of anyone whereas the videos, not even audio but videos evidences of the evils and animalistic killings of innocent IPOB members are everywhere online for everyone to see? Even when AmnestyInternational has their series of evidences, yet these hardened and unrepentant criminals think they're talking to babies, probably their fellow dunce brains. How can someone who is placing an essential demand without arms and violence be termed a terrorist while another who is sophisticatedly armed, have killed hundreds of innocent populace and they're called herdsmen? Yet non of the so called herdsmen has been condemned in their inhuman and terror act let alone arresting any of them, and you said these people don't need brain surgery? Why are they afraid of being tried in the Court? And based on their statements here, they're saying that they will either boycott the Court or disobey it just like it's their norm in their zoo republic. We have said it before and let me repeat it again, all those who participated in the killings of innocent IPOB members either directly or indirectly MUST pay a heavy price either physically, spiritually or both, but non of them will escape our nets of Justice even in their death. They must also know that the unstoppable quest for the restoration of BIAFRA MUST be accomplished and imminently.
remove those pictures or your comment will be removed and you will be banned. Be cunning like a Fox
Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2017
Let the court decide and all these Buratai sponsored groups should keep quiet

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by yang(m): 2:44pm On Jun 14, 2017
The zoo baboons are now writing garbage to defend the killer and terrorist buhari who killed and murdered innocent people in Onitsha and other biafran cities

The blood of all the people killed is on the hands of all people who support the zoo called nigeria genocide government

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 14, 2017
NLandIsHypocrit:
I m totally in support of Biafra but, pls exempt all ss region from your map. Long live Biafra.
Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by id911(m): 3:15pm On Jun 14, 2017
beamtopola:

I m totally in support of Biafra but, pls exempt all ss region from your map. Long live Biafra.

Use your compass and draw or point where SS is in Nigeria map. There's nothing like SS in Geography. We have north, east west and south. We also have north-east, north-west, south-east and south-west. The so-called SS is part of the easten part of Nigeria.

Your education shouldn't be in vain. By the way I'm from Niger Delta

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by myright: 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2017
id911:

Use your compass and draw or point where SS is in Nigeria map. There's nothing like SS in Geography. We have north, east west and south. We also have north-east, north-west, south-east and south-west. The so-called SS is part of the easten part of Nigeria.

finishing

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 14, 2017
id911:

We have six political zones in Nigeria ss se sw NC NC nw . have shown u. If u insist on it. Then your Biafra will never come into reality.
Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 14, 2017
id911:

Which part of Niger delta are u? Don't tell me its IMO.
Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 14, 2017
I wasn't in support of Biafra b4 but nairaland opened my eyes I was blind b4 but now I can see
stop hating Biafra is already here
I don't need any prophet to tell me dat my peaceful country (Biafra)
I pledge to BIAFRA my country to be faithful and loyal to serve her with my heart, body and soul
plz terrorist keep OFF

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by NLandIsHypocrit: 6:18pm On Jun 14, 2017
beamtopola:

Is not in my power to remove any section in the map, but you can with your vote during referendum. Thank you.
Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by NLandIsHypocrit: 6:22pm On Jun 14, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
remove those pictures or your comment will be removed and you will be banned. Be cunning like a Fox
Ok! But......vvv

Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
NLandIsHypocrit:
Is not in my power to remove any section in the map, but you can with your vote during referendum. Thank you.
Then means referendum will be conducted in all parts of Nigeria, for any tribes that re interested in Biafra? If they can't conduct a referendum in all part of Nigeria ,why will there b a referendum in ss.
Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by NLandIsHypocrit: 6:35pm On Jun 14, 2017
beamtopola:

Then means referendum will be conducted in all parts of Nigeria, for any tribes that re interested in Biafra? If they can't conduct a referendum in all part of Nigeria ,why will there b a referendum in ss.
Unfortunately your opinion and thoughts are entirely irrelevant in the system.
Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2017
NLandIsHypocrit:
Unfortunately your opinion and thoughts are entirely irrelevant in the system.
U want to force us into joining Biafra, the same wey u people re complaining that Nigeria is forcing u into union. Telling us something abt hypocrite.
Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by NLandIsHypocrit: 6:45pm On Jun 14, 2017
beamtopola:

U want to force us into joining Biafra, the same wey u people re complaining that Nigeria is forcing u into union. Telling us something abt hypocrite.
No! But I don't know how to explain further to you, maybe when you grow up you may understand more.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 14, 2017
NLandIsHypocrit:
No! But I don't know how to explain further to you, maybe when you grow up you may understand more.
Leave grow up and let face the issue. Will re OK like that we don't want to alienate, we jux want to b alone.
Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by divads(m): 7:47pm On Jun 14, 2017
beamtopola:

Leave grow up and let face the issue. Will re OK like that we don't want to alienate, we jux want to b alone.
Can't you hear when you grow up gringrin
Re: Biafra: Terrorists Behind Law Suit Against Nigerian Military - MOP Warns US Gove by id911(m): 7:58pm On Jun 14, 2017
beamtopola:

We have six political zones in Nigeria ss se sw NC NC nw . have shown u. If u insist on it. Then your Biafra will never come into reality.

Which part of Niger Delta are u? Don't tell me its IMO

U be real mu.gu and illiterate! I teach u geography u still dey yan rubbish. Abi confirm akwa ibom guy, ask me anyfin about my town, village, anyfin i ko answer u. Anyway I have nothing to prove to you.

Leave Igbos alone, let them chat their own course. Weti u dey enjoy for this country self?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Reacts To Buhari’s Return / n / Happy Xmas To Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.