Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,056 members, 7,863,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:17 AM

Aregbesola Renews Call For Restructuring In All Sector - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Renews Call For Restructuring In All Sector (721 Views)

IPOB Protests Against Restructuring In Port-Harcourt (VIDEO) / Dignitaries At Ndigbo Summit On Restructuring In Awka (Photos) / We Don’t Need Restructuring In Nigeria – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola Renews Call For Restructuring In All Sector by Johnnyessence(m): 7:33pm On Jun 14, 2017
The Governor of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola on Monday called for restructuring of Nigeria into at least six regions as part of moves to reduce cost of governance and free resources for development.
He said since one of the reasons for political complications is agitation for presidency by the different regions, the country can do with a presidium which would contain one president from each region with each of six assuming head of the presidium one year each within six years.
Aregbesola made these calls while speaking at the 24th year celebration and remembrance of the annulled June 12, 1993 election of Chief Moshood Kosimowo Olawale Abiola.
According to Aregbesola, it is time Nigeria was restructured in line with the federal system of government being operated in India.
He said in India, states are created based on people who speak the same language and have same cultural identities.
He said Nigeria should return to a parliamentary system of government if the country does not want to end up with indebtedness.
He said the federal system of government that operates 36 states can not work in the face of the economic realities, adding that the country’s revenue can not manage the system of government it operates.
He suggested that the state in the country be pruned to six states, based on Geo-political zones and that each state should have a president elected to serve a single term of six years.
He said like the parliamentary system of government, the six presidents will elect a president that will head the country for one year and after each year a new president will be elected among the remaining ones, making it rotational.

He said in the case of the annulment of the June 12, 1993 election, those behind the annulment are enemies of Nigeria and the Black race, because the presidency of Abiola would have eradicated poverty in the country
He said, ” One major significance of the annulled June 12 elections is that M.K.O Abiola wanted poverty to be a thing of the past in Nigeria.
“Abiola meant total growth for the common man, that’s why he tagged his manifesto “farewell to poverty.” He attempted to banish poverty in all spheres of Nigerian life.
“Its a pity that the elections adjudged to be the most free and fair in the history of Nigeria was annulled without any tangible reason.
“If Abiola was allowed to rule for just four years, I can bet it with anybody that Nigeria would have been a better place today.
“The truth is that those behind the annulment of that election are the real enemies of the common man in Nigeria. They are also the enemies of growth and development of the country.”
Aregbesola said for the country to progress it’s people need to come together as one as there is strength in unity.
He averred that the current presidential system of government the country is running is very expensive and the nation’s resources cannot sustain it.
He thus called for restructuring of the federalism and a rethink towards the parliamentary system of government the country operated during the First Republic.
Speaking on the need for Nigeria to grow and develop beyond its current state, Aregbesola stated that the growth of Nigeria is very key to the development of the black man all around the world.
He said for any black man from any part the world to be viewed with dignity and respect, Nigeria needs to be great, stressing that among every two or three black man in any part of the world is a Nigerian.
The governor stated further that if the nation must move forward, then every Nigerian must begin to have a collective mind and do away with self.
“It is funny that if Nigeria does not progress as a nation the entire black race in the world is doomed.
“Nigeria must grow and develop if we want the Black man to be viewed with dignity and respect We must begin to do away with self if we want to move forward as a nation.
“We need to go back to the parliamentary system of government in a bid to reduce the cost of running government in Nigeria,” Aregbesola stated.
source:http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/06/aregbesola-renews-call-for-restructuring.html
lalasticla
seun
mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Renews Call For Restructuring In All Sector by TheFreeOne: 8:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
True talk.

I am ok with either restructuring into regional, parliamentary, fiscal federalism or we break up into different countries cos the present structure won't work, has never worked in favor of the masses and doing same thing over and over again and expecting different result is foolishness.

Continuing present system of government where the poor and downtrodden are continuously sacrificed in the name of one Nigeria favors only the establishment and those benefitting from the fraud we call government.
Re: Aregbesola Renews Call For Restructuring In All Sector by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2017
I guess this is the right time for you to make this call after you've eaten your own cake. you want restructuring; yet you augmented the numbers of local government in your state despite the fact that you hardly pay the half salary to your workers but want. federal government to reduce its number of states? "Kontinew"
Re: Aregbesola Renews Call For Restructuring In All Sector by Johnnyessence(m): 12:51am On Jun 15, 2017
ShobayoEmma:
I guess this is the right time for you to make this call after you've eaten your own cake. you want restructuring; yet you augmented the numbers of local government in your state despite the fact that you hardly pay the half salary to your workers but want. federal government to reduce its number of states? "Kontinew"
restructuring is the best solution for now. They should revisit the confab report here.
Re: Aregbesola Renews Call For Restructuring In All Sector by Johnnyessence(m): 12:53am On Jun 15, 2017
TheFreeOne:
True talk.

I am ok with either restructuring into regional, parliamentary, fiscal federalism or we break up into different countries cos the present structure won't work, has never worked in favor of the masses and doing same thing over and over again and expecting different result is foolishness.

Continuing present system of government where the poor and downtrodden are continuously sacrificed in the name of one Nigeria favors only the establishment and those benefitting from the fraud we call government.
the best solution for now is restructuring.the legislatives should revisit the confab report.
Re: Aregbesola Renews Call For Restructuring In All Sector by Candyrain(m): 3:15am On Jun 15, 2017
Didn't know Ogbeni Aregbe had this in him.

Nice one Aregberascal. Pls sing it to the hearing of ur party members.
Re: Aregbesola Renews Call For Restructuring In All Sector by Candyrain(m): 3:22am On Jun 15, 2017
Johnnyessence:
According to Aregbesola, it is time Nigeria was restructured in line with the federal system of government being operated in India.
He said in India, states are created based on people who speak the same language and have same cultural identities.

http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/06/aregbesola-renews-call-for-restructuring.html
lalasticla
seun
mynd44

If this can also be done it would be very good.
Re: Aregbesola Renews Call For Restructuring In All Sector by Kingspin(m): 3:44am On Jun 15, 2017
Basket mouth.
Re: Aregbesola Renews Call For Restructuring In All Sector by chriskosherbal(m): 3:47am On Jun 15, 2017
Expected..... well done.
Re: Aregbesola Renews Call For Restructuring In All Sector by Nobody: 4:26am On Jun 15, 2017
Very good, we need our politicians to speak up
Re: Aregbesola Renews Call For Restructuring In All Sector by kenny987(f): 4:32am On Jun 15, 2017
ShobayoEmma:

If u keep toeing this line of reasoning, nothing will ever work. There is need for fundamental changes to be made and that begins with d political, economic and financial structure of the country. Is our federalism supposed to enhance development or be a centre of feeding frenzy where the privileged only come to 'eat their own cake'?
Re: Aregbesola Renews Call For Restructuring In All Sector by ShobayoEmma(m): 6:53am On Jun 15, 2017
kenny987:

If u keep toeing this line of reasoning, nothing will ever work. There is need for fundamental changes to be made and that begins with d political, economic and financial structure of the country. Is our federalism supposed to enhance development or be a centre of feeding frenzy where the privileged only come to 'eat their own cake'?
Let me break it down for you if you find it hard to comprehend my simple logic in my initial post. What i meant is that 'those who speak the truth when it favours them are chronic liars'. He is a liar because he didn't demand for it when he knew it would affect his office but now that he's already through with his two terms; he now has the gout to. Go through my initial posts here on nairaland and my other socia media you will that i'm totally in support of division of the the country or its restructuring.
Re: Aregbesola Renews Call For Restructuring In All Sector by Johnnyessence(m): 7:49am On Jun 15, 2017
ShobayoEmma:
Let me break it down for you if you find it hard to comprehend my simple logic in my initial post. What i meant is that 'those who speak the truth when it favours them are chronic liars'. He is a liar because he didn't demand for it when he knew it would affect his office but now that he's already through with his two terms; he now has the gout to. Go through my initial posts here on nairaland and my other socia media you will that i'm totally in support of division of the the country or its restructuring.
waoooo what a great reply here. The way to go in Nigeria is restructuring. The present system isn't working.
Re: Aregbesola Renews Call For Restructuring In All Sector by anonyguy: 8:12am On Jun 15, 2017
Story.. He should pay up his workers sha.

Meanwhile My canon t4i 650D is for sale with 18-55mm lens, two batteries, and a free bag.

Check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3846713/canon-t4i-650d-sale

(1) (Reply)

IPOB And Those Agitating For Nigeria’s Breakup Will Fail – Okorocha / Nigerian Airforce Personnel Emerges Best Phd Student At Babcock University / APC! APC!! Apc!!!...lagos Rules!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.