Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Jos Crisis: Why Nigeria Should Take Referendum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Crisis: Why Nigeria Should Take Referendum (1154 Views)

Poll: IS NIGERIA RIPE TO TAKE REFERENDUM OF DIVISON INTO CONFEDERATE STATES?

YES: 20% (2 votes)
NO: 20% (2 votes)
URGENTLY: 60% (6 votes)
IN FUTURE: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Fuel Crisis: Why We Create Scarcity – Marketers / Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis / Jos Crisis: Why We Struck –fulani Settlers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos Crisis: Why Nigeria Should Take Referendum by archangel1(m): 12:07am On Jan 23, 2010
Many innocent citizens of Nigeria have lost their lives to the virtually annual ethno-religious crisis  that is bedeviling Nigeria over the decades especially in the northen part of the country. Shall we continue to lose more lives  in the name of unity? shall I say  maintaining the ill-fashioned and imperial-oriented Lugard's  philosophy of amalgamation to the detriment of a lasting peace? At a period like this,it is fitting to underscore the resolved referendum plan by Sudan to nip in the board the politico-religious tension bedevilling their nation for long. A REFERENDUM TO DIVIDE NIGERIA IN TO  CONFEDERATE STATES /SUFFRAGAN STATES WILL DEFINITELY BRING THE PERCEIVED RELIGIOUS TENSIONS TO A LASTING SOLUTION. the blunt truth is that Nigeria is living in a cosmetic belief of unity and peace. What is latently keeping Nigeria together now is her Oil resource. Belief it or not(though not praying for it), next  year or even this year again, another religious crisis will be prosecuted in another part of the Northern Nigeria. NORTHERN NIGERIA IS EVIDENTLY  MOST  VOLATILE AND PRECARIOUS PLACE IN THE WEST AFRICA AS FAR AS RELIGIOUS FANATICISM  AND MASACRE IS CONCERNED, LET US DIVIDE NIGERIA NOW FOR PROPER IDENTITY AND SECURITY OF LIVES.
Re: Jos Crisis: Why Nigeria Should Take Referendum by ezeagu(m): 12:10am On Jan 23, 2010
You're going to get attacked by untalented and visionless people without any ideas apart from 'one Nigeria' in 3, 2, 1. . . . . . .
Re: Jos Crisis: Why Nigeria Should Take Referendum by Omolulu(m): 12:12am On Jan 23, 2010
Why take a referendum? we have had a sovereign national conference and we could have one again, the irony is interests are just so many such activities nearly amount to a waste of time, think of all the numerous plans, blueprints and election that would have made not only N.Nigeria but the other regions into a better place. what happened to all those ideas? did anyone listen? i think Nigeria's situation is like a cup,and like a cup it is getting full, only a war or revolution(sad as it is) can make people wake up to the reality that we have ourselves to blame and are responsible for our misfortune.
Re: Jos Crisis: Why Nigeria Should Take Referendum by Sunofgod(m): 12:21am On Jan 23, 2010
We allowed the opportunity to slip in 1960 -  In order to achieve it now much blood must be shed!

"Nigeria was granted full independence in October 1960, as a federation of three regions (northern, western, and eastern) under a constitution that provided for a parliamentary form of government. Under the constitution, each of the three regions retained a substantial measure of self-government. The federal government was given exclusive powers in defense and security, foreign relations, and commercial and fiscal policies. In October 1963, Nigeria altered its relationship with the United Kingdom by proclaiming itself a federal republic and promulgating a new constitution. A fourth region (the midwest) was established that year. From the outset, Nigeria's ethnic, regional, and religious tensions were magnified by the significant disparities in economic and educational development between the south and the north"
Re: Jos Crisis: Why Nigeria Should Take Referendum by archangel1(m): 12:24am On Jan 23, 2010
You're going to get attacked by untalented and visionless people without any ideas apart from 'one Nigeria' in 3, 2, 1. . . . . . .

of course one nigeria! one forum of massacre!
Re: Jos Crisis: Why Nigeria Should Take Referendum by archangel1(m): 12:39am On Jan 23, 2010
I passionately asked for a very serious ponderance on this topic by nairalanders if they understand the enormity of innocent souls lost to northen-manufactured pogrom in nigeria's history. Lets egender revulotion regardeless of what our national representatives are propagating at abuja. i foresee another full scale civil war.lets make hay will the sun shines.Nigeria is not solidly united as we percieved. A U.S SUVERY HAD PREDICTED THIS, A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO, THAT NIGERIA IS ON THE VERGE OF BREAKING BY 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!the unfolding developments seems to atune to that prediction.
Re: Jos Crisis: Why Nigeria Should Take Referendum by Goldmind1(m): 11:43am On Jan 23, 2010
With all these thigns happening, am now beginning to reget the advice my friend gave me when we left university. He asked me what I would like to do, I told him I'ld work a little, then enter business and politics to help save the Nigeria. He laughed mercilessly at me and said he was looking for a student visa to move into Cananda and naturalize there, that Nigeria has no remedy at all.

After the discussion, I was pitying him and he was as well pitying me. But today, I am beginning to prove him right and I believe he made it to Cananda because he was comitted to the vission.
Re: Jos Crisis: Why Nigeria Should Take Referendum by Goldmind1(m): 11:46am On Jan 23, 2010
With all these thigns happening, am now beginning to reget not taking the advice my friend gave me when we left university. He asked me what I would like to do, I told him I'ld work a little, then enter business and politics to help save the Nigeria. He laughed mercilessly at me and said he was looking for a student visa to move into Cananda and naturalize there, that Nigeria has no remedy at all.

After the discussion, I was pitying him and he was as well pitying me. But today, I am beginning to prove him right and I believe he made it to Cananda because he was comitted to the vission.
Re: Jos Crisis: Why Nigeria Should Take Referendum by edoyad(m): 6:43am On Jan 24, 2010
Well Goldmind, i say the same thing to myself all the time; but who will fight for the defenseless if we all move away ?
Re: Jos Crisis: Why Nigeria Should Take Referendum by archangel1(m): 4:45pm On Jan 26, 2010
it is being speculated that the g.o.c in jos and his moslem millitary counterparts fuelled the second phase of the jos mayhem which claimed the lives of a larger number of nigerian citizens.it is a call for objective and thorough investigation

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Approves $2bn Excess Crude Funds For Sharing / Is Absconding From Duty No Longer A Criminal Offence? - Where Is Yar'adua? / Re: Igbo States Are Not Lagging Behind In Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.