Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset (26021 Views)

What Good Phone Supports Spectranet 2300mhz 4G Band? / How To Know If Your Phone Supports Android nougat / How To Know If Your 4G LTE Phone Supports Any Of The Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by bravesoul247(m): 10:29am On Jun 15, 2017
All those VR headsets use the smartphone as a display device. But, it is worth to note that you cannot use all the devices in that VR display. Your smartphone must support the Virtual Reality thing in order to use as a display in those VR headsets.
If you are planning to buy a virtual reality headset or VR Headset that uses a smartphone as a display, it is worth to check if you have a virtual reality compatible phone. In this post, we are adding few ways to check if your phone supports Virtual Reality headset.

*Requirements

Before you check VR compatible smartphone, you should know the basic requirements for a phone to support virtual reality headset. The phone should have Gyroscope sensor for any VR apps to work in it. The Gyroscope is a sensor that provides orientation information with greater precision. Other important things are Magnetic Field Sensor and Internal Compass. The Magnetic field sensor is capable of sensing the magnetic field of the earth ( by using Halls effect) and helps in determining the Direction. Using the navigation app with magnetic Compass turned on, the navigation will be more precise.

*Main components of the phone to support VR headset:

Gyroscope
Magnetic Field Sensor
Internal Compass (recommended)
NFC (optional)

*How to check if your phone supports Virtual Reality headset

These are few ways to check if your phone supports virtual reality.
1. Freefly VR
Freefly VR is a website which has compiled the list of smartphones which are compatible with VR headsets. You can check this website to see if your smartphone is listed there. In case, your smartphone is not listed, you can still have a chance. So, try the next way.

2. Google Cardboard or other apps to check
Open Play Store and search for ‘Cardboard’ app by Google
. This app comes with a demo of VR. If your phone is compatible this app, your phone will support virtual reality headset. To be surer, you can also test with other third-party apps like SensorBox, EZE VR and VR Checker.
Apps Download Links:
Download SensorBox from Google Play
Download EZE VR from Google Play
Download VR checker from Google Play
With these two methods, you can easily check if your phone supports VR headsets.
Another good way to check is the ability to play 360-degree videos. If your phone supports 360-degree videos on YouTube and Facebook, your phone will also support virtual reality headsets.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by MizMyColi(f): 10:50am On Jun 15, 2017
I first experienced VR tech on a device called VSUN.
It was a scary thing for me.
Honestly, I hate virtual realities.
So when I saw that VR is also enabled on my Camon CX via google services, I didn't bother setting up.
Those that like it can do it if it's enabled on their device, but for yours truly?
It's a No No!

4 Likes

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by paolokonqueror(m): 11:45am On Jun 15, 2017
are there any special advantages of the VR headsets?

1 Like

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by Realboygenius(m): 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2017
Virtual reality is the future...anyone seen a 360° video on a VR box ...it's cool

1 Like

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by bravesoul247(m): 1:40pm On Jun 15, 2017
Though I'm yet to get the headset but I thank God my Samsung device is enabled. Oshey!
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by bravesoul247(m): 1:41pm On Jun 15, 2017
Cc,
lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Obinoscopy

Please this is great info, let people know how to determine if there phone supports the VR gaming.
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by bravesoul247(m): 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2017
paolokonqueror:
are there any special advantages of the VR headsets?
its called virtual reality meaning you'll be playing games and it will seem like you're the one actually in the game.

4 Likes

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by Ejadike(m): 1:57pm On Jun 15, 2017
Wow... Great one. I just checked now and realised my Samsung note 4 supports it too. Great info op

2 Likes

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by Jaculze(m): 2:05pm On Jun 15, 2017
Op. This is nice but do you think I can use it on my iPhone 6?
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by travelguide(m): 2:29pm On Jun 15, 2017
Nice read op. I use a Tecno Device. Will it work?
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by bravesoul247(m): 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2017
travelguide:
Nice read op. I use a Tecno Device. Will it work?
Which tecno device is that?
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by bravesoul247(m): 2:46pm On Jun 15, 2017
Jaculze:
Op. This is nice but do you think I can use it on my iPhone 6?
yes! It will work. Just follow the directives I gave.

3 Likes

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by travelguide(m): 2:50pm On Jun 15, 2017
bravesoul247:
Which tecno device is that?
Tecno Camon CX
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by bravesoul247(m): 2:51pm On Jun 15, 2017
travelguide:
Tecno Camon CX
it should na. I believe it can work
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by TappGroupNG: 4:27pm On Jun 15, 2017
My Tecno L9 supports VR!
Enjoyment of life
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by EvilMetahuman: 5:37pm On Jun 15, 2017
My blackberry curve 2 supports it.
Nice.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by Realboygenius(m): 5:49pm On Jun 15, 2017
travelguide:
Tecno Camon CX
CAMON CX SUPPORT VR
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by TappGroupNG: 6:04pm On Jun 16, 2017
It does
bravesoul247:
it should na. I believe it can work
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by travelguide(m): 7:14pm On Jun 16, 2017
Realboygenius:

CAMON CX SUPPORT VR
Thanks. I checked it out yesterday.

Cc;
lalasticlala
Seun
Obinoscopy
Mynd44

Help this guy push to fp. This is valuable information atleast.
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by OluwaSemilore12: 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2017
travelguide:
Tecno Camon CX

It will work, Cx supports VR
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by Jadoskii(m): 8:50pm On Jun 16, 2017
My htc m7 nko o..will it work
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by Caustics: 8:51pm On Jun 16, 2017
just download this app

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by ip2121918021(m): 8:51pm On Jun 16, 2017
Just buy samsung grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by fineboynl(m): 8:54pm On Jun 16, 2017
what about hot 3 infinix
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 16, 2017
Canon CX on my mind

1 Like

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by ppkoko: 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2017
What is vr

1 Like

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by shumuel(m): 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2017
I know Ipad will not be supported smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by scarletkinq(m): 9:00pm On Jun 16, 2017
Nma27:
Canon CX on my mind
camon bae thank me later

1 Like

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by ALAYORMII: 9:02pm On Jun 16, 2017
Ewo tun ni virtual reality headset

8 Likes

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by eleojo23: 9:02pm On Jun 16, 2017
Watching videos on VR headset can make one dizzy sha

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Text Messaging / Over 1 Million Downloaded Fake Whatsapp! Checkout If You Are Among- Screenshots / Some Whatsapp Rules For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.