Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Wizkid Reminds U.S. Radio Hosts That 'africa' Is Not A Country (photo) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Reminds U.S. Radio Hosts That 'africa' Is Not A Country (photo) (1286 Views)

Davido Interview With U.S Radio Host DJ Self (video) / Rape: MC Galaxy Reminds Dorcas Shola Fapson Of When She Called Him A Liar (Karma / 'my Parents Still Stay In The Ghetto' - Wizkid On U.S Radio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid Reminds U.S. Radio Hosts That 'africa' Is Not A Country (photo) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 15, 2017
Nigerian singer and songwriter Wizkid visited a US radio station, and told them exactly what they had to hear.

A clip circulated on Twitter on Tuesday shows Starboy speaking about his music on Los Angeles commercial station 92.3's hip-hop show "The Real After Party".

Bootleg Kev, who co-hosts the show with DJ Damage, said: "We're going to go hang out with him in Africa." The soft-spoken Wizkid responded with: "Lagos, Nigeria," perhaps a reminder to him that Africa really is not a country.

They then joked that if Wizkid were to have a concert in LA, they would only play "One Dance" by Drake, which features Wizkid.
"I don't know what we're going to play, besides Drake 'One Dance'," Bootleg Kev said.

"Would 'Mask Off' by Future be something that would get played in Nigeria?"

"Definitely. Like, let's not be ignorant, bruh," the musician responded.

"We are very ignorant," was the response from another in the room, with resounding repetitions from two DJs.

"We have the internet, so like the people are very, very aware of the music. They get it the minute it gets out. But what we love to party to is our shit," he said, before listing musicians such as himself, Wonderboy and 2face Idibia.

"That's our music."
Do not mess with us, 92.3..

http://m.huffingtonpost.co.za/2017/06/14/wizkid-reminds-u-s-radio-hosts-that-africa-does-in-fact-have_a_22172295/

Re: Wizkid Reminds U.S. Radio Hosts That 'africa' Is Not A Country (photo) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 15, 2017
Gd
Re: Wizkid Reminds U.S. Radio Hosts That 'africa' Is Not A Country (photo) by stephleena(f): 3:06pm On Jun 15, 2017
good for him
Re: Wizkid Reminds U.S. Radio Hosts That 'africa' Is Not A Country (photo) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 15, 2017
Wizkid's fans ATM ...

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Reminds U.S. Radio Hosts That 'africa' Is Not A Country (photo) by 10eola(m): 3:08pm On Jun 15, 2017
I enjoyed this interviewcheesy

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Reminds U.S. Radio Hosts That 'africa' Is Not A Country (photo) by stephleena(f): 3:08pm On Jun 15, 2017
uzoclinton:
Gd
even booking,space for ur own thread... very "kwarupt"...

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Reminds U.S. Radio Hosts That 'africa' Is Not A Country (photo) by smardray(m): 3:18pm On Jun 15, 2017
When naija fm has been struggling to get him to an interview.... O tie ti da be
Re: Wizkid Reminds U.S. Radio Hosts That 'africa' Is Not A Country (photo) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 15, 2017
stephleena:

even booking,space for ur own thread... very "kwarupt"...
lol... not my fault.... its hard to make ftc in other people's post ..
Re: Wizkid Reminds U.S. Radio Hosts That 'africa' Is Not A Country (photo) by ObaKlaz: 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2017
Just as you Africans need to be told that America is a CONTINENT, not a country, and that The U.S is only a part of North America.
Y'all be like "I was in America last month..."

Mtcheeew!
Re: Wizkid Reminds U.S. Radio Hosts That 'africa' Is Not A Country (photo) by Jaynom(m): 3:55pm On Jun 15, 2017
These guys were sarcastic!
Re: Wizkid Reminds U.S. Radio Hosts That 'africa' Is Not A Country (photo) by Jaynom(m): 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2017
ObaKlaz:
Just as you Africans need to be told that America is a CONTINENT, not a country, and that The U.S is only a part of North America.
Y'all be like "I was in America last month..."

Mtcheeew!
Good point but you can't blame alot of misinformed Africans for thinking The U.S alone makes up "America".
USA is the most powerful/popular and influential of all them so when people say "America" the US comes to mind. It's different when you talk about Africa, where exactly are you going?? Plus given their level of education, arrogance and so called "awareness" of the "white man" they should know better.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Reminds U.S. Radio Hosts That 'africa' Is Not A Country (photo) by Chidexter(m): 4:30pm On Jun 15, 2017
They are just too daft to know the difference. They think they know all, this is quite common there, many Europeans that I've seen online think Africa is one giant country, you might ask them do you know Botswana and they'll say, is it a state in Africa?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

‘If E-money And I Are Doing Anything Illegal, May God Expose Us’ – Kcee (video) / I Like And Enjoy Anal Sex, Is Great - Ghanaian Actress, Vicky Zugah / Annie Idibia Gushes About Her Mother In-law And Her Husband At A Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.