Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,962 members, 7,863,418 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:26 PM

‘I And Falz Understand Each Other On Psychic Level’ – Sess Beats - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘I And Falz Understand Each Other On Psychic Level’ – Sess Beats (996 Views)

Music Producer, Sess Beats And His Fiancee Hold Their Wedding Introduction / Ifu Ennada And Falz Loved Up At Album Launch - Pictures / Simi Reacts To Photo Of Adekunle Gold And Falz Holding Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I And Falz Understand Each Other On Psychic Level’ – Sess Beats by magazineguy(m): 5:43pm On Jun 15, 2017
With the extensive growth of the music scene here in Nigeria, other aspects pertaining to music making are now given due attention; from sound mixing to beat production amongst others. Beat production is now seen as being lucrative since the demand is currently high and more players are beginning to establish their presence. One of such player is SESS BEATS aka The Problem Child who has successfully created his own unique touch when it comes to beats making. With a cute face and charming smiles, Sess gives some insight into his career in this interesting interview.

Let’s meet you.

My name is Salami Oluwasesan Abass aka Sess Beats. I am from Kwara state, Nigeria. I am a Christian, Barrister turned music producer; I studied Law at the University of Ilorin and got called to the bar in 2013 December. I practiced property law for a few years before I decided to follow my dreams as a producer.

So what made you shift from law to music production?

I started out as an artiste, becoming a producer was out of necessity because I couldn’t afford to buy beats for my songs. So after awhile I figured that since I was good at it, I could as well make beats to sell. I have always loved music since I was a kid. I remember when I was a little kid and was asked what I wanted to be, my reply was “I wanted to be Michael Jackson”. Throughout my secondary school I was in the choir. I have always had that flair for music. I just needed to grow into accepting that it was what I wanted to do for myself. And so at the time when I chose to do music, it was long overdue and it wasn’t difficult. Right from my university to my bar final to when I was called to the bar, I was making music.

How did your family take it?

My family had been supportive from the beginning though my parents were particular about me finishing school because they believed that education is important. I also believe education is important as well. They wanted me to have a second option. Our parents believe you have to go to the university and I understood basically. They have always been supportive.

So how did you break out from an unknown law graduate trying to hustle into Sess Beats?

That is a really big question. I believe it was just God’s plan. I just worked every other day and hoped that this would happen and it happened. Also the hard work, consistency over the years; there are days when you wake up and there is no motivation to go out and work but that is when you should even hustle more. So it was basically two factors – God factor and Hard work. It was pure grace and sheer hard work. I came to Lagos in 2013-2014 and met Falz who was also a lawyer trying to break out into the music industry and so we met at the perfect time when we both wanted to prove a point. And basically that was how everything worked out.

Aside Falz, who are your other clients?

Falz is like my major client. We understand each other on psychic level. We have this amazing chemistry. It is almost telepathic. I can have an idea and he would complete it. When you have someone who you are in sync with, you would always make a hit record. That is why I like working with Falz because he gets me. I am not trying to sell him an idea he doesn’t understand, he isn’t trying to sell me an idea I don’t understand. And that is why music doesn’t work at times because music is an expressive art and you want people to sync with that emotion. If you are sad, you make sad music. If you are happy, you make people happy. You are trying to transmit an emotion to people. If the emotion itself you are trying to transmit is not in one piece, that is if in the process of creating it, we are not on the same page, the music would not come out well. I have also worked with a lot of other people including Illbliss, Dremo, and YCEE

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/falz-understand-psychic-level-sess-beats/

cc
lalasticala, dominique, ishilove

1 Share

Re: ‘I And Falz Understand Each Other On Psychic Level’ – Sess Beats by Emperor119(m): 6:14pm On Jun 15, 2017
wonderful...I comot cap 4 una jareh....
Re: ‘I And Falz Understand Each Other On Psychic Level’ – Sess Beats by wordbank(m): 6:57pm On Jun 15, 2017
Sess haf chop him nails finish

Re: ‘I And Falz Understand Each Other On Psychic Level’ – Sess Beats by praizblog: 9:07pm On Jun 15, 2017
I see

(1) (Reply)

Nicki Minaj Admits Dating Rapper Nas…that She Hasn’t Let Him Smash Her Yet (vide / Tboss Is Hot, Bassey Is Dapper & Gifty Is Glam At #alterego Movie Premiere / Tonto Dike Battles Ini Edo (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.