Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? (644 Views)

Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? by Dasgoro: 5:50pm On Jun 15, 2017
I feel the greatest problem of the Church today aren't the false pastors, teachers, prophets or brethen.

But are the brethen that decided not to heed, and still resist the genuie call of God for ministry upon their lives. There is no vacuum in nature.

What is your take on this ; and are you one of them ?
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? by cuedish: 6:02pm On Jun 15, 2017
Hypocrisy & deceit
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? by Dasgoro: 6:18pm On Jun 15, 2017
cuedish:
Hypocrisy & deceit
Is this not because the true believers are chasing after mammon.

God once told me " Don't be interested in the vanities of the world"
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? by Oluwapresley(m): 6:25pm On Jun 15, 2017
deceits. Christ is the center of any gathering called a local church. however, ppl have turned the gathering of believers to financial gatherings, relationship gatherings etc.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? by cuedish: 6:29pm On Jun 15, 2017
Dasgoro:

God once told me " Don't be interested in the vanities of the world"

R3vwrse is the case for plenty of religious leader in africa.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? by Dasgoro: 6:30pm On Jun 15, 2017
Oluwapresley:
deceits. Christ is the center of any gathering called a local church. however, ppl have turned the gathering of believers to financial gatherings, relationship gatherings etc.
Well, from my little findings those ministers wannabes aren't called by God.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? by Dasgoro: 6:35pm On Jun 15, 2017
cuedish:

R3vwrse is the case for plenty of religious leader in africa.
A truly called MOG or WOG cannot try that, there will be serious discipline by God.
See Samson, Jonah even Balam ; God doesnt joke with His ministers, and they fear Him.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? by coolvitus(m): 6:57pm On Jun 15, 2017
I think to be rich is not bad ooo the problem is there more people in the church than dey are in christ you can be rich and go to heaven or hell you can be poor and go to heaven or hell... But without money can you really serve God just asking....
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? by Aaronsrod: 7:08pm On Jun 15, 2017
Dasgoro:
A truly called MOG or WOG cannot try that, there will be serious discipline by God.
See Samson, Jonah even Balam ; God doesnt joke with His ministers, and they fear Him.

Correct. Disobedience is the problem. We no longer fear God and hellfire sufficiently. And we have become too soft.The Pastor can no longer punish people to the degree that is required.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? by Oluwapresley(m): 7:24pm On Jun 15, 2017
Dasgoro:
Well, from my little findings those ministers wannabes aren't called by God.
everyone is called by God, so far you are u believer! every believer has been given the word and ministry of reconciliation. so every believer is called. well, except the pastors u speak about are not believers.. then.. but I doubt..
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? by Dasgoro: 8:12pm On Jun 15, 2017
Oluwapresley:
everyone is called by God, so far you are u believer! every believer has been given the word and ministry of reconciliation. so every believer is called. well, except the pastors u speak about are not believers.. then.. but I doubt..
I mean fivefold ministry; a case of round pegs in square holes.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? by Dasgoro: 8:19pm On Jun 15, 2017
coolvitus:
I think to be rich is not bad ooo the problem is there more people in the church than dey are in christ you can be rich and go to heaven or hell you can be poor and go to heaven or hell... But without money can you really serve God just asking....
Mammon means idolizing material things; puting them before God.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? by Dasgoro: 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2017
Aaronsrod:

Correct. Disobedience is the problem. We no longer fear God and hellfire sufficiently. And we have become too soft.The Pastor can no longer punish people to the degree that is required.
My brother it is terrible.

Do you know that Noah preached for a hundred and twenty years, but was only able to get his family into the ark.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? by TrajansKong: 8:43pm On Jun 15, 2017
Dasgoro:
My brother it is terrible.

Do you know that Noah preached for a hundred and twenty years, but was only able to get his family into the ark.
The ask was meant for Noahs family alone. Read your Bible well.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? by Dasgoro: 8:47pm On Jun 15, 2017
TrajansKong:

The ask was meant for Noahs family alone. Read your Bible well.
Seriously
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? by Zither(m): 9:20pm On Jun 15, 2017
The greatest problems of the Church today are : there are not many like the heroes of faith in the Bible, more miracle seekers than Jesus seekers, game of thrones among the church leaders, denominations rather than unity. The Church has a long way to go before it becomes what it should be but that depends on each single individual member of the Church.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? by Dasgoro: 10:35pm On Jun 15, 2017
Zither:
The greatest problems of the Church today are : there are not many like the heroes of faith in the Bible, more miracle seekers than Jesus seekers, game of thrones among the church leaders, denominations rather than unity. The Church has a long way to go before it becomes what it should be but that depends on each single individual member of the Church.
Christians have left souls and gone fishing like Peter.
How can we solve this problem ?
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? by cuedish: 10:52pm On Jun 15, 2017
Dasgoro:

My brother. ..don't be deceived. ......
The new scam is religion.
It is only meant to teach moral but religious leaders in africa has made it an avenue to live large, Larger than 1 million people put together....open ya brain,abeg.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? by Dasgoro: 11:03pm On Jun 15, 2017
cuedish:

My brother. ..don't be deceived. ......
The new scam is religion.
It is only meant to teach moral but religious leaders in africa has made it an avenue to live large, Larger than 1 million people put together....open ya brain,abeg.
You seem to know so much about this
Re: What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ? by GPZGEO(m): 11:10pm On Jun 15, 2017
The way we youth dress to church is not encouraging at all. do women know plaiting of hair, short skirt, make up, breast exposion, nails & tatoo, half covering of hair during service, ear rings and jewelries are not proper? de annoying part is how dis post-mordern churches accomodate dem without saying a word, cus de dnt wan 2 lose members. such as living faith, christ embassy, redeemed,dunamis etc.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tribalism In The Church / Laodicea, Part 2 : What Makes Jesus Sick? ( Rev 3:16 ) - Paul Ellis / Babalawo Will Keep You Bound(bondage)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.