Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

List Of Cooked Foods Common In The Southwest - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / List Of Cooked Foods Common In The Southwest (3205 Views)

See The Plate Of Rice I Cooked With Just 200 Naira / I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes / The Pot Of Soup A Man Cooked With N1000 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Cooked Foods Common In The Southwest by kenzlee(m): 9:54pm On Jun 15, 2017
Which indigenous food do you enjoy most, either cooked or common in the Southwest, let's hear your voice.
Re: List Of Cooked Foods Common In The Southwest by Eggcelent(m): 10:55pm On Jun 15, 2017
Pounded Yam With Vegetable Soup
Re: List Of Cooked Foods Common In The Southwest by aljharem(m): 1:52am On Jun 16, 2017
moin moin (bean pudding)
Akara (bean cake)
ekoo (starch pudding)
ogi can be of three colours depending on the source red(guinea corn), yellow or white (normal corn)
ofada rice and ofada sauce which is sometimes called ayamase
amala and gbegiri/ewedu/fried pepper
Ila (okro)
Apon
Ila alasepo
Ewa Aganyin
Party Jollof Rice
Pupuru
Obe Marugbo
Igbanyeghe
capioca (lagos)
lafu/ewedu
Ikokore
ojojo
asaro
ebiripo
ekuru
ata dindin
ogede
dodo
egusi

etc..............

5 Likes

Re: List Of Cooked Foods Common In The Southwest by ewa26: 2:48am On Jun 16, 2017
aljharem:
moin moin (bean pudding)
Akara (bean cake)
ekoo (starch pudding)
ogi can be of three colours depending on the source red(guinea corn), yellow or white (normal corn)
ofada rice and ofada sauce which is sometimes called ayamase
amala and gbegiri/ewedu/fried pepper
Ila (okro)
Apon
Ila alasepo
Ewa Aganyin
Party Jollof Rice
Pupuru
Obe Marugbo
Igbanyeghe
capioca (lagos)
lafu/ewedu
Ikokore
ojojo
asaro
ebiripo
ekuru
ata dindin
ogede
dodo
egusi

etc..............
erm pls wat the difference between d ibo and Yoruba jollof rice (d normal one now, not party jellof) and how does each tribe prepare it
Re: List Of Cooked Foods Common In The Southwest by aljharem(m): 3:59am On Jun 17, 2017
ewa26:
erm pls wat the difference between d ibo and Yoruba jollof rice (d normal one now, not party jellof) and how does each tribe prepare it

I do not know
Re: List Of Cooked Foods Common In The Southwest by ewa26: 4:01am On Jun 17, 2017
aljharem:

I do not know
so why you claiming party jollof as Yoruba food if you not tasted d ibo one
Re: List Of Cooked Foods Common In The Southwest by aljharem(m): 8:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
ewa26:
so why you claiming party jollof as Yoruba food if you not tasted d ibo one

2 Likes

Re: List Of Cooked Foods Common In The Southwest by aljharem(m): 10:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
Asun
Ewa alagbado
ewa oniisu
efo riro
ewuro
efo elegusi
omi obe
ata didi
Garri ijebu (igbos copies gari from yoruba and add Palm oil)
Wara tutu/wara dindin
obe elepo
Okada gbona.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Cooked Foods Common In The Southwest by walemoney007(m): 9:40am On Jun 22, 2017
aljharem:

Pupuru
Obe Marugbo
Guy e b like say you don live with the ikales,apois and ilajes before grin I don miss that pupuru cry

1 Like

Re: List Of Cooked Foods Common In The Southwest by walemoney007(m): 9:41am On Jun 22, 2017
Iyan with efo elegusin cool
Amala with gbegiri ati ewedu with fried soup wink
Re: List Of Cooked Foods Common In The Southwest by aljharem(m): 2:37pm On Jun 24, 2017
walemoney007:

Guy e b like say you don live with the ikales,apois and ilajes before grin I don miss that pupuru cry
grin grin grin
Re: List Of Cooked Foods Common In The Southwest by Probz(m): 5:06am On Jan 20, 2018
aljharem:
Asun
Ewa alagbado
ewa oniisu
efo riro
ewuro
efo elegusi
omi obe
ata didi
Garri ijebu (igbos copies gari from yoruba and add Palm oil)
Wara tutu/wara dindin
obe elepo
Okada gbona.

I think you’re forgetting that garri’s even a Hausa name.
Re: List Of Cooked Foods Common In The Southwest by kenzlee(m): 9:59am On Feb 05, 2018
� Are you sure?
Probz:

I think you’re forgetting that garri’s even a Hausa name.
Re: List Of Cooked Foods Common In The Southwest by Probz(m): 10:11am On Feb 05, 2018
kenzlee:

� Are you sure?

Yes, I’m sure. Aljharem’s just being a silly cunt as per.

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Wedding Cake Promo In Abuja!!! / Skimmed Powder Milk For Sale (25kg) !!! LOW FAT / Will I Have Problems If I Eat Yam Every Day In Life ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.