Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,760 members, 7,955,888 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:57 PM

Head Start: How To Secure A Job Before You Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Head Start: How To Secure A Job Before You Graduate (14339 Views)

Someone Should Help Me With A Job Before I Die / Someone Should Please Give Me A Job Before Depression Will Kill Me / Do You Want To Secure A Good Job In Nigeria? Top 5 Factors You Should Consider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Head Start: How To Secure A Job Before You Graduate by sekem: 9:37am On Jun 18, 2017
Godswillnwaoma:
let tell ourselves the truth, there are no jobs out there, unemployment is increasing everyday imagine 29,000 people applied for N-POWER job within 3 days.
the only solution to this problem is to become self employed and that is just the way forward.
I.m advising the young graduates to stop looking for white colla job and establish business of their own no matter how small it is and with time and dedication the business will grow. Nigeria is not an industrial country like China where everything consumed are produced by them, but here we import almost everything so where are u going to work. Let us start now and embrace entrepreneurship and erase the old mindset that was inculcate to us by our parents that when u go to school and have a good grade automatically a good job is out there waiting for you,well this was only attainable during the 60s and not now because things has dramatically changed unlike then.
Start up something today and watch yourself smile to the bank.

You have said the truth

Nothing but the truth

I keep on advising our youths to embrace entrepreneurship now before it is too late

But somehow people still believe so much in white collar jobs

My happiness is just that reality - which is the scarcity of the so called white collar jobs- is beginning to show everywhere you go

Wake up now people

The only certificate you need now is your brain, your talent, your skills, your knowledge...

All that is left for you is to sit down to think and find out how you can put all that together towards solving one person's or so many people's problems

We, as a country, need more entrepreneurs now more than we need graduates

It's as simple as that

2 Likes

Re: Head Start: How To Secure A Job Before You Graduate by sekem: 9:45am On Jun 18, 2017
bufness:
i have a question for those saying peeps should start their own business, what kinda business can one start exactly

What do you know?

What is your favorite school subject?

What experiences have you acquired in life so far that you think might be beneficial to another person?

What activity do you normally like to do or engage in?

What problems do you normally hear people complaining about?

What problems can you identify in your area now that demands attention?

What business is existing in the place you are currently staying in now that is not existing in your village or vice versa?

What do you like that you think other people might also like?

What technological trend can you spot right now?

The business you are looking for to start can be lying in one of these areas but you will only start to see these opportunities when you sit down and start to think

2 Likes

Re: Head Start: How To Secure A Job Before You Graduate by bufness(m): 10:06am On Jun 18, 2017
sekem:

What do you know?

What experiences have you acquired in life so far that you think might be beneficial to another person?

What business is existing in the place you are currently staying now that is not existing in your village?

The business you are looking for to start can be lying in one of these areas but you will only start to see these opportunities when you sit down and start to think

wow, thanks for the enlightenment
Re: Head Start: How To Secure A Job Before You Graduate by sulaimon22: 1:45pm On Jun 18, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
nice.. i love that.

Just learn an ICT skill...

Then you are good to go!!
What type of ICT skill bro, jst finished Nysc and I want to learn d ICT stuff buh dnt no d 1 to go into
Re: Head Start: How To Secure A Job Before You Graduate by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 18, 2017
BornAgainMay:
Op, what did you smoke early this Sunday morning?

Are you deaf? Even if you are deaf cant you see?
If you can't see cant you feel it? Or

you just want to write and feel relevant?

Which job will somebody secure while still in school when there are millions of unemployed youths hovering around the country?

Did you get job while in school. If at all you are doing anything now.

There are no jobs and always tell them the truth.

The best thing for them to do is to be self sufficient or better start planning on how to leave this God frustrating entity called Nigeria

My brother, your body dey hot Ooohhhh.. grin

My signature is a breeding ground for prospective entrepreneurs
Re: Head Start: How To Secure A Job Before You Graduate by Dollabiz: 2:14pm On Jun 18, 2017
Ok.use your brain
Re: Head Start: How To Secure A Job Before You Graduate by Adebayo4all: 5:00pm On Jun 18, 2017
otokx:
There are jobs in Nigeria, many of our "graduates" are lacking in particular skill set.

You see 25 people in an office of which about 5 are doing 90% of the work.
what is dis one saying?

Are d remaining 20persons dummy, can't u teach dem d skills.

#u deserve hot slap
Re: Head Start: How To Secure A Job Before You Graduate by Gerrard59(m): 6:25pm On Jun 18, 2017
sekem:

What do you know?

What business is existing in the place you are currently staying in now that is not existing in your village or vice versa?

There is nothing wrong with entrepreneurship. However, the way you "entrepreneurship folks" advocate it is worrisome and ridiculous.

Entrepreneurship is not for everyone, not everyone loves risk taking.

You need capital (do not tell me about any business that needs no start-up capital. It does not exist).

Some persons love working with/for/under people. Others desire a stable source of income after school. For one to survive running a business esp in a tough place like Nigeria, you need to have additional funds and not be relying on your start-up revenue for surviving living.

Also note that entrepreneurship is a tough road for anyone to take unprepared. Not everyone can survive not seeing light for 2 weeks, some people will just break down. Their perseverance ability is not up to that level. Additionally, I have also come to discover that one needs to be an employee in a structured environment before plunging into entrepreneurship, people who go this route tend to succeed than others who plunge directly.

Finally, entrepreneurship is all about solving problems and getting paid for them not the "buying/importing and selling" I see daily. Would-be entrepreneurs do not mock/criticise those who take salaried jobs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Head Start: How To Secure A Job Before You Graduate by Konami94: 11:53am On Jun 19, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
nice.. i love that.

Just learn an ICT skill...

Then you are good to go!!
which specific IT skills can you advise one to learn?
Re: Head Start: How To Secure A Job Before You Graduate by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:54am On Jun 19, 2017
There are so many of them.It depends on ur location sha.
Konami94:

which specific IT skills can you advise one to learn?
Re: Head Start: How To Secure A Job Before You Graduate by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:55am On Jun 19, 2017
sulaimon22:

What type of ICT skill bro, jst finished Nysc and I want to learn d ICT stuff buh dnt no d 1 to go into

Where is your location?
Re: Head Start: How To Secure A Job Before You Graduate by sulaimon22: 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

Where is your location?
Mowe/ibafo Ogun state very close to berger Lagos state
Re: Head Start: How To Secure A Job Before You Graduate by BiafraBushBoy(m): 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
sulaimon22:

Mowe/ibafo Ogun state very close to berger Lagos state

seen.

Networking is a very huge profession and it's booming now in Lagos.

Courses like N+, CCNA, MCSA, CCNP should put you on track to earn more as a networking associate.

There will be a free Networking workshop somewhere along Surulere.

Do well to attend it.

It will help you have a better understanding about the whole course.

Quote me with your num. I will give you a call.
Re: Head Start: How To Secure A Job Before You Graduate by sulaimon22: 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

seen.

Networking is a very huge profession and it's booming now in Lagos.

Courses like N+, CCNA, MCSA, CCNP should put you on track to earn more as a networking associate.

There will be a free Networking workshop somewhere along Surulere.

Do well to attend it.

It will help you have a better understanding about the whole course.

Quote me with your num. I will give you a call.
08131056283... thank u sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sample Application Letter For Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) Recruitment / Massive Academic Job Recruitment At Kwara State University / Lagos State Teaching And Surveyor Job Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.