Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

What About Kenya - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What About Kenya (10427 Views)

Info About Kenya Visa Needed Please / Urgent Info About Kenya Visa Is Needed Please / Things you should know about Kenya. Visa, Tourism, Business And Student Visas. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What About Kenya by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 16, 2017
I was with my older friend more or less a father and we got talking and I opened up my mind about my intention of travelling outta the country and there he goes telling me how better than Nigeria Kenya is. He started contacting his old friends and associates over there just to convince me.

Now my point of divergent is what is really good about Kenya that could catch my fancy and intention of relocation....

Pls Nairalanders in Kenya say something.
Re: What About Kenya by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 17, 2017
Pls am holding on for a viable information about life and living in Kenya .... PLS COME IN
Re: What About Kenya by mechoau(m): 2:48pm On Jun 18, 2017
am also planning traveling to Kenya to live and work. from my research online and the facts have gotten from a friend who has been there for 4years, kenya is beautiful, cool and it's a good country. I will share you some of the facts I came across on nairaland
Re: What About Kenya by mechoau(m): 3:05pm On Jun 18, 2017
these links will share more light to what you have heard from the people who try convincing you https://www.nairaland.com/3327789/kenya-ahead-nigeria-all-aspect/6#49754070

https://www.nairaland.com/3327789/kenya-ahead-nigeria-all-aspect/7#49783483

Kenya is about 25% the population of Nigeria and presently generates 2,300MW of electricity is Nigeria presently generating 9,200MW? I get to enjoy to enjoy 24hrs power supply in my residence in Kenya.

Mobile money and Mobile banking are strongly tied in Kenya. Based on one's credit rating with the Telcos who can access loan from some banks in Kenya. It is just like using your history using an MTN line you get access to loans from Diamond bank or UBA without having to physically visit the banks as all that is required is your mobile money history, calls/data usage and your ID number. Even as a foreigner using Airtel Kenya line for some time now, my rating qualifies me for a $200 loan while my Safaricom's Mpesa rating qualifies me for a $350 loan. Commercial Bank for Africa, one of the commercial banks in Kenya disburses about $3m daily as loans through the mobile money channel as loans requests get processed within minutes..

I receive international money transfers (Moneygram, WesternUnion, Skrill, Worldremit etc) straight into my phone then l deposit the amount l want into my Barclays account all these from my phone without stepping out of my apartment.

Going by today's rate 1 kenyan shilling is now equal to N4.50. The Kenyan shillings exchanges 102ksh to $1 and anyone with an ID can walk into any Forex shop and buy foreign currencies of their choice within few minutes.
Car registration & ownership transfer is done online likewise the renewal of driving license on their e-citizen portal. If one to ascertain the genuineness of a second car he wants to buy, all he needs is sign into the e-citizen portal, pay for the search fee through his mobile phone and a PIN will be sent via sms with which he logs in and would see the history of the car and ownership thus making the stealing and reselling stolen cars within Kenya less attractive! Getting information of a car requires only a plate number and a PIN. You can go and borrow a Range rover and be posing!

I prefer a Country with a smaller GDP but have access to what l have stated above!

8 Likes

Re: What About Kenya by mechoau(m): 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2017
Re: What About Kenya by komia: 4:31pm On Jun 18, 2017
mechoau:
these links will share more light to what you have heard from the people who try convincing you https://www.nairaland.com/3327789/kenya-ahead-nigeria-all-aspect/6#49754070

https://www.nairaland.com/3327789/kenya-ahead-nigeria-all-aspect/7#49783483

Kenya is about 25% the population of Nigeria and presently generates 2,300MW of electricity is Nigeria presently generating 9,200MW? I get to enjoy to enjoy 24hrs power supply in my residence in Kenya.

Mobile money and Mobile banking are strongly tied in Kenya. Based on one's credit rating with the Telcos who can access loan from some banks in Kenya. It is just like using your history using an MTN line you get access to loans from Diamond bank or UBA without having to physically visit the banks as all that is required is your mobile money history, calls/data usage and your ID number. Even as a foreigner using Airtel Kenya line for some time now, my rating qualifies me for a $200 loan while my Safaricom's Mpesa rating qualifies me for a $350 loan. Commercial Bank for Africa, one of the commercial banks in Kenya disburses about $3m daily as loans through the mobile money channel as loans requests get processed within minutes..

I receive international money transfers (Moneygram, WesternUnion, Skrill, Worldremit etc) straight into my phone then l deposit the amount l want into my Barclays account all these from my phone without stepping out of my apartment.

Going by today's rate 1 kenyan shilling is now equal to N4.50. The Kenyan shillings exchanges 102ksh to $1 and anyone with an ID can walk into any Forex shop and buy foreign currencies of their choice within few minutes.
Car registration & ownership transfer is done online likewise the renewal of driving license on their e-citizen portal. If one to ascertain the genuineness of a second car he wants to buy, all he needs is sign into the e-citizen portal, pay for the search fee through his mobile phone and a PIN will be sent via sms with which he logs in and would see the history of the car and ownership thus making the stealing and reselling stolen cars within Kenya less attractive! Getting information of a car requires only a plate number and a PIN. You can go and borrow a Range rover and be posing!

I prefer a Country with a smaller GDP but have access to what l have stated above!

Kenya is far ahead of Nigeria where basic principles of life are concerned

1 Like

Re: What About Kenya by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2017
mechoau:
am also planning traveling to Kenya to live and work. from my research online and the facts have gotten from a friend who has been there for 4years, kenya is beautiful, cool and it's a good country. I will share you some of the facts I came across on nairaland

Nice one bro. thanks a lot. been here waiting for ages
Re: What About Kenya by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
I will like to get some info about getting job and settling down there. what about the entry level as per immigration rules and need to have documents before proceeding for a stay there.

How about accommodation and the likes.... all these are what am looking out for. will be glade if you can provide me some insight.

2 Likes

Re: What About Kenya by mechoau(m): 4:49am On Jun 21, 2017
Kenyan Visa Description
1. Single Entry – This visa would allow you to enter into Kenya once
2. Transit – Allows you a short stop over that can last up to three days
3. Multiple Entry – Allows you to enter Kenya multiple times
Note: There is no visa that is required if you are using a direct transit between two flights, however, a transit visa is required if you spend more than 24 hours.

1 Like

Re: What About Kenya by mechoau(m): 4:51am On Jun 21, 2017
Visa Requirements
1. Passport Valid for at least Six Months
2. Scanned photograph during registration – coloured with white background – 5.5cm by 5.5cm
3. eVisa Printout from
www.eCitizen.go.ke
4. Travel itinerary
5. Supporting letter e.g. letter from company or Invitation letter for business visits/family visits. or
6. Hotel bookings/details about places to if going as tourist
For more information on Kenya visa requirement, click here.
Re: What About Kenya by mechoau(m): 4:52am On Jun 21, 2017
How To Apply Online
You can now apply online for Kenya e-Visa.
1. Click register on
www.ecitizen.go.ke .
2. Select Register as a Visitor.
3. Once Logged in, Select Deparment of Immigration services.
4. Select submit Appplication.
5. Select Kenyan Visa.
6. Select the type of Visa and read the Instructions Carefully.
7. Fill in the application form.
8. Pay Using visa card, Mastercard and other debit cards.
9. Await approval via email, then download and print the eVisa from your eCitizen account.
10. Present your printed eVisa to the immigration officer at the port of entry.
Please note: Visa processing fee are not refundable and the possession of an eVisa is not the final Authority to enter The Republic of Kenya.
Source: eCitizen.co.ke
Visa Fees
The transit visa fee is US $21.
The standard visa fee for an ordinary or a single entry visa is US $51.

3 Likes

Re: What About Kenya by mechoau(m): 4:59am On Jun 21, 2017
I would have followed the above procedure but to avoid mistakes nd story that touches, I decided to go tru agents. I met different agents online but their prices varies nd d least price I got from one is 45k while d highest price I got was 70k so I decided to go to their embassy if I could get an expert to help me tru
Re: What About Kenya by mechoau(m): 5:14am On Jun 21, 2017
so at the embassy, God surprises me in a way I never expected bcus I met one of the staff /boss who helped me out wth just 30k nd I got it in 2 days. the 30k wasn't for d e-Visa alone but including rendering assistance on accommodation, booking cheap airline ticket nd skipping off hotel booking since am staying wth a fwend. although d hotel booking is compulsory bcus of d immigration at their embassy but he has ways of doing it since am going to stay up wth a fwend

he has lots of guys who he has hlp to Kenya nd he ask if I will be interested staying with a male or female friends but I said I prefer male nd he called one of dem to ask if he can accommodate me dat am a cousin to his wife but d guy response was yes that am welcome to his place but I sud send 2k to his account as t-fare

2 Likes

Re: What About Kenya by mechoau(m): 5:27am On Jun 21, 2017
Visa Processing Time
e-Visa application processing can take within two to three working days. Visas are issued immediately at the point of entry. However, if you do not meet the requirements, you may not be allowed into the country.
Re: What About Kenya by mechoau(m): 5:30am On Jun 21, 2017
Step By Step Guide To Apply Online

Step 1: Go to ecitizen.go.ke website

Step 2: Create an account on the website. Click on eVisa visitor (The account is for nationals who require a visa to enter the Republic of Kenya.)

Step 3: Create a visitor account and fill all your information accurately.

Step 4: Confirm your email and continue application. Select department of immigration service and submit.

Step 5: Choose the type of visa you want and fill the application form appropriately.

Step 6: Pay your visa fee online by using Master card, Visa card or other credit/debit card.

Step 7: An approval mail will be sent to your mail, make sure you download and print the eVisa from your account.

Step 8: Ensure you have both hard and soft copy of eVisa so that you can present it to immigration officers at port of entry to Kenya.
Re: What About Kenya by sHOTdownHawk: 7:35am On Jun 21, 2017
mechoau:
Live and work as what. Be careful. Most nigerians in kenya are poorly educated. Africans dont have the luxury of having african foreigners who dont add value to their economy. And kenyans are slowly realising this. And this fuels major problem. Now there is election there.

1 Like

Re: What About Kenya by DrPlato: 12:20pm On Jun 21, 2017
Pls, can someone help on how to get work as a medical doctor in Kenya. Any certifications?
Re: What About Kenya by sHOTdownHawk: 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2017
DrPlato:
Pls, can someone help on how to get work as a medical doctor in Kenya. Any certifications?

In which medical field did u specialize? Medical doctor??
Re: What About Kenya by mechoau(m): 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2017
@shotdown, are you saying d country doesn't wat worth going ?could you please gve more light on dis bcus I Knw 3diff pple who left my area nd dey re coping gud
Re: What About Kenya by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 21, 2017
mechoau:
I would have followed the above procedure but to avoid mistakes nd story that touches, I decided to go tru agents. I met different agents online but their prices varies nd d least price I got from one is 45k while d highest price I got was 70k so I decided to go to their embassy if I could get an expert to help me tru

WOW....
Re: What About Kenya by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 21, 2017
mechoau:
so at the embassy, God surprises me in a way I never expected bcus I met one of the staff /boss who helped me out wth just 30k nd I got it in 2 days. the 30k wasn't for d e-Visa alone but including rendering assistance on accommodation, booking cheap airline ticket nd skipping off hotel booking since am staying wth a fwend. although d hotel booking is compulsory bcus of d immigration at their embassy but he has ways of doing it since am going to stay up wth a fwend

he has lots of guys who he has hlp to Kenya nd he ask if I will be interested staying with a male or female friends but I said I prefer male nd he called one of dem to ask if he can accommodate me dat am a cousin to his wife but d guy response was yes that am welcome to his place but I sud send 2k to his account as t-fare

Are you serious right now bro. abeg make i use that ur contact for the embassy too now... cry
Re: What About Kenya by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 21, 2017
sHOTdownHawk:

Live and work as what. Be careful. Most nigerians in kenya are poorly educated. Africans dont have the luxury of having african foreigners who dont add value to their economy. And kenyans are slowly realising this. And this fuels major problem. Now there is election there.

Bro e be like say you get some info to ditch out here, pls do not hesitate make we learn abeg
Re: What About Kenya by juniormercy(m): 11:38pm On Jun 21, 2017
mechoau:

Woooww. ..... that's nice. Pls I need that embassy contact too
Re: What About Kenya by alexxo11(m): 8:55am On Jun 22, 2017
mechoau:
@shotdown, are you saying d country doesn't wat worth going ?could you please gve more light on dis bcus I Knw 3diff pple who left my area nd dey re coping gud
what he is saying is that we kenyans are slowly getting tired of most of these uneducated nigerians who were coming to our country.The other day ,from work , in a train heading to syokimau(where i live) there were some nigerians talking loudly in their mother tongue and laughing like idiots....people were so mad they were almost thrown out.All in all there is a slow but sure hate brewing among kenyans for most nigerians here....Not that we hate foreigners but most nigerians are just barbaric.Last week in a place called langata in nairobi a nigerian invited a kenyan girl to his house ,tapped her drink ,and then he and his friends raped her while she was unconscious.little did they know that the girl was the daughter of a senior police man.so after three days of tracking the phone they located the house and stormed it and actually found a nigerian in the act!!!the girl was raped for three days!!!nyhu all the 5 nigerians were stripped naked and boarded into a van never to be seen again!Im sure there somewhere buried with bullets on their heads....Point is when you come to kenya please be on the right side of the law...I really dont understand why its sooo hard for most nigerians to behave like humans.

12 Likes

Re: What About Kenya by alexxo11(m): 9:18am On Jun 22, 2017
DrPlato:
unless your certificate is from a reputable university ,you will not get employment...i know of a kenyan who studied(medicine) in some university in russia and graduated but since the university was not recognised by the medical doctors board he was not allowed to practice medicine.
Re: What About Kenya by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 22, 2017
alexxo11:
what he is saying is that we kenyans are slowly getting tired of most of these uneducated nigerians who were coming to our country.The other day ,from work , in a train heading to syokimau(where i live) there were some nigerians talking loudly in their mother tongue and laughing like idiots....people were so mad they were almost thrown out.All in all there is a slow but sure hate brewing among kenyans for most nigerians here....Not that we hate foreigners but most nigerians are just barbaric.Last week in a place called langata in nairobi a nigerian invited a kenyan girl to his house ,tapped her drink ,and then he and his friends raped her while she was unconscious.little did they know that the girl was the daughter of a senior police man.so after three days of tracking the phone they located the house and stormed it and actually found a nigerian in the act!!!the girl was raped for three days!!!nyhu all the 5 nigerians were stripped naked and boarded into a van never to be seen again!Im sure there somewhere buried with bullets on their heads....Point is when you come to kenya please be on the right side of the law...I really dont understand why its sooo hard for most nigerians to behave like humans.

This is what some of them do here and they turn around and insult the country for their irresponsible actions.

Some unenlightened Nigerians are DESPERADOS, these set of people are dangerous and they are the ones who you will find living illegally in foreign countries. They can't be tamed unfortunately so I pity your people there, it's sad that they engage in such disgraceful acts, they lack proper upbringing (sadly) so when next you see jungle justice being carried out on their likes don't condemn us, just move on
Re: What About Kenya by alexxo11(m): 9:45am On Jun 22, 2017
Pidgin2:

This is what some of them do here and they turn around and insult the country for their irresponsible actions.

Some unenlightened Nigerians are DESPERADOS, these set of people are dangerous and they are the ones who you will find living illegally in foreign countries. They can't be tamed unfortunately so I pity your people there, it's sad that they engage in such disgraceful acts, they lack proper upbringing (sadly) so when next you see jungle justice being carried out on their likes don't condemn us, just move on
Im sure a year from now xenophobic attack will start in kenya against Nigerians....i wont be apart of it but it will be totally understandable.
Re: What About Kenya by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:11am On Jun 22, 2017
alexxo11:
Im sure a year from now xenophobic attack will start in kenya against Nigerians....i wont be apart of it but it will be totally understandable.
You won't be the first African to say this. I have lived in more than 5 African countries and they all harbour deep hatred for Nigerians and it's very understandable

2 Likes

Re: What About Kenya by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2017
I hate it each time I hear such statement like hate for Nigerians in diaspora, you ain't holy either. Nigerians got all it takes to excel within and without their country of origin and I guess dat is wat d hate is all about.

As much as I don't support criminal actions amongst Nigerians in diaspora but pls don't name us a criminal or barbaric as u said cos u people are worse off even within ur country.

An average Nigerian only hear about Kenya on news for bad reasons, either rape, or man stuck in a woman while having unholy affair and d likes.

Note dat ur country is no superior one to Nigeria in anyway. The fact is our economy bleeds right now and everyone only need a succour somewhere else.

With or without recession Nigeria will always Lead African countries anyways... no hate pls

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What About Kenya by alexxo11(m): 1:41pm On Jun 22, 2017
Folafikemi:
I hate it each time I hear such statement like hate for Nigerians in diaspora, you ain't holy either. Nigerians got all it takes to excel within and without their country of origin and I guess dat is wat d hate is all about.

As much as I don't support criminal actions amongst Nigerians in diaspora but pls don't name us a criminal or barbaric as u said cos u people are worse off even within ur country.

An average Nigerian only hear about Kenya on news for bad reasons, either rape, or man stuck in a woman while having unholy affair and d likes.

Note dat ur country is no superior one to Nigeria in anyway. The fact is our economy bleeds right now and everyone only need a succour somewhere else.

With or without recession Nigeria will always Lead African countries anyways... no hate pls
Boss i dint say i hate nigerians...if im in a nigerian forum it means i have no hate for Nigeria.Are u seriously saying that it will be okay with you if foreigners came to your counrty and started raping women and doing all kinds of vices??Heck there was a time you nigerians chased ghanians from your country.If/when you come to kenya you will see all kinds of nationalities,from hidus,to somalis, to cogolese even italians are full at the coast.Do you serioulsy think we would just hate most nigerians for no reason?Kenya is not superior to nigeria in anyway,and i apologise if it came out that way,all im saying is we need Human biengs in our country not animals in human skin.

7 Likes

Re: What About Kenya by mechoau(m): 3:01pm On Jun 22, 2017
@alexxo11, I reason with what you said about the flamboyant life of nigerian's in Kenya but is their probability of a better life and getting a minor work /job with a degree from a reputable university here in nigeria. I read mechanical engineering from obafemi awolowo university. although have read different comments and suggestions but will greatly appreciate if you share more light
Re: What About Kenya by alexxo11(m): 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
mechoau:
@alexxo11, I reason with what you said about the flamboyant life of nigerian's in Kenya but is their probability of a better life and getting a minor work /job with a degree from a reputable university here in nigeria. I read mechanical engineering from obafemi awolowo university. although have read different comments and suggestions but will greatly appreciate if you share more light
In the field of engineering bros to tell you the truth it will be kinda difficult.Engineering graduates from kenyan universities are still looking for jobs.The problem is that those old engineers have refused to retire hence engineering jobs are scarce....If u want to really make it in kenya ,come with something unique,think of a business that u can be doing from nigeria to kenya...explore the gap in the market...but if u come in the name of papers ....unemployment is high in kenya.Just telling you my 2cents tho!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Traffic Related Issues The Nigerian Government Needs To Investigate & Address / Pls Help: Distance /cost From Lagos To Ondo / Jewel In The Desert: A Trip To Dubai, Most Amazing Desert City On Earth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.