Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Jigsaw - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Jigsaw (474 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jigsaw by chronos: 4:59am On Jun 17, 2017
I have questions;
Unanswered questions
What is life?
What is love?
What awaits after life?
Destiny they say
Lies in the palms of men
I look into mine for a‎nswers
But all I see is a web of‎ patterns
Intricately embedded in great d‎iscord!
I look into the heavens for answers
But all I see is a sea of blue
Flowing into the depthless trenches of infinity
Life is a helical maze
Woven to beguile mankind
The birds mock us in flat pitch

1 Like

Re: Jigsaw by chronos: 5:39am On Jun 17, 2017
Comments are welcome.
Re: Jigsaw by Ereolamide: 8:27pm On Jun 23, 2017
Too general, lack of specific exciting imagery
Re: Jigsaw by chronos: 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2017
Ereolamide:
Too general, lack of specific exciting imagery

"Exciting" is subjective...
Re: Jigsaw by Ereolamide: 10:05pm On Jun 26, 2017
chronos:

"Exciting" is subjective...
To simulate
Re: Jigsaw by chronos: 8:51am On Jun 28, 2017
Ereolamide:

To simulate
poems dont always have to be written in high language or be too descriptive to stimulate, sometimes it's about the thematic structure et al
Re: Jigsaw by Ereolamide: 9:34am On Jun 28, 2017
chronos:
poems dont always have to be written in high language or be too descriptive to stimulate, sometimes it's about the thematic structure et al
You don't get my point do you?

I ne'er said you should write in flowery language with vocabularies, what I intend is that you use specific imagery to pass your message, most of what's up there are cliché, the images are old and worn out.

I don't mean to abase your piece, criticism if welcomed helps to improve literary works. Peace
Re: Jigsaw by chronos: 4:09pm On Jun 30, 2017
Ereolamide:

You don't get my point do you?

I ne'er said you should write in flowery language with vocabularies, what I intend is that you use specific imagery to pass your message, most of what's up there are cliché, the images are old and worn out.

I don't mean to abase your piece, criticism if welcomed helps to improve literary works. Peace

Shalom

(1) (Reply)

The Sun. By Izunna Okafor / Traveler / Drudgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.