Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Daniel And Bankole Fight To Finish In Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Daniel And Bankole Fight To Finish In Ogun (1437 Views)

Nigerian Army Doing Their Best To Finish Boko Haram Video (viewers' Discretion) / Atiku, Tinubu Fight To Control Apc-punch / Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daniel And Bankole Fight To Finish In Ogun by Mekusxyz: 2:38am On Jan 24, 2010
OGD hits Bankole:‘He’s a curse to Ogun’
•I won’t join issues with Daniel - Speaker
By Moshood Adebayo, Abeokuta
Sunday, January 24 , 2010

•Gbenga Daniel
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

Ogun State Governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, yesterday, took a swipe at Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole, describing him as a curse to his home state, Ogun.

Daniel, who spoke at the inauguration of a new chairman of the state Elders Forum, Chief Okanlawon Soboyede, also lampooned the former Minister of State for Finance, Chief Jubril Martins Kuye, and some other leaders whom he described as greedy people that were only interested in lining their pockets.
The governor, who addressed party faithful and his supporters, also blamed other leaders, including Chief Sule Onabiyi, as those behind the intractable crisis rocking the party in the state.

His words: “I don’t want anybody to have any misgiving about where I stand on this issue. He (Dimeji) was one of the people I went out of my way to develop as a young man. I went round to plead his case when he became the Speaker because the seat was zoned to Osun and the National Vice Chairman to Ogun.
“I went to plead with my brother governor in Osun that we were not working against their state that the thing had been given to us. So we asked Chief Soboyede, who was tipped for the Vice Chairman to step down and pleaded with Governor Oyinlola to accept him.

“Speaker Dimeji Bankole may have been a blessing to his own personal interest and pocket, but he has been a curse to Ogun State. He may have benefited his family, his pocket, but he has added more trouble to this state with his speakership.”
Continuing, Daniel said: “I don’t want anybody to have any misgiving as to where I am standing in this matter. It has nothing to do with tribal consideration. Bankole was one of the people that I went out of my way to develop because I like young people.”
“All the programmes slated for Ogun are being scuttled by our people in Abuja. Ministers tell me that there are people that tell them that things should not be brought to Ogun. They are the people working against us our taking the bond. I don’t want anybody to be under any illusion about the current situation in the state.”
Daniel, who spoke in the presence of his Osun counterpart, Olagunsoye Oyinlola, was also furious about the former Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Sarafa Tunji Isola.
“For four years, Sarafa was my SSG during which period I protected him, stood by him and assisted him. How can you now turn around to say they love Egbaland. I schooled in Egbaland and drank the water from the Ogun River. They do not love Egbaland more than I do.

“Kuye does not like Egbaland as I do. Kuye loves his own pocket and Kuye insisted that Sarafa must be governor. And I said If Sarafa wants to become governor, he was my secretary for four years during which period I looked after him; during which period I protected his interest; during which period people of Abeokuta North were fighting against him and I stood for him; during which period the Egba people did not want him and I stood by him.”

•Dimeji Bankole
Photo: Sun News Publishing
“The challenge of Dimeji is the challenge of his father. We have spoken to people to talk to his father. But because of greed and their pockets, they have been unable to do it. I am the governor and people cannot tell you the truth.

“We are now in the election year. Those who want to stay should stand firm and those who want to leave can do so. We lack the capacity to say the truth and nobody should tell you nonsense. Baba (Olusegun) Obasanjo is with us. I have right to quarrel with Obasanjo; it is not their business, and when I settle with him, it is not their business.”

He added that Bankole and the others were plotting to destabilize the party.
“The signal I have is scary. Their ambition is to destroy the party and leave. I am aware of the meetings and I know those they are meeting with. Do not say anybody because of their big names cannot go to Action Congress. They are not working for PDP; don’t be deceived.”

Daniel also ordered a member of the Ogun State Property and Investment Corporation (OPIC) Board, Captain Borokin, out of the meeting, saying he had been working against the party and refused to apologise.
Reacting to Daniel’s tirade, Bankole said he would rather not join issues with the Ogun governor but leave him to his own fate.
Bankole, who responded through his Special Adviser (Communication), Chief Kayode Odunaro, in a statement, said: “We do not believe that the governor of Ogun State will say that the Speaker of the House of Representatives is a curse to (the) state. In any case, the Speaker will not stoop low to join issues with the governor and would prefer to maintain his dignified silence, which has been his practise these last two years in relation to the numerous problems the governor is having with many people in the party and in the state government.
“The governor is advised to present his problems to the National Executive Council of the PDP for possible solution.”
Re: Daniel And Bankole Fight To Finish In Ogun by DrKitaun(m): 3:02am On Jan 24, 2010
OGD has lost it finally . . . . grin

how many people will he fight all by himself ?

OBJ, Iyabo, Kashamu, Alani Bankole and his son Dimeji, Sarafa Ishola, JMK Jubril Martins Kuye, Wale Oladunjoye, Alausa . . .and even more members of the House of Assembly shocked

is this guy sick or sumtin ?

he needs to go and reflect on what made Osoba politically irrelevant till date . . .now its like he is towing the same line and I doubt the ignominy that will come his way will be any manageable . . . o ma se o embarassed
Re: Daniel And Bankole Fight To Finish In Ogun by heilige(m): 9:35am On Jan 24, 2010
This is a case of kettle calling pot black. Is Ogun State Governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel any different from all these sluts ?

(1) (Reply)

I Want Option A4 For Anambra Election - Soludo / Yar’adua Undergoes Voice Therapy As Atiku Visits - News / 2011: Turai Yar'adua Eyes Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.