Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,131 members, 7,867,279 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:21 PM

Save Our Husbands! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Save Our Husbands! (895 Views)

Ann Grace Aguti: Ugandan Woman Who Married 3 Husbands / Our Husbands Now Enjoy Sex Without Asking Questions. / 46 Kenyan Women Strip Unclad Because Their Husbands Can't Satisfy Them Sexually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save Our Husbands! by Denko2721987(m): 10:55am On Jun 17, 2017
Why do husbands in Africa die most times before wives? A husband in Africa in most cases is under intense tension because he is responsible for:

Children's school fees
House rents
Electricity bills
Medical bills
Generator fuel & repairs
Car fuel and repairs
Feeding of family
Clothes for children
Xmas and New year bills
Furniture & House maintenance
In-laws wahala/demand
His own aged parents
His siblings most times
His wife's demands
Vigilante bills
Erecting Buildings
Religious demands
Family social bills
Electronics bills
Recharge cards
Extended family bills
Community demands

On top of the above, he also faces:

Wife stress/insults
Boss stress at work
Police stress on the way
Area boys stress
Kidnappers fear
Friends stress
Economy stress
Fear of job loss
Unemployment pains
Armed Robbery stress
Children misbehaviour
Neighbors stress
Bank loan payment stress
Witchcraft stress
Demonic attack stress
Sex stress
....and so on! OMG!!

Are these reasons not enough for all African Wives to understand and give their husbands peace at home? Are men not trying? How can an African man with this kind of load be romantic like an American man? Women, please give your husband peace at home. Encourage your husband. Stop being sarcastic to him. Except if you like to join the widows club early! Note:
That club is not funny. Ask members. Help your husband. Contribute to the family. Be a helper. Be submissive. Stop nagging. Build your home and marriage. It is not greener outside there. Don't be deceived!!
Let our men and husbands live long like you. Men dey beg una cry
####################################################################

FORWARD THIS TO EVERY WOMAN IN YOUR CONTACT LIST UNTIL EVERY WOMAN IN AFRICA READS IT. LET US PROLONG THE LIVES OF OUR MEN!!

* Note - I know family responsibilities and hassles are shared by men and women, this post probably intends to focus on the man..

~ Culled from a facebook post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Save Our Husbands! by Bayhaqqi: 11:16am On Jun 17, 2017
Before becoming a husband..u should be ready to do it responsibility.. Moreover u should know how to plan ur incomes...
Re: Save Our Husbands! by rainylad(f): 2:56pm On Jun 17, 2017
...Nigerian males and lies are like 5 and 6..

...Husbands in Nigeria does about 5% of what op outlined..They are becoming more and more irresponsible,leaving most of their responsibilites to their wives...Most wives are actually the breadwinner nowadays..thats the truth..

..Thats why most people prefer their mums and careless about their dads..

2 Likes

Re: Save Our Husbands! by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
rainylad:

...Nigerian males and lies are like 5 and 6..

...Husbands in Nigeria does about 5% of what op outlined..They are becoming more and more irresponsible,leaving most of their responsibilites to their wives...Most wives are actually the breadwinner nowadays..thats the truth..

..Thats why most people prefer their mums and careless about their dads..

It depends, Mothers have more bonding and emotional support than the Dads, Dads are usually bothered with financial issues, also Dad are supposed to show tough love to build the kids, Women demand alot of attention from the kids, A mother would take it more personal if Mother's day was ignored or they didn't get her anything for her birthday, A dad is more likely to not look at those things as he's used to being ignored and not paid much focus to in the end. As for the list well it's assumed in the society that's it's a man's job to do that, so unless the 5% you are referring to refers to cases you've experienced or you're just pulling number and stats from thin air i'd say that's fallacious but these days couples work together to settle the bills.
Re: Save Our Husbands! by rainylad(f): 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2017
pcguru1:

It depends, Mothers have more bonding and emotional support than the Dads, Dads are usually bothered with financial issues, also Dad are supposed to show tough love to build the kids, Women demand alot of attention from the kids, A mother would take it more personal if Mother's day was ignored or they didn't get her anything for her birthday, A dad is more likely to not look at those things as he's used to being ignored and not paid much focus to in the end. As for the list well it's assumed in the society that's it's a man's job to do that, so unless the 5% you are referring to refers to cases you've experienced or you're just pulling number and stats from thin air i'd say that's fallacious but these days couples work together to settle the bills.

...Its an assuption that holds no water cos the average Nigerian men are so not responsible financially anymore..Every single married couple i know has the wife doing more financially..you can choose to believe it or not..na u sabi.
Re: Save Our Husbands! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2017
Op issalie, that's not why men die early. The single most important factor is The Wife.
Trust me, the secret to longevity,other things being equal is having a doting wife. Sadly that's a quality many of our ladies lack. Their more concerned about "me me me me and me" in a never ending contest to show off and compare with their contemporaries
Re: Save Our Husbands! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 17, 2017
rainylad:

...Its an assuption that holds no water cos the average Nigerian men are so not responsible financially anymore..Every single married couple i know has the wife doing more financially..you can choose to believe it or not..na u sabi.

Unless you know thousands of Nigerian men not financially supporting the bills in the house i choose not to believe it, Also there's a thing called "sampling error" I believe that's happening in your case, the people you know that it's happening to doesn't represent Nigerian men, just means your friends choose wrong.
Re: Save Our Husbands! by eyinjuege: 7:05am On Jun 18, 2017
pcguru1:

Unless you know thousands of Nigerian men not financially supporting the bills in the house i choose not to believe it, Also there's a thing called "sampling error" I believe that's happening in your case, the people you know that it's happening to doesn't represent Nigerian men, just means your friends choose wrong.

I quite agree with her.

Most couples I see around me have the wives contributing more. Some of them ,even have husbands that have been jobless for years. But are lucky since the wives work in multinationals/are bank managers and make reasonable income.
Open your eyes and look around, women are getting good jobs too. Go to the banks, the hospitals, civil service, the market places, telecom outfits etc. Who do you see there most?
Even businesses are springing up, its just that the area of business for most men and women are different..
Even in the university, what do you think happened to those women who were your classmates? You think they all became housewives?
They're all out there hustling and putting food on the table.
Now, begin to take a conscious effort to observe all the offices and places of trade you go to. Notice how many women are there. You think all their husbands are capable of running the financial aspect of the home alone?

1 Like

Re: Save Our Husbands! by eyinjuege: 7:11am On Jun 18, 2017
Please, many women are doing all the above listed and even more, and they still haven't died before their spouses.
Providing isn't the exclusive rights of the man, as we can see in present day Nigeria. Many women hustle legitimately, and bring in much needed bread into their homes.

Pcguru1, This is from a post I made on a similar thread some days ago

The real reasons men die earlier than their wives-
1. Following the natural order of things: the older should die before the younger. Its not rocket science. Most men in Nigeria marry younger women.
2. Health seeking behaviour amongst men. Many men don't seek medical intervention for ailments worrying them in time. They usually present late with their ailments, which already have become complicated and more difficult to treat.
3. Lifestyle choices- it's a known fact that men drink more and smoke more in Nigeria than women. Alcohol makes people lose inhibition, gives false confidence, increase the risk taking behaviour and so you see more men drink driving and killing themselves in the process.
Cigarettes without any doubts has been linked to almost all the chronic deadly diseases. Even the tobacco companies clearly give their warnings that smokers are more liable to die young.
4. Men have been known to take more risks than women. Usually impulsive btw, and not necessarily calculated.
5. Men have also being known to take up more dangerous jobs than women. You hardly find women engineers on oil rigs, or as firefighters, or find them climbing mtn masts, or nepa poles.
6. Men are naturally at risk of certain disease such as hypertension. That's definitely not going to prolong their lifespans will it?
7. Certain dangerous vices are found more amongst men such as kidnappings, armed robbery. You find women committing such crimes too, but more of men. And of course such crimes carry their own risks- being shot at sight by law enforcement etc.
8. Men are at a higher risk of succeeding in committing suicide than women, even though we have more suicide attempts amongst women. Women usually attempt suicide, but are usually not successful
If a man decides to commit suicide, he's more likely to succeed.

Etc..... I could go on and on. Most of the points I've put up there are researched facts, and not beer parlour gists that men die from the nagging of their women

1 Like

Re: Save Our Husbands! by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 18, 2017
eyinjuege:

I quite agree with her.

Most couples I see around me have the wives contributing more. Some of them ,even have husbands that have been jobless for years. But are lucky since the wives work in multinationals/are bank managers and make reasonable income.
Open your eyes and look around, women are getting good jobs too. Go to the banks, the hospitals, civil service, the market places, telecom outfits etc. Who do you see there most?
Even businesses are springing up, its just that the area of business for most men and women are different..
Even in the university, what do you think happened to those women who were your classmates? You think they all became housewives?
They're all out there hustling and putting food on the table.
Now, begin to take a conscious effort to observe all the offices and places of trade you go to. Notice how many women are there. You think all their husbands are capable of running the financial aspect of the home alone?

I never said women don't but she's making it sound like all men do nothing and allow wife play more financial role and am saying there's no data for that to know, I know couples pool in resources together and if that's an issue they can ensure they end up with extremely financial bouyant partners
Re: Save Our Husbands! by omosaku(m): 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2017
These are the roles men are supposed to be playing. I don't believe all these kills. It is a thing of joy to be a responsible father. I agree with most women here. Many men are becoming more irresponsible. The Economic factor may be a valid reason. for instance, it is easier to get jobs as a woman than a man. Men should rise up and let us do our God-given responsibility with joy. Happy fathers' day!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My 77-yr-old Husband Said I’m Not Good In Bed, He Then Married Another agemate / 7 Most Important Secret You Need To Know About Marriage Before Saying Yes! / Man Kills Baby Mama & Their Daughter After She Made A Post On Facebook (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.