Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. (10853 Views)

Best Laptops With Great Graphics For Gaming / Best Laptops Here For Sale / Sony Makes The Best Laptops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by tboy1(m): 3:51pm On Oct 06, 2011
Apple Macbook Pro is the No1 . . . do not compare any laptop to mac until u have used it.
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by Dgunnerz(m): 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2011
My current HP Pavillion Dv-6.5 Textbook Notebook is useless only in the Battery performance area!
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by Okijajuju1(m): 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2011
190_@:

im alrite okija - its bin a while smiley

Yes o!!

No mind my Toshiba lappy wey no gree log into Nairaland,

I see say your crase never cure till now, grin
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by manny4life(m): 4:38pm On Oct 06, 2011
I'll always stick to my DELL laptop. I used mine for 4.5years before screen cracked, in the process of getting a new one, exploring options of the custom models, IMO, Toshiba is behind Dell and Sony
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by denny4ril: 4:42pm On Oct 06, 2011
my dell latitude has never given me any problem for the past two years. the sound is "SOLID AND GREAT" and it has internal sim card. I do not use any modem to browse. just insert an activated sim card (I USE GLO) and i connect. it is super fast. it is a GRADE A USA laptop and i guarantee i will never regret using it and above all, it is JUST N53500:00. u can reach me if u are interested. mail me at profitablebusinessideas@gmail.com with the subject "DELL LAPTOP CHEAPEST OFFER". remember, no modem is needed for browsing. just sim card
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by IbroSaunks(m): 5:21pm On Oct 06, 2011
yeah, Toshiba rocks in terms of durability, iv been using my satellite pro a300 for over 2 years now, but in general i think the macbooks r d best,
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by pendo89(f): 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2011
Oh yeah Toshiba Satellite rocks.
I have a dell pathetic, Hp for office (very nice too) and a compaq that just refused to die.BUT nothing beats Toshiba.
Its a world!!
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by dastudent(m): 6:32pm On Oct 06, 2011
Try a Mac book pro and yes my toshiba is still working perfectly even though i spend more time on the mac.

ONCE YOU GO MAC,YOU WOULD NEVER GO BACK[b][/b]
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by Eking: 6:35pm On Oct 06, 2011
i have been using my hp dv5 for 3 yrs and it's always on most of the time. the hard drive has a work time of 10210 hrs and the laptop is still going strong. Beat That!!!!!
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by sley4life(m): 7:13pm On Oct 06, 2011
i prefer dell laptop
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by omosexy1: 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2011
Poster, when you mean Toshiba being the best you should refer it to P.Cs. Why don't you try a Macbook and see a huge difference
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by larimo(m): 8:14pm On Oct 06, 2011
the best laptop is the mac but its too expensive! Toshiba is still my preferred brand though
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by Redman44(m): 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2011
Toshiba Laptops are durable and great. I use one some years ago and it had solid features and a sharp sound system. I sold it later on to a friend of mine. I don't use a laptop now for some reasons but I have a great Samsung Desktop PC. I will buy a laptop very soon because I need to commence work on a literary project. Cheers.
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by airmark(m): 11:18pm On Oct 06, 2011
The power of the laptop is in its aggressive name TO SHI BAAAAAAAAAAAAA. It's very rugged. Imagine i still have one manufactured in 1999 still working. while using my satellite ceaselessly. I trust the brand.
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by fexlist(m): 11:33pm On Oct 06, 2011
Yes toshiba leads other follow
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by Jiah011(f): 4:35am On Oct 07, 2011
Toshiba is the best after Mac! I've had mine over 3 years and it's been great!
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by sonety2k(m): 6:49am On Oct 07, 2011
cool
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by ferdiking: 7:13am On Oct 07, 2011
i have never use toshiba but my brown new hp as well as two of my cause mates own are giving us problems.
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by Maleeq(m): 9:48am On Oct 07, 2011
I still feel a laptop is just as good as the user. I have seen people that care for their laptops as they would eggs; whilst others toss them around like bowling balls, if the latter's laptop gives issues, would it be fair to say the product is crappy?

Also, what's your basis for the ratings? Is it the build quality, features or glitz? Funny I have seen several comments here that is clearly tied to the software/OS. I mean, how can someone be ranting over the brand when his system has a virus?

Plus, all brands have grades/bands and lemons. You should not compare a full featured Toshiba machine to say, a HP base model entry level machine? Or a business laptop to a multimedia laptop.

Getting a good answer for "best laptop brand" is next to impossible since you are always going to get people who have had bad experiences with a brand. I personally like IBM/Lenovo laptops, but a quick google search will show how many people have had problems with it. Same goes with Toshiba, HP and all of the other large manufacturers.

One's choice (criteria for criticism) of laptops should be based on specifications, price band (budget). Get relatively same models based on these from various brands and do a review,

1 Like

Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by victichy07(m): 9:50am On Oct 07, 2011
For me Asus laptop na d best. Omo see graphics na die, HD na here them stop, gaming na carry go, battery na longlife. If u dey watch movies with d battery u go see the happy ending. Asus all the way joorh.
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by oladayo042: 10:28am On Oct 07, 2011
@Maleeq Good one. People should start comparing equals.
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by profatom: 10:32am On Oct 07, 2011
i use toshiba, not heavy, very light, battery 5 hours guaranty 4 sure, webcam perfect, it's d best as4 me
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by akinsadeez(m): 12:01pm On Oct 07, 2011
@ dgunnerz, i'm thinking of getting a hp pavillion dv6. I hope all other features are fantastic. The way ppl are talking abt hp here is making to fear o. I've just never liked toshiba at all
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by victichy07(m): 12:59pm On Oct 07, 2011
akinsadeez:

@ dgunnerz, i'm thinking of getting a hp pavillion dv6. I hope all other features are fantastic. The way ppl are talking abt hp here is making to fear o. I've just never liked toshiba at all

Abeg, no buy hp laptop oh, they are backward in durability, lastability, reliability, recommendability, strongability etc
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by mrjingles(m): 1:52pm On Oct 07, 2011
Abeg why are pple mentioning macbooks here? We are talking about ordinary laptop! Macbook is in a class of its own, the rolls royce of laptops, comparing it to clunkers like toshiba and others is not fair on the others and an insult to Macs. There are just 2 kinds of laptops- Macs and the rest, Mac is number 1 and the others are not even number 2! They are number last! (dont compare a rolls royce to corolla)
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by Dgunnerz(m): 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2011
akinsadeez:

All other features are fantastic except the battery!

victichy07:

Abeg, no buy hp laptop oh, they are backward in durability, lastability, reliability, recommendability, strongability etc

Hmmn!
I have been using my HP since last 10 years no problem!
?
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by ReLaTE(m): 10:29pm On Oct 07, 2011
Tosh ranks 2nd while HP was d last. best is Asus and almost d same wt Tosh.
http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/laptop-reliability-1109/

Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by muyoto: 10:46pm On Oct 07, 2011
intersting !

Judging from the comments so far, HP seems to be just hot air. You begin to wonder what people make so much noise
about it. Though, i have to admit they dey try for the battery power. I hear the 630 model can last up to six hours! can you beat that??
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by Elpieda: 10:47pm On Oct 07, 2011
Wetin be Toshiba Hp, Dell, Sony Vaio ati be be lo all SUCK,

I went MacBook Pro 13" OS x Lion, and  mehn and I aint going back, Anyways there is no basis for comparing MacBooks with the others,
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by eyoniggar(m): 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2011
Great people think alike. Toshiba is the baba. Used mine for 3 years,ruggedity is the brand name.
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by ace4luv69(m): 4:54pm On Oct 11, 2011
@beejay i was having d same problem u had on ur toshiba so i had 2 disable one core in safemode,  My system is dual core
Re: Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. by Emperor2014: 10:12am On Aug 01, 2014
Hp tx2 touchsmart pc for sale.
Harddisk: 500gig
Ram: 4gig
Bluetooth
Touch screen
Black.

Contact me on 08060393033

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Download A Complete Playlist Video On Youtube Using IDM / How Long Will It Take To Charge A 12V 200AH Battery With Electricity / Where To Buy The Best Laptop In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.