Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Buried Alive In Coffin!!!.....u Won't Believe What Happened Next(pix). - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Buried Alive In Coffin!!!.....u Won't Believe What Happened Next(pix). (656 Views)

Two Hungry Snakes Tear A Frog To Pieces And Eat It Alive (pics) / Leaf Aeroplane: Say Hi If You Did It, Indomie Generation Won't Understand "Lol" / The True Story Of The Boy Buried Alive Inside Brick Walls Of Old House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buried Alive In Coffin!!!.....u Won't Believe What Happened Next(pix). by aramadaokunrin(m): 12:18pm On Jun 18, 2017
A husband kissed his wife goodbye before being buried in a coffin under a city street.

Friends and family closed the lid of the casket and dumped soil on top of it today after John Edwards climbed inside the box and laid down.

The pensioner is to spend three days inside the coffin in a hole dug with a JCB outside a church in Belfast.

But he will at least have the benefit of mod cons including broadband internet.
John hopes the stunt will help raise awareness for those suffering from addiction and depression .

The former addict founded the charity Walking Free, which helps people who are suicidal and those with addiction.
I'm a former addict and I've been clean and sober for 25 years," John said.

"I'm making a very large coffin, I'm burying it in East Belfast and I'm going to live in it for three days."
During his three-day stint in the coffin, John will be broadcasting stories of hope from his temporary underground home to help those who are struggling.

"I know this is a radical move but people are continually contacting me who are either suicidal or who know friends or family who are," he told Belfast Live .

"My plan is to speak to them from the grave before they get there and show them hope."
John will take calls, emails, Skype and texts from people around the world, who in turn will share their stories, live streaming through the coffin.

It is hoped the feed will reach millions around the world.

"People will communicate with me how they have navigated and overcome trauma, suicide attempts, coping with addicted children or family members as well as addiction to substance and behavior," he said.
John, a committed Christian who has been happily married to wife Trish for 20 years, said he is both privileged and humbled to help those who've lost hope.

Willowfield rector David McClay said: "John is going into the coffin on Ash Wednesday which marks the start of Lent. The season of Lent is one when Christians talk about dying to ourselves.

"But the message from the grave is one of hope - hope for those who are struggling with addictions, hope for those who feel life is hopeless, and hope of life that is eternal.
"John knows that he is going to be buried on March 1. The rest of us don't know when we will be buried, when our lives will end - but for every Christian there is the confident hope of life forever because of what Jesus has won for us on the cross.

"He did it so that we don't have to pay the price for our sin and guilt. John Edwards demonstrates the amazing transformation that Jesus can bring to our lives. I invite you to join in the live streaming of this event and hear for yourself."

Culled.

Re: Buried Alive In Coffin!!!.....u Won't Believe What Happened Next(pix). by Adamsdelrio(m): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2017
THIS IS MADNESS!!!!
Re: Buried Alive In Coffin!!!.....u Won't Believe What Happened Next(pix). by NwaAmaikpe: 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2017
angry
This is exactly what Evans did for his family so they can have a better life
Re: Buried Alive In Coffin!!!.....u Won't Believe What Happened Next(pix). by decatalyst(m): 12:27pm On Jun 18, 2017
I wish you safe journey in your endeavor.

A o pa fe le se Jesu

Ni bi ti a ko ni ya arawa

A o ri ra wa ao yo mo arawa

Jesu in yio je alaga wa.

cry cry cry
Re: Buried Alive In Coffin!!!.....u Won't Believe What Happened Next(pix). by braimeddy: 12:29pm On Jun 18, 2017
This is absolutely rubbish. There are other ways he can pass the message to people. Must he bury himself alive for people to believe him? This is how people try God

1 Like

Re: Buried Alive In Coffin!!!.....u Won't Believe What Happened Next(pix). by whitebeard(m): 12:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
AND THE CROWD GOES WILD CHANTING THIS IS STUPID..!! THIS IS STUPID...!!!
Re: Buried Alive In Coffin!!!.....u Won't Believe What Happened Next(pix). by TroubleMaker47(m): 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2017
Being claustrophobic I had chills reading this story! angry
Re: Buried Alive In Coffin!!!.....u Won't Believe What Happened Next(pix). by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 18, 2017
internet?
Oyinbo and Senselessness sometimes
Re: Buried Alive In Coffin!!!.....u Won't Believe What Happened Next(pix). by stint(m): 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2017
Wehhdone sir!

This your coffin that is bigger and more comfortable than a cell in kirikiri.

If you wan't to try real coffin, come and go to kirikiri and facebook from there!!

That's just on a lighter mood.

I think its all for the right reasons. A lot of awareness needs to be raised towards depressed people.

[url]How to Kill Depression before it kills your dreams https://gainprogress.com/2017/03/05/revealed-how-to-kill-depression-before-it-kills-your-dreams/[/url]

(1) (Reply)

I Hope You Understand Us / Nigeria Loses N24bn Monthly To Electricity-generator Market, Says Ashipa / Hottest Gist For This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.