Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

I Don't Know What This Person Is Seeking. Mature Advice Needed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Don't Know What This Person Is Seeking. Mature Advice Needed (623 Views)

PHOTOS: Help, This Person Is Missing For Over A Month Now / Kidnapper Evans: How I Beat Security Operatives, Why I Don't Snap Pictures / Bribe-seeking Policeman Assaults, Female AAUA Student, Handles Her Breast (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Know What This Person Is Seeking. Mature Advice Needed by Immorttal: 4:09pm On Jun 18, 2017
I dont know what i will call this but i believe somebody is trying to test my tolerance meter.
I just packed in to a new neighbourhood a month ago and am the kind of person that finds it difficult to sleep during heat periods (am hairy) and having mosquitoes in my room is a no-no for me. Because of the aforementioned i make sure i sleep with a stand-by generator for the most of the nights infacts i finds it difficult to sleep without fan and this have been a part of me for some years now. I use "i pass my neighbour" generator to power up for the nights. I noticed that whenever i woke up to off the generator usually around 5 - 5.30am there is this voice cursing from the neighbouring yard (demacated by fence) "don't off it! Idiot, how many people do you see sleep with a generator here" the most annoying part is that we do not live in the same yard and the generator is brand new with low sound (i only use it to power the fan and laptop) this has been a daily occurence till now even last night i had to off the generator around 1.am because a friend requested so and the voice repeated the curses still. I did not say a word, shut my backyard and went back to sleep only to hear some trashing sounds from the balcony, i woke up this morning to some dirts scattered in my backyard. Its obvious this man is very bitter and i try so much to avoid confrontations with him, i dont know him in person but i believe he knew me because i,ve been around there before packing in. I live in first floor while the person lives downstairs at the other yard seperated by a fence. Pals your advice is highly needed at this point to avoid making a mistake because many options are already on my mind.
Re: I Don't Know What This Person Is Seeking. Mature Advice Needed by olapluto(m): 4:13pm On Jun 18, 2017
How can you use generator till 5am? I have a rule in my house for tenants. ALL gens must be off by 11pm! sometimes 10pm self. Respect your neighbours.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What This Person Is Seeking. Mature Advice Needed by andyanders: 4:25pm On Jun 18, 2017
Op, it is annoying having to disturb neighbor with the sound of your gen no matter how new the gen is, unless soundproof gen.

Noise pollution is even a crime.You can off your gen by 12 midnight. If you got the money, get a solar system,
It is not wise cus I cannot tolerate that as I am allergic to such sound.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What This Person Is Seeking. Mature Advice Needed by Immorttal: 4:30pm On Jun 18, 2017
olapluto:
How can you use generator till 5am? I have a rule in my house for tenants. ALL gens must be off by 11pm! sometimes 10pm self. Respect your neighbours.
but the churches would be on with their high-pitched microphone in the name of tarrying night and crusades? As am talking to you right now he is blasting hid cd and am hearing it loud and clear from my bedroom. Thanks for your input
Re: I Don't Know What This Person Is Seeking. Mature Advice Needed by Immorttal: 4:34pm On Jun 18, 2017
andyanders:
Op, it is annoying having to disturb neighbor with the sound of your gen no matter how new the gen is, unless soundproof gen.

Noise pollution is even a crime.You can off your gen by 12 midnight. If you got the money, get a solar system,
It is not wise cus I cannot tolerate that as I am allergic to such sound.

thank you for your comment and solution, but i do not understand why he will discard a pile of thrash in my backyard.
Re: I Don't Know What This Person Is Seeking. Mature Advice Needed by newyorks(m): 4:58pm On Jun 18, 2017
olapluto:
bless u sir. this particular issue have caused a scene in our house. it only happens hear in africa, irrespective of ur riches u respect ur neigborhood.
Re: I Don't Know What This Person Is Seeking. Mature Advice Needed by andyanders: 5:05pm On Jun 18, 2017
Immorttal:
thank you for your comment and solution, but i do not understand why he will discard a pile of thrash in my backyard.

Two wrongs cannot make a right. Just try to change the time and if you have a house with a good ventilation as per your windows, open them in the night and as per the issue of mosquito, get a net and do fumigate your environment.

Avoid any form of confrontation with him and try and work/look forward to getting your own property.
Re: I Don't Know What This Person Is Seeking. Mature Advice Needed by Immorttal: 5:09pm On Jun 18, 2017
andyanders:

Two wrongs cannot make a right. Just try to change the time and if you have a house with a good ventilation as per your windows, open them in the night and as per the issue of mosquito, get a net and do fumigate your environment.

Avoid any form of confrontation with him and try and work/look forward to getting your own property.
thanks i will try to control my anger
Re: I Don't Know What This Person Is Seeking. Mature Advice Needed by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:13pm On Jun 18, 2017
olapluto:

What are you saying ?
I hope your response is sarcastic.
Is there is a law to that effect ? As long as the generator is not excessively noisy he can use it for however long he likes.
So the man should suffer because your stupid government cannot provide electricity ?

OP it is obvious you live among low class people. Star looking for a new house.
Re: I Don't Know What This Person Is Seeking. Mature Advice Needed by Immorttal: 5:13pm On Jun 18, 2017
newyorks:
bless u sir. this particular issue have caused a scene in our house. it only happens hear in africa, irrespective of ur riches u respect ur neigborhood.
we live in afrika, we act like afrikans, putting generator on in the midnight is accepted in this part of the continent. I know is wromg in other advanced countries but we will get there if the government wants us to get there by supplying constant electricity. For now, lets do it the african way.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What This Person Is Seeking. Mature Advice Needed by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:21pm On Jun 18, 2017
Immorttal:
thanks i will try to control my anger
My neighbor has a very noisy generator and we had to reason with her to reduce the noise which she did. I did not throw litter into her property.

Why can't he protest to the government against blackouts ?
Judging from his behaviour, he is of very low mentality.
Warn him seriously and pay policemen to deal with him if he continues to misbehave.

My
Re: I Don't Know What This Person Is Seeking. Mature Advice Needed by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:22pm On Jun 18, 2017
[quote author=Immorttal post=57633879] thanks i will try to control my anger[/quy policemen
Re: I Don't Know What This Person Is Seeking. Mature Advice Needed by Immorttal: 5:26pm On Jun 18, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

What are you saying ?
I hope your response is sarcastic.
Is there is a law to that effect ? As long as the generator is not excessively noisy he can use it for however long he likes.
So the man should suffer because your stupid government cannot provide electricity ?

OP it is obvious you live among low class people. Star looking for a new house.
i live close to where my business is situated. The bitterness and hate in that man's speech suggest that the noise is not his problem, i dont know his wahala
Re: I Don't Know What This Person Is Seeking. Mature Advice Needed by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2017
Immorttal:
i live close to where my business is situated. The bitterness and hate in that man's speech suggest that the noise is not his problem, i dont know his wahala

Nigerians are not reasonable people.
He should vent his feelings of inferiority and frustrations elsewhere.
Don't yield an inch unless he expresses his sentiments in a civilized manner
Re: I Don't Know What This Person Is Seeking. Mature Advice Needed by newyorks(m): 5:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
Immorttal:
we live in afrika, we act like afrikans, putting generator on in the midnight is accepted in this part of the continent. I know is wromg in other advanced countries but we will get there if the government wants us to get there by supplying constant electricity. For now, lets do it the african way.
neigbours started saying we be yahoo boys say we dey make use of from morning till night non-stop.
Re: I Don't Know What This Person Is Seeking. Mature Advice Needed by subtlemee(f): 5:54pm On Jun 18, 2017
Pray public health officers don't come for you, That's noise pollution and it constitutes to health hazards with the generator fumes..

If you be ajebo get inverter or rechargeable fan and work on your laptop in the day time

Lastly..will you like it if your sleep is constantly interrupted by a noisy neighbour's gen?
Re: I Don't Know What This Person Is Seeking. Mature Advice Needed by Immorttal: 5:55pm On Jun 18, 2017
newyorks:
neigbours started saying we be yahoo boys say we dey make use of from morning till night non-stop.
thats afrika for you. a continent where nobody minds their own business.

(1) (Reply)

Man Sacks Wife For `enjoying Sex’ With Armed Robbers / Popular Bishop Rapes 20-year-old Church Member In The Bush / Protecting Children From Pedophiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.