Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,004 members, 7,838,516 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

See 30+ Portions Of The Bible That Kiks Against Wearing Jewelry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See 30+ Portions Of The Bible That Kiks Against Wearing Jewelry (398 Views)

Is Wearing Jewelry A Sin? / Gracious David-West Wearing David Ibiyeomie's 5 Nights Of Glory Tag In Prison / A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See 30+ Portions Of The Bible That Kiks Against Wearing Jewelry by akwaforum2020: 11:11pm On Jun 18, 2017
1 Timothy 2:9 ESV / 122 helpful votes Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire,

1 Peter 3:3-4 ESV / 110 helpful votes Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.
Leviticus 19:28 ESV / 70 helpful votes You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the LORD.
1 Timothy 2:9-10 ESV / 62 helpful votes Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.
1 Peter 3:3 ESV / 61 helpful votes Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear—
Deuteronomy 22:5 ESV / 57 helpful votes “A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God.
1 Peter 3:1-6 ESV / 55 helpful votes Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands, ...
Isaiah 3:16-24 ESV / 55 helpful votes The LORD said: Because the daughters of Zion are haughty and walk with outstretched necks, glancing wantonly with their eyes, mincing along as they go, tinkling with their feet, therefore the Lord will strike with a scab the heads of the daughters of Zion, and the LORD will lay bare their secret parts. In that day the Lord will take away the finery of the anklets, the headbands, and the crescents; the pendants, the bracelets, and the scarves; the headdresses, the armlets, the sashes, the perfume boxes, and the amulets; ...
1 Peter 3:4 ESV / 41 helpful votes But let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.
Romans 12:2 ESV / 40 helpful votes Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Isaiah 3:18-20 ESV / 34 helpful votes In that day the Lord will take away the finery of the anklets, the headbands, and the crescents; the pendants, the bracelets, and the scarves; the headdresses, the armlets, the sashes, the perfume boxes, and the amulets;
Genesis 35:4 ESV / 30 helpful votes So they gave to Jacob all the foreign gods that they had, and the rings that were in their ears. Jacob hid them under the terebinth tree that was near Shechem.
Proverbs 25:12 ESV / 27 helpful votes Like a gold ring or an ornament of gold is a wise reprover to a listening ear.
Isaiah 61:10 ESV / 23 helpful votes I will greatly rejoice in the LORD; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
Song of Solomon 1:10 ESV / 22 helpful votes Your cheeks are lovely with ornaments, your neck with strings of jewels.
Luke 15:22 ESV / 21 helpful votes But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet.
Numbers 31:50 ESV / 21 helpful votes And we have brought the LORD's offering, what each man found, articles of gold, armlets and bracelets, signet rings, earrings, and beads, to make atonement for ourselves before the LORD.”
Psalm 31:6 ESV / 18 helpful votes I hate those who pay regard to worthless idols, but I trust in the LORD.
Genesis 24:22 ESV / 18 helpful votes When the camels had finished drinking, the man took a gold ring weighing a half shekel, and two bracelets for her arms weighing ten gold shekels,
Exodus 35:22 ESV / 17 helpful votes So they came, both men and women. All who were of a willing heart brought brooches and earrings and signet rings and armlets, all sorts of gold objects, every man dedicating an offering of gold to the LORD.
Revelation 21:2 ESV / 15 helpful votes And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Luke 16:18 ESV / 13 helpful votes “Everyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery.
Genesis 24:47 ESV / 13 helpful votes Then I asked her, ‘Whose daughter are you?’ She said, ‘The daughter of Bethuel, Nahor's son, whom Milcah bore to him.’ So I put the ring on her nose and the bracelets on her arms.
1 Timothy 2:10 ESV / 12 helpful votes But with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.
Ezekiel 16:8-12 ESV / 10 helpful votes “When I passed by you again and saw you, behold, you were at the age for love, and I spread the corner of my garment over you and covered your unclothedness; I made my vow to you and entered into a covenant with you, declares the Lord GOD, and you became mine. Then I bathed you with water and washed off your blood from you and anointed you with oil. I clothed you also with embroidered cloth and shod you with fine leather. I wrapped you in fine linen and covered you with silk. And I adorned you with ornaments and put bracelets on your wrists and a chain on your neck. And I put a ring on your nose and earrings in your ears and a beautiful crown on your head.
Ephesians 5:33 ESV / 9 helpful votes However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.
Exodus 21:1-36 ESV / 9 helpful votes “Now these are the rules that you shall set before them. When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing. If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out alone. But if the slave plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,’ ...
1 Corinthians 11:1-34 ESV / 8 helpful votes Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you. But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head, but every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven. ...
Ezekiel 16:1-63 ESV / 8 helpful votes Again the word of the LORD came to me: “Son of man, make known to Jerusalem her abominations, and say, Thus says the Lord GOD to Jerusalem: Your origin and your birth are of the land of the Canaanites; your father was an Amorite and your mother a Hittite. And as for your birth, on the day you were born your cord was not cut, nor were you washed with water to cleanse you, nor rubbed with salt, nor wrapped in swaddling cloths. No eye pitied you, to do any of these things to you out of compassion for you, but you were cast out on the open field, for you were abhorred, on the day that you were born. ...
Ezekiel 13:20 ESV / 8 helpful votes “Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I am against your magic bands with which you hunt the souls like birds, and I will tear them from your arms, and I will let the souls whom you hunt go free, the souls like birds.
Ezekiel 7:19-21 ESV / 8 helpful votes They cast their silver into the streets, and their gold is like an unclean thing. Their silver and gold are not able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the LORD. They cannot satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs with it. For it was the stumbling block of their iniquity. His beautiful ornament they used for pride, and they made their abominable images and their detestable things of it. Therefore I make it an unclean thing to them. And I will give it into the hands of foreigners for prey, and to the wicked of the earth for spoil, and they shall profane it.
1 Corinthians 11:1-16 ESV / 7 helpful votes Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you. But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head, but every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven. ...
Deuteronomy 6:8 ESV / 7 helpful votes You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
Exodus 21:5-7 ESV / 6 helpful votes But if the slave plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,’ then his master shall bring him to God, and he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall bore his ear through with an awl, and he shall be his slave forever. “When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do.
Exodus 33:1-6 ESV / 5 helpful votes The LORD said to Moses, “Depart; go up from here, you and the people whom you have brought up out of the land of Egypt, to the land of which I swore to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, saying, ‘To your offspring I will give it.’ I will send an angel before you, and I will drive out the Canaanites, the Amorites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites. Go up to a land flowing with milk and honey; but I will not go up among you, lest I consume you on the way, for you are a stiff-necked people.” When the people heard this disastrous word, they mourned, and no one put on his ornaments. For the LORD had said to Moses, “Say to the people of Israel, ‘You are a stiff- necked people; if for a single moment I should go up among you, I would consume you. So now take off your ornaments, that I may know what to do with you.’” ...
Exodus 3:22 ESV / 4 helpful votes But each woman shall ask of her neighbor, and any woman who lives in her house, for silver and gold jewelry, and for clothing. You shall put them on your sons and on your daughters. So you shall plunder the Egyptians.”
Comment belw will people that wear jewelry make Heaven?
Re: See 30+ Portions Of The Bible That Kiks Against Wearing Jewelry by Ioseph(m): 11:15pm On Jun 18, 2017
YAWN.

Jewelry and fashion adornment cultures have flourished historically in every ancient Christian nation since the dawn of the religion. People never took every Biblical line from a literalist perspective. The Islamic Golden age of the Umayyad caliphate also relaxed huge amounts of Quran verses, which made it soar in development and cultural flourishing. The stupid literalism of the modern muslim world is direct imported from Salafi Saudi Arabia.

Stop being a Christian version of BokoHaram plz

(1) (Reply)

Theme Of A Programme / A Nigeria Without Christianity And Islam / Women's Day At Mountain Of Fire Ministry Bad Tölz Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.