Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

My Career Vs My Family: Should I Stay Or Leave - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Career Vs My Family: Should I Stay Or Leave (466 Views)

I Stay In My Room and Do This Naughty Thing. To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] / What Determine If Present Administration Stays Or Leave Come 2019 / Me VS My Landlord(legal Issue) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Career Vs My Family: Should I Stay Or Leave by iamobstinate: 8:32am On Jun 19, 2017
Some times things don't go the way we plan and that's the situation I find myself as a graduate. I was supposed to be retained by my ppa with an offer of 40k monthly plus free accommodation but I was advised by my family to go assist a relative with her business since she planned to help me secure a better offer which was sure if only the recruitment process had not been suspended. Helping this relative wasn't a big deal until she began finding fault in me (no one is perfect remember) I'm unperturbed with her finding fault as I strive to make corrections immediately but the problem is that she's a very bias individual, she blames me for some of her mistakes and the way she takes at times make me feel suicidal. I intend leaving the place to seek greener pastures as crazy as I might sound my leaving plans includes (if I can't get a decent job to further my education as I am very much below 25 years) become a cab driver and try to save enough for MSC and feed myself, struggle to get a good job and start a distribution company and also go into farming, and along the line this relative of mine if she's still willing to help get me the lucrative job. I know my departure is going to be hard on me, she might not help me anymore the moment I step out of her home cos the last time I traveled and was absent from her business for a week, she sacked me. Staying with her is an assurance that I'd get the job but I guess I'm overstaying my welcome cos in her words "the more I'm dealing with you, the more I get the to know you're a difficult person"
I'm frustrated leaving with her.

Note: I believe if a relative wants to be of help I don't have to be a used by them.
For now I can say I'm jobless and broke.
I don't know when the organisation will resume the recruitment.
If I leave I can get accommodation till I can afford a place.

My imagination of her side of the story: I want to sponsor your MSC through this business
I pay you (15k plus other allowances let's say 20k)
You're not buying food neither are you paying house rent.

Please advice me, I'm the very ambitious type and staying at home for close to a year is causing great damage to my personality, sometimes I consider selling my kidney (it might sound funny crazy or dumb but that's how terrible, damaged and so low I have become)

Ps I could have gone to my parents but they're late... That's why I'm here. SHOULD I REMAIN HERE OR I SHOULD LEAVE AND NEVER LOOK BACK??

Mods and lala please help push this.
Re: My Career Vs My Family: Should I Stay Or Leave by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 19, 2017
Never you depend on anyone for your survival because Man will always Fail you
Re: My Career Vs My Family: Should I Stay Or Leave by iamobstinate: 8:57am On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Never you depend on anyone for your survival because Man will always Fail you

Hmmm deep. Thanks
Re: My Career Vs My Family: Should I Stay Or Leave by Antonblack(m): 9:08am On Jun 19, 2017
Relative ke believing in people is the worst mistake you can ever make only trust in God see that ur aunty will use u for her own good that by the time u realise time and opportunity have pass u by .
u had an offer after nysc in ur ppa and u left it bcus one aunty said she will help ? what stop her from helping u while u manage the ppa ? so u must stay and work for her B4 sh can help.
Just be a man and fight for ur life and future that ur aunty will never be satisfied no matter all the effort you put it might be hard, it might get bumpy and difficult but u don't sound like the lazy type get ur act togeda and don't depend on your aunt . just depend on yourself and God #my candid advise . u working hard and believing in God there is nothing u can't achieve forget abt u don't av parents pple worst than u av made it man
Re: My Career Vs My Family: Should I Stay Or Leave by Oladimejyy(m): 9:19am On Jun 19, 2017
Why dont you join politics in other to boost your career.joining is never a sin
Re: My Career Vs My Family: Should I Stay Or Leave by iamobstinate: 9:59am On Jun 19, 2017
Antonblack:
Relative ke believing in people is the worst mistake you can ever make only trust in God see that ur aunty will use u for her own good that by the time u realise time and opportunity have pass u by .
u had an offer after nysc in ur ppa and u left it bcus one aunty said she will help ? what stop her from helping u while u manage the ppa ? so u must stay and work for her B4 sh can help.
Just be a man and fight for ur life and future that ur aunty will never be satisfied no matter all the effort you put it might be hard, it might get bumpy and difficult but u don't sound like the lazy type get ur act togeda and don't depend on your aunt . just depend on yourself and God #my candid advise . u working hard and believing in God there is nothing u can't achieve forget abt u don't av parents pple worst than u av made it man

Thank you so much. Stay blessed
Re: My Career Vs My Family: Should I Stay Or Leave by iamobstinate: 10:00am On Jun 19, 2017
Oladimejyy:
Why dont you join politics in other to boost your career.joining is never a sin

Lol.. I have to start from somewhere na

(1) (Reply)

13 Officers Suspended For Allowing Strippers Entertain Prisioner / Meet The Man That Wants To Sell His Kidney Because Of Recession [photo] / Anyone that can transfer $400 to my Dom acct. And receive the naira instantly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.