Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria (9699 Views)

Improve Your Driving Skills Today - Attend Nigerian Drivers Conference 2019 / Saudi Style, Photos Shows Arab Men Driving Their Suvs On Just Two Wheels. / Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by autojosh: 9:44am On Jun 19, 2017
Driving Skills For Life (DSFL) is a yearly training sponsored by Ford Motor Company and its Nigerian distributor, Coscharis Motors.

It’s a 2 day programme organised to equip Nigerians with proper driving skills as well as safety tips.. through members of the Nigeria Auto Journalists’ Association (NAJA) who were in attendance. So when next you read some safety tips on AutoJosh, I probably learnt them from DSFL.

The training had both theory and practical.. During the practical section, each participant had the opportunity to test drive and experience the extreme off-road capabilities of the four wheel drive Ford Ranger on different terrains.. We also had a first hand experience of the Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) in the Ford Figo at speeds ranging from 60-100 km/h.

The most challenging part of the training was the drunk-driving simulation. All trainees drove the Ford Focus with drunk-driving goggles which made it seem like we were driving under the influence of alcohol. Sincerely, i really wonder how people manage to drink and drive.

According to Mr Abiona Babarinde who is the General Manager – Marketing and Corporate Communications, at Ford/Coscharis Motors, “Against this background, Ford is very pleased to be able to offer its proven road safety tool in the form of the Driving Skills for Life programme”

“This time around we are concentrating in working with the local motoring journalists and we trust they will transfer all their learnings on the DSFL course to their readers and viewers to spread the importance of safe driving and road safety.”

The Driving Skills For Life was launched in the 2003 in United States of America, since then, the training has been adopted in several other countries all over the world. The programme is aimed at providing information and improving driving skills in prospective and existing drivers.. in order to ensure a safe environment for humanity.

Note: Don’t drink and drive, it’s no fun in anyway..

https://autojosh.com/ford-nigeria-sponsors-driving-skills-for-life-in-nigeria/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 19, 2017
The most challenging part of the training was the drunk-driving simulation. All trainees drove the Ford Focus with drunk-driving goggles which made it seem like we were driving under the influence of alcohol. Sincerely, i really wonder how people manage to drink and drive.
I heard they feel like Lewis Hamilton while driving under the influence of alcohol. I'll forever cherish a pseudo-experience.

1 Like

Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by NwaAmaikpe: 12:29pm On Jun 19, 2017
shocked

What's the essence of the driving skills...when there are no good roads to put them to use

undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by Beverages: 12:32pm On Jun 19, 2017
Good development I would say.

Btw, The poster above me can be controversial at times.

Too sarcastic!
Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by chimah3(m): 12:32pm On Jun 19, 2017
DRIVING SKILL FOR LIFE...WAHZ THAT??!!
Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by Badonasty(m): 12:33pm On Jun 19, 2017
autojosh:
Driving Skills For Life (DSFL) is a yearly training sponsored by Ford Motor Company and its Nigerian distributor, Coscharis Motors.

It’s a 2 day programme organised to equip Nigerians with proper driving skills as well as safety tips.. through members of the Nigeria Auto Journalists’ Association (NAJA) who were in attendance. So when next you read some safety tips on AutoJosh, I probably learnt them from DSFL.

The training had both theory and practical.. During the practical section, each participant had the opportunity to test drive and experience the extreme off-road capabilities

Ok
Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by johnbuck81(m): 12:34pm On Jun 19, 2017
I'll love to take part in the training...how do I go about it?
Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by konkonbilo(m): 12:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
Just camehere to observe NwaAmaipke post undecided

1 Like

Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2017
Another thing dey for this driving wey dem dey teach sef undecided
Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by tolustwart: 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
Who did they train? Picture of Participant plz.

Cos they need to be precised with their participant (Long distance drivers should be their participant) not suit men.
Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
Beverages:
Good development I would say.

Btw, The poster above me can be controversial at times.

Too sarcastic!
Don't bother. The poster no well.

1 Like

Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by Damilare6293: 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
This is timely....Some people no sabi drive at all
Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by ayogozie(m): 1:00pm On Jun 19, 2017
My future ride lys on ford
Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 19, 2017
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by obo389(m): 1:29pm On Jun 19, 2017
But why didn't you inform us earlier about this test drive for those of us who maybe free on this forum to come partake and update on our driving skills?
Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
Autojosh how can one participate because from my house to coscharis motor company is not too far
Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by 7footre(m): 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
So you no invite us for d show make we follow you learn, why you come de tell us wetin happen? My brother behave o
Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by amanze15(m): 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2017
ford edge kiss kiss kiss
Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by piagetskinner(m): 7:57pm On Jun 19, 2017
wouldn't mind laying my hand on that ford ranger and giving it a full throttle on a lonely smooth road
Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by phranq(m): 6:46am On Jun 20, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

What's the essence of the driving skills...when there are no good roads to put them to use

undecided

Definitely you don't need it....... wetin concern Edo person with driving??
Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by Engenuo(m): 8:15am On Jun 20, 2017
Have they done the program, if not when is the date and venue...
Re: Ford Nigeria Sponsors Driving Skills For Life Training In Nigeria by AutoJoshNG: 9:22am On Jun 20, 2017
lofty900:
Autojosh how can one participate because from my house to coscharis motor company is not too far

I usually announce such events before the date.. you can get to know by staying tuned to AutoJosh

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 2007-2012, Android 7.1 Car DVD Player (4G LTE) / Buy GPS Trackers From Us At Wholesale Prices (CUT FUEL/STOP ENGINE, 10K) / Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.