Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity (5566 Views)

After Ohakim, Lamido, EFCC Moves To Arrest Ex- Abia Gov. T. Orji / Breaking News: Ex Abia Governor Fingers Over Dimgba Igwe's Mysterious Death / Check Out Photos Of Ex Abia Governor, Orji Uzor Kalu Living In Opulence! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by Arnold1(m): 4:46pm On Jan 25, 2010
Mekusxyz:

IBB established a university
Obasanjo established a university
Atiku established a university
Nnamani (ex Gov) did same
Orji Kalu has just done same
On face value this sounds grand
But, is this the best way to pay back for stolen monies?
Are these universities tuition-free?

correction, IBB did not establish a university. He had one named after him
by the niger state govt. cool
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by GeorgeD1(m): 4:50pm On Jan 25, 2010
this is becoming a pattern now: enter politics, steal more than enough money, launch a university! how cool! sad
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by messiah(m): 5:18pm On Jan 25, 2010
And where are the institutions/establishments which would absorb the graduates of these universities? O_o
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by hackney(m): 5:35pm On Jan 25, 2010
These looter should be building factories and manufacturing plants that will help the economy
and not half baked Unis that collect money.
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by nbem2008: 5:38pm On Jan 25, 2010
Establishing a University is just the same as establishing a business. These guys will be making a lot of money from it, unless the school is tuition free. Imagine the number of students these schools will attract, then mutiply that by the tuition charged, you'll then see that they're not doing the society any favours. Besides, only rich people can afford these private varsities, but then go visit any of the state or federal universities, you'll witness the cesspool most of them have become, that's what's left for students from poor families. Nigeria, one step forward and ten steps backwards.
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by manny4life(m): 6:13pm On Jan 25, 2010
messiah:

And where are the institutions/establishments which would absorb the graduates of these universities? O_o

Good question everyone should be asking and not asking if tuition is free because there is no school that gives free tuition. Besides I know the tuition would be quite expensive, so there's the trade off. In my own view, establishing a university shouldn't be the priority, but rehabilitating the existing with with sophisticated school equipment to aid student aspiring students reach their goals. I know I did not go to university there, but I'm yet to hear a tangible research project that was sponsored by a university. This should be things our schools should be doing; harnessing the potentials in bright minds and not creating universities everywhere, yet there are lack of jobs for the students that have graduated.
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by GeorgeD1(m): 6:49pm On Jan 25, 2010
hackney:

These looter should be building factories and manufacturing plants that will help the economy
and not half baked Unis that collect money.

they are not interested in helping the economy. all they want is an avenue to launder their
ill-gotten wealth and opening a university provides a perfect opportunity for that.
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by option4301(m): 7:27pm On Jan 25, 2010
Kalu looted my state blind.Let him continue to display his ill-gotten wealth,time shall tell.Judgement day is underway for all looters in Nigeria!!!
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by Abagworo(m): 8:18pm On Jan 25, 2010
Arnold1:

U BE IM BRODA?
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by HARDDICK(m): 8:30pm On Jan 25, 2010
Just a means where they can be kidnapping students for their various rituals to pro-long their life while parents of the students weeps for their dead children.

Let see if they will live for ever.
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by Mekusxyz: 9:29pm On Jan 25, 2010
Arnold1,

You are unsure about your claim, right? Well then, IBB left no legacy of his loot in Nigeria? What did he do with his own stolen billions? At least others are building and managing ''universities''. Did he stash them in Swiss Banks or under his pillow?
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by Kristaz(m): 1:19am On Jan 26, 2010
Orji Uzor Kalu emptied the treasury of Abia State during his 8 yeaar misrule in Abia State.D truth is dat he developed and built a 'village' of his own in his community while he was in power.When he left govt,he found out dat there was nothing he could do with d vast houses,roads,hospitals concentrated in his personal 'village',again d cost of maintening it was big,he began to think,and d University was born!
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by mbulela: 4:53am On Jan 26, 2010
i hope Orji uzor kalu himself will attend the school?
seeing that he is an illiterate.
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by GeorgeD1(m): 12:49pm On Jan 26, 2010
well, that's another trick too. most of them set up these varsities so they can get 'honorary' degrees from them to cover their illiteracy! grin
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by baslone: 1:01pm On Jan 26, 2010
Arnold1:

. . . but his wife was smarter to build an institution for herself!
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by Meldrick(m): 1:13pm On Jan 26, 2010
After the successful loot of Abia State funds you have invested.

Kalu or Uzor, you try eh

Congrats.
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by GeorgeD1(m): 3:02pm On Jan 26, 2010
yes. him wan use some of the loot begin train im children too. how smart! grin
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by floriana(m): 5:06pm On Jan 26, 2010
@Arbold 1

You are wrong to say IBB did not establish a university. He actually establsied a university called "Heritage University". He can never be outdone by any of his boys in the display of looted funds.
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by Mekusxyz: 5:11pm On Jan 26, 2010
floriana:

@Arbold 1

You are wrong to say IBB did not establish a university. He actually establsied a university called "Heritage University". He can never be outdone by any of his boys in the display of looted funds.

Thanks. I was waiting to hear more from Arnold1 before I expose his cover-up. Apparently, the incompetent Maradona could not manage his university (Heritage University), prompting the NUC to withdraw his licence. The only rogue who out-did IBB in looting is Obasanjo the Olowu of Owu in Oduduwaland
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by chidichris(m): 7:11pm On Jan 26, 2010
kalu has been into business even before joining the official criminal gangs.
he has always shown his interest in public services.
the man kalu is hated by many big time criminals and they do their best to frustrate whatsoever business he tries to do.
the last time it was obasanjo refusing his airline ( slok air) linscence to operate in nigeria hence the airline was turned to a presidential jet outside nigeria(gambia) to be precise.
my fears is that the same cabal will not allow the school operate but for his wisdom, he will easily turn it to poultary and make more money from it.
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by kegikwanu(m): 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2010
how can one praise a man that looted and stole from that state?? ,
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by Arnold1(m): 7:41pm On Jan 26, 2010
floriana:

@Arnold 1

My apologies. I did not know IBB established Heritage University. I thought someone was referring to IBB university as
the one he founded.

I stand corrected.

Mekusxyz:

Thanks. I was waiting to hear more from Arnold1 before I expose his cover-up. Apparently, the incompetent Maradona could not manage his university (Heritage University), prompting the NUC to withdraw his licence. The only rogue who out-did IBB in looting is Obasanjo the Olowu of Owu in Oduduwaland

Mekusxyz,
Please see my write up above.   cool

[
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by GeorgeD1(m): 7:46pm On Jan 26, 2010
partners in loot! grin
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by erith: 7:50pm On Jan 26, 2010
How much will he be charging the student? we need to know
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by MIKKY2: 9:00pm On Jan 26, 2010
half bread better dan puff puff at least d money is in our economy
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by 4peace(m): 9:11pm On Jan 26, 2010
Nothing atall na e bad pass
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by GeorgeD1(m): 11:40am On Jan 27, 2010
MIKKY2:

half bread better dan puff puff at least d money is in our economy

that is why others will keep on stealing. they know sentiments like this will always shield them.
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by MuNeme(m): 6:12pm On Jan 30, 2010
What attention did Abia state univ receive when he was the gov since it's obvious he has regard for education? None! Its all about personal interest which is investment and profit. God help us
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by poweredcom(m): 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2010
@nosa-henry men u are a real brainless malu how dare u support kalu idea they are all killing our public institution why why why are these leaders wicked/all private university in nigeria is rubbish/
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by aru11: 9:30am On Dec 19, 2010
Instead of venturing into Humanitarian services to his people, he looted Abia dry only to setup Banks, InsurAnce Companies, Airline and other businesses he setup while he was d governor of Abia State. His Camp Neya Country Home shows it was commissioned a day before he was sworn in as Abia state Governor, can you imagine how corny this glorified criminal is. The mansion was actually built by Abia State Fund, because Kalu does not have any business staying in his village before he became the governor of Abia State.

You need to see display of public funds in that village.

The school is only meant to further intimidate his people, not by bringing them development because non of their sons and daughters will be capable financially to attend that school. So what then are we walking about? LOOT FROM THE POOR TO SERVICE THE RICH AND THEIR CRONNIES. You see how man can course man untold hardship and suffering.

I wonder why this clown is being celebrated, over 60% of Abia Wealth for 8 Solid years was diverted into personal pockets of Kalu, her mother excellency, brothers and close pals from Igbere and others.

I wonder why a deputy Governor could go that low to make those comments while the state university is under lock and key?
Time will tell how this fraud star will continue deceiving his people and Nigeria in General.
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by buzugee(m): 8:39pm On Dec 19, 2010
why do you guys come into these threads barking incessantly and ubiquitously about people who loot your money ? geez give it a rest. either grow the balls to actually do something about it or kindly STFU. these toothless barks are all over threads in any nigerian forum online. geezzzz give it a rest already. be pro-active if you are pissed. go and look for how to buy a gun. then stalk your prey (the looter), then shoot him dead. either that or kindly stop whining incessantly like a lil beyachhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh angry
Re: Ex-abia Gov Sets Up Varsity by IRserveMyComent(f): 9:09am On Apr 04, 2016
LordReed:
I would rather they built industries, factories, refineries, power plants and other heavy engineering & technology utilisation schemes than mere money making avenues.
Guy do you know how many companies this man owns? Do you know how many are on his pay roll? Do you know how many job opportunities the university will create? He is, from available evidence so far the best performed governor abia state ever had.

(1) (2) (Reply)

www.lindaikeji..com Finally Blocked From Blogger.com. / Drugs Scarcity Persists At State House Clinic / Niger Delta Militants To Work With Army Against Boko Haram Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.