Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,150 members, 7,849,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:49 AM

Why Should I Do An Internship? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Should I Do An Internship? (8074 Views)

Invitation For An Internship Program At Uba,who Else Got The Text! / Got An Internship Through Nairaland But...................... / Lady Gets An Internship Placement In Deloitte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by Righteous555(m): 8:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
Adek15:
my guy, go and learn Matlab or any programming language, software relating to petroleum engineering (might be costly) unless you know someone that knows someone in the oil industry (the little spaces available are being competed with chemical engineering students)..

Advice from a senior engineering student
thanks alot.. i wanted to do computer programming, but it was too expensive, 80k.....
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by MrCEO69(m): 8:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
jobyina:
This is a question I have helped you in answering.

It’s really important to do an internship before applying for a job; you need to get the hands-on experience that is talked about when discussing the importance of internships it is not just a matter of landing the right job. Here are five solid reasons you should consider an internship.

1. Real Life Experience:

An internship enables you to gain first-hand exposure of working in the real world. It also allows students to harness the skill, knowledge, and theoretical practice they learnt in university. You can acquire enough theoretical education and certifications in your life; however, that knowledge doesn’t always translate to practicability in the real world. The great thing about internships is that it teaches young people who are about starting a career about the specific industries and companies they are interested in. Even the experience of trying something new is extremely beneficial. An intern is given proper training, assignments, and duties without the added pressure. Internships provide a nice learning curve for students with experience of the professional world.

2. Networking:

Networking is an exchange of information between people, with the ultimate goal of establishing acquaintances and relationships to advance your professional career. Partaking in an internship allows interns to establish deeper relationships, relationships that could take you further in your career, shape you and even bring help when you don’t expect. Being an intern gives you more opportunities to build connections with company professionals that can be very beneficial for your future career. Interns get to meet professionals, attend seminars and conferences which help them understand the intricacies of the chosen career path.

“Networking is an investment in your business. It takes time and when done correctly can yield great results for years to come”. – Diane Helbig

“Networking is not about just connecting people. It’s about connecting people with people, people with ideas, and people with opportunities”.-Michele Jennae

3. Boost Your Resume:

Do you know having an internship experience could boost your CV? Recruiters are always on the look out for those with the right experience to cut down on cost of training and increase productivity. Jobs in Nigeria today even ask entry level graduates for their years of experience.

Internships are the perfect way to enhance your resume through relevant experiences. When an employer sees that you’ve completed an internship, it’s not enough to simply show you’ve spent some time as an intern. List the tasks you’ve done and projects you’ve participated in to demonstrate your value. During your internship you can acquire new skills and abilities which can improve yourself as a young professional, and furthermore enhance your resume. The more experience you acquire, the easier it is to acquire a job in your chosen field.

4. Recommendations:

Certain jobs require a letter of recommendation from previous employers or even referees. After an internship, it would be pretty easy for your employer to write you a letter of recommendation. This would further boost your chance of securing the dream job in a competitive labour market, in a competitive market you need all the competitive edge you can get. I believe this is one of them.

5. Job offer:

This is the icing on the cake. In some cases, interns get lucky to get retained and employed companies and are immediately accorded the benefits they deserve –great remuneration, car and even further training.

Some companies resort to training interns and then employ them, who knows, you might get lucky.

Internships are a great way to learn the ropes so even if you find yourself filing or making coffee, as long as you‘re learning about the field take advantage of the opportunity and don’t take the experience lightly. Asking questions is one key to learning in an internship and keeping yourself flexible throughout the internship can open many doors.

So start your internship today.

Source:http://jobyina.com/why-should-i-do-an-internship/

Doing my intership has reveal to me my hidden talents.. charlie u cnt blive it... i dnt think i will stop the intership still i finish sch here... menh its been fun for me.. i would say i was favored to be doing my IT at iKolilu here in ghana. now i dnt really border about exchange rate or house rent or light/water bill. all that was because am doing internship.
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by chaiks: 9:24pm On Jun 20, 2017
please I seriously need an internship placement.I read history and international studies.I'll appreciate a lot if anyone can link me up with an organization or a suitable place. I plan to work in the development sector in the near future.so I seriously need internship placement in any organization that renders community development assistance or humanitarian works.thanks.
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by Adek15(m): 10:49pm On Jun 20, 2017
Righteous555:
thanks alot.. i wanted to do computer programming, but it was too expensive, 80k.....
you're welcome. Did you tell them you're an I.T student?
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by Righteous555(m): 11:16pm On Jun 20, 2017
Adek15:
you're welcome. Did you tell them you're an I.T student?
yes i did... but they refuse to lower the price.....
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by chigozie391(m): 12:42pm On Jun 21, 2017
protechonline:

Send an email to info@jobyina.com, 08126527454, 08127592699, 08089388897 or visit them at 27 COKER STREET ORIMOLADE BUS-STOP, COLLEGE ROAD, IFAKO-IJAIYE, OGBA LAGOS

Thanks
I sent them an email containing my cv cover letter and my SIWES form.... Am Yet to hear from them
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by jessyb: 1:29pm On Jun 21, 2017
If You Reside In Lagos And Want To Make Extra Income Working With A Real Estate Company, Call 07084910289
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by chigozie391(m): 8:55am On Jun 27, 2017
protechonline:

Send an email to info@jobyina.com, 08126527454, 08127592699, 08089388897 or visit them at 27 COKER STREET ORIMOLADE BUS-STOP, COLLEGE ROAD, IFAKO-IJAIYE, OGBA LAGOS

Thanks
I received an email today from them... Asking me to come to there office... Why do I need to go there.... What should I expect

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Can You Tell Me About Doheney Services? / Simple Tips To Create A Perfect Cover Letter Template For Your Job Search / What Type Of Questions Can Be Expected For Software Developer Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.